Tactics, Formation, Plan B, lack of any sort of ideas

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
When are we going to stop playing flat 3? When are we going to learn that maybe it's time to try and steer towards 4 in defence? Either Anel and Egan or Anel and Clark or Clark and Egan?

When are we going to play to Berge's strengths and play him in a more attacking role?

When is Hecky going to stop making a living off of Wilder's system? We don't have any overlapping centre backs, the formation CLEARLY doesn't work anymore.

I don't care that it's a pre-season game. We lost 3-2 to Scunthorpe in Non League and got battered by Mansfield 3-0. This is not acceptable regardless of the circumstance.

Something has to change, fast.

When are we going to stop playing flat 3? When are we going to learn that maybe it's time to try and steer towards 4 in defence? Either Anel and Egan or Anel and Clark or Clark and Egan?

When are we going to play to Berge's strengths and play him in a more attacking role?

When is Hecky going to stop making a living off of Wilder's system? We don't have any overlapping centre backs, the formation CLEARLY doesn't work anymore.

I don't care that it's a pre-season game. We lost 3-2 to Scunthorpe in Non League and got battered by Mansfield 3-0. This is not acceptable regardless of the circumstance.

When we sign an attacking midfielder. Hope this helps

You know they’re just pre season friendlies right?
Oh okay. I’m happier now I’ve just found out we’ve just beaten Mansfield and Scunthorpe. Not sure why I thought we lost to lower league opposition with near full strength teams

You’d play Egan in the middle of a back 4?

People acting like the losses don’t mean anything. The lack of creativity, productivity and chances clearly mean absolutely nothing.

We are clearly going to steamroll Watford now

Mad to think that 20 years nobody would have even known we were playing tonight until they saw the score in The Star the day after. Now we have people genuinely discussing where things went wrong. Bad for people this internet I tell thee

Mad to think that 20 years nobody would have even known we were playing tonight until they saw the score in The Star the day after. Now we have people genuinely discussing where things went wrong. Bad for people this internet I tell thee
You’re right. We’ve just conceded 6 and lost both games against non-league and L2 teams but everything is fine. We’ll be up by Xmas.

I remember back when I used to tweet to a crowd of about 20 as nobody could care less :)

People acting like the losses don’t mean anything. The lack of creativity, productivity and chances clearly mean absolutely nothing.

We are clearly going to steamroll Watford now

Watford have lost to Bolton and Cambridge conceding 5 in the process. If the friendlies are anything to go by it's going be 6-5 or some mad shit when we play them in a few weeks.

Unfortunately the friendlies are nothing to go by as proven by going unbeaten under Weir and Adkins and losing to Matlock, Burton and Halifax in our last 3 promotion seasons

And people would have still seen the score or 3-0 loss and wondered what happened and why we lost 🤷‍♂️

What matters is that we’ve lost a game of football. Scratch that, 2 games of football.

The main goal of a football match is to win.

Fantastic news though, our players have got some minutes in the tanks. We’ve had a few injuries on the way, but that clearly doesn’t matter. They’re just pre season friendlies. All the players will be fit in time for the first league game of the season because nothing that happens in a pre season friendly, actually matters!

Nobody would have given a single shit. As Foxy says above, nobody cared about friendlies until about 5 years ago when they became available to watch.
Sheffield United tweeting 3-0 loss raises eyebrows. Pre season friendlies that aren’t being played behind closed doors, there are fans that have paid money to go and watch. They would still be watching a 3-0 loss. People give a shit, people pay money to watch this club and have just got 2 losses in a row against non league and league two opposition. People care about this club and the way it’s heading, and they spend money in doing so

Sheffield United tweeting 3-0 loss raises eyebrows. Pre season friendlies that aren’t being played behind closed doors, there are fans that have paid money to go and watch. They would still be watching a 3-0 loss. People give a shit, people pay money to watch this club and have just got 2 losses in a row against non league and league two opposition. People care about this club and the way it’s heading, and they spend money in doing so

It was behind closed doors tonight and whilst I agree people care about where the club is going, very few will think losing a couple of Pre-Season friendlies means anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom