Stewards tonight on the kop

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If these kids want to sit together then they could organise it but they clearly don’t have the skills or the will.
They could move their seats during the close season and select an area but no.
They might not be exactly next to each other but only a seat or two away and anyway why does that matter, they want to sit near each other to create an atmosphere. No, what they want is to sit wherever they want regardless of who is supposed to sit there. There’s a simple solution which I gave at the start of this post but they don’t want to do that for some reason no one can explain.

Anyone abusing the mainly students who have been drafted in to try and steward these idiots are cunts of the higher order. Show them your ticket as asked, when you’re asked. It’s not a big deal, doesn’t put you out and is only required because of other stupid cunts.
Help them do their job for fucks sake.

To be fair to cheesebored I do get his point if I had a ticket at the top of the Kop and didn't or was unable to stand I would ultimately look to move probably further down, not moving then would to an extent, be a stubborn refusal to face the facts, that not moving means my match day experience will not be brilliant. That section has always stood, presumably the people who buy their tickets there stand anyway. This gets sorted only one way, a top section of the Kop becomes designated safe standing. Even then however the people who sit there now should be given the option to stay in that section. They then can't complain about standing around them. People who over a considerable period of time have shown consistent loyalty to the club regardless of performances on the pitch or league position, have for me earned the right to be treated as important members of the fanbase worthy of the chance to renew their seat before fans who have not. Yes the seat belongs to the club not the fan, but the fans ultimately are vital in securing the future of the club. United's problem is actually not enough new seats with decent views available for casual fans who might want to attend. We were all casual fans once. We have no legal right to anything but there is for me an obligation for the club to treat loyal customers with respect.

The answer is pretty obvious really, all the stewards need is a big rubber stamp and an ink pad to stamp everyone's seat number on their forehead,
May I also suggest they use luminous ink for night matches....

There fixed it 🥸
Fuck that. There were enough stewards there on Saturday for us all to have our own personal steward. They could guide us to our seat and also take and fetch our refreshment orders.

Looking at those, United have responded in by far the most drastic way by blocking sales for presumably 2,000 plus seats.
Still not particularly clear what the safety danger is (has a single injury been reported?) and given it's right at the back of the kop it has virtually no nuisance value to anyone else on the kop.
Feels like a safety group looking for a problem and now potentially getting into a tangle and a stand-off as a result.
If United go up are we really going to restrict capacity for Premier League games?
Maybe there's some serious threat to public safety that I'm missing but can't currently see it.

So you can engage like an adult after all. Maybe it's an opportunity for the club to reset the seating arrangements to allow the younger, more vocal elements of our fan base to sit together and actually create an atmosphere. You and I both know this won't happen because of the dinosaurs that 'have sat in this seat for 25 years' brigade. The atmosphere at the lane is currently as bad as I can remember it, especially with around 30, 000 in it on a regular basis. If people are happy with that fair do's but it could and should be so much better. As I said in a previous post, show the evidence that its a problem or risk over and above any other ground in the country.

I assume you’ll be happy to give up your seat to me if I promise to make more noise than you?

Got to my seat on the back row just about 15 min before kick-off. this female steward came up to us are you in the correct seat. I said yes and sat in it for 30 years. family members stated laughing. she walks away turns back and said to me what did you say. my reply was nowt. someone shouted you remind me of the sergeant major when i was in the army. we are all chuckling. she gave me a reght look. and went away so we could enjoy the match.

The club are already alienating fans by not allowing season ticket holders on the South Stand, the Kop and John St stands claim their usual seat for the FA cup games and like they did for the Forest Play off game. My seat had gone for the Wrexham game so I stayed at home and watched on TV fuck em. Should we get to Wembley there will be no chance of me getting first dibs on tickets above someone who had over 60,000 loyalty points. At the least give ST holders a bit of time to claim their usual seat for home games FFS I'm too old to be plonked into a section where everyone stands up for the 90mins my knees can't take it and the reason I don't have a seat high up the kop. I can access my seat without the need to do 100 steps. What we should have is a section at the back for those who want to stand and one for those who want to sit then everyone can be reasonably happy. Before anyone says it I am aware ST holders will have to be moved off the BLUT but everyone knows that when they buy a ST on that end of the ground. If someone grabs my usual seat for the Tottenham game I will not bother going and watch on TV.

