Tactics, Formation, Plan B, lack of any sort of ideas

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Put up a formation using our current players and 4 at back.
Wes
Baldock Anel Clark Lowe

Berge Norwood Fleck

Ndiaye

Brewster Osula

Not very hard is it

Edit: it appears to be hard for the layout to come through the same way I typed it out, so see screenshot186B4E09-4F61-414B-8128-4B2ACC4C6A6E.jpeg

Perhaps when the window has closed and we have had 6/7 matches it would make more sense to comment on how we are set up.
Why can we not use a back 3 or 4 in different matches or at different times in matches ?

You do have a point, its only a pre-season friendly, why dont we mix it up and try 4 at the back for one match, but then you would get the other whingers saying Hecky is trying to change the team when we should be sticking to a tried and tested formula. You cant win.

It not the score that matters forget that for a minute its they way they are playing. Everyone should be able to agree last two matches we were shit with one or two positives coming through.

Barnsley will be our biggest test and it should be treated like that is the first game of the season. Even so it gives Hecky an extra two days to work out the kinks till Watford (who are also doing terrible pre-season) to Monday night football, on Sky. Oh crap, we are on Sky we will lose.

Wes
Baldock Anel Clark Lowe

Berge Norwood Fleck

Ndiaye

Brewster Osula

Not very hard is it

Edit: it appears to be hard for the layout to come through the same way I typed it out, so see screenshotView attachment 139662
Not bad in all fairness. But i'm not too sure...

Egan - he was easily one of our better performers last season, are you dropping him out, just to play 4 at the back?

Full Backs - that's what they are in this formation, not wing backs. This would mean 90% of build up must go down middle. If a full back did push up, it would leave us very vulnerable for a counter:
1658314173112.png

By playing 3 at the back, it enables us to overload in attack with wing backs, whilst still having enough defensive minded people deep. To show this i've added Egan back in for Osula:
1658314308385.png

Berge - restricting his talent. He played in a flat 3 midfield and didn't really shine. We saw the best of him in the more attacking role last season. If we were to go with a back 4, i feel it would need to be something like these:

1658314422155.png1658314590461.png

OR...

1658314687571.png

We should play with 12 players. No one will notice.

Not without wingers, as I've said above
Are not wingers relevant to a decade or more ago ? They really are a waste of resource and have been replaced either by wing backs where there is a 3 or by attack minded midfielders where there is a 4

Not bad in all fairness. But i'm not too sure...

Egan - he was easily one of our better performers last season, are you dropping him out, just to play 4 at the back?

Full Backs - that's what they are in this formation, not wing backs. This would mean 90% of build up must go down middle. If a full back did push up, it would leave us very vulnerable for a counter:
View attachment 139665

By playing 3 at the back, it enables us to overload in attack with wing backs, whilst still having enough defensive minded people deep. To show this i've added Egan back in for Osula:
View attachment 139666

Berge - restricting his talent. He played in a flat 3 midfield and didn't really shine. We saw the best of him in the more attacking role last season. If we were to go with a back 4, i feel it would need to be something like these:

View attachment 139668View attachment 139670

OR...

View attachment 139672
Looks good

Especially when Doyle is fit and if we land the Brighton 3rd / 4th choice

Back
Top Bottom