The club are already alienating fans by not allowing season ticket holders on the South Stand, the Kop and John St stands claim their usual seat for the FA cup games and like they did for the Forest Play off game. My seat had gone for the Wrexham game so I stayed at home and watched on TV fuck em. Should we get to Wembley there will be no chance of me getting first dibs on tickets above someone who had over 60,000 loyalty points. At the least give ST holders a bit of time to claim their usual seat for home games FFS I'm too old to be plonked into a section where everyone stands up for the 90mins my knees can't take it and the reason I don't have a seat high up the kop. I can access my seat without the need to do 100 steps. What we should have is a section at the back for those who want to stand and one for those who want to sit then everyone can be reasonably happy. Before anyone says it I am aware ST holders will have to be moved off the BLUT but everyone knows that when they buy a ST on that end of the ground. If someone grabs my usual seat for the Tottenham game I will not bother going and watch on TV.
With the new owner ( if it happens)we will get fan influence on the board according to what he said on the video.
This is a big problem at the club stretching back to Mccabes time.
Although the prince has done goof job since he took over these issues grow as the owner and CEO are invisible.
Technology today means ! No reason why owner or chief executive can't talk to us fans.
Don't need a forum to put things across to us know ! Just feed us some up to date info on club matters.
Is that so difficult from there ivory towers
Over to you Prince & and CEO.

There's no way on this planet we're getting a safe standing area anytime soon because we've demonstrated that we're not adult enough to safe sit. Pie in the sky. Unless everyone starts following the rules, then it will never happen. Why would SAG/Sheffield Council etc sign off on it when a significant number of fans won't either sit in their seats or sit?

There's no way on this planet we're getting a safe standing area anytime soon because we've demonstrated that we're not adult enough to safe sit. Pie in the sky. Unless everyone starts following the rules, then it will never happen. Why would SAG/Sheffield Council etc sign off on it when a significant number of fans won't either sit in their seats or sit?
It is that blasted Brexit again no doubt?

It is that blasted Brexit again no doubt?
Don’t worry mate, I’m sure a tangible benefit will appear at some point in the next year or so.
All we can do is believe in the Country just a little bit more and maybe nobhead fans will congregate where they’ve actually bought a ticket.

It was good at the end though when the stewards invaded the pitch, formed a shield wall and offered out all the Swansea fans. Looked like they all shit their-sen, couldnt leave the ground quick enough...

I'd be interested to know which of the 80 plus councillors support United and how many support the Pigs. You obviously know the answer to determine the council is "Wendy" dominated or perhaps you maybe are mistaken that it is council officers carrying out their duties as per their job descriptions as employees of the council where you know them personally and their football allegiances?
I personally know four councillors and they’re all blades.

The rows of seats at the back of the kop are not being used for the cup match on Sunday. so no reason why they can't rip rows Y to AF out and make it a safe standing section for the start of next season.

Ipswich have communicated their plans to supporters for next season. Whether you agree or otherwise, they're making changes. They trialled it at a cup game and received positive feedback from all 4 stands. Seems the Ed Sheeran pickle smoochers don't mind some singing, drumming and flag waving. Also shows that clubs can trial and listen.

A few fans in the comments asking why they haven't been told about this so we'll see how that goes but still, for these it's happening.

"BUT WORRABART MI SEAT?! AV SAT ERE FORTY YEAR! MOVED FOR SOME HOODLUMS WANTING TO MAKE NOISE?! CLUBS DEAD"

Ipswich have communicated their plans to supporters for next season. Whether you agree or otherwise, they're making changes. They trialled it at a cup game and received positive feedback from all 4 stands. Seems the Ed Sheeran pickle smoochers don't mind some singing, drumming and flag waving. Also shows that clubs can trial and listen.

A few fans in the comments asking why they haven't been told about this so we'll see how that goes but still, for these it's happening.

"BUT WORRABART MI SEAT?! AV SAT ERE FORTY YEAR! MOVED FOR SOME HOODLUMS WANTING TO MAKE NOISE?! CLUBS DEAD"

What will they be singing; I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester? "I drove my tractor through your 'aystack last night..."

What will they be singing; I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester? "I drove my tractor through your 'aystack last night..."
Possibly. More than some of our sections though. My nan says she sings where they are (halfway on JS). Followed with "we sing the greasy chip butty". 1 song at least. "and you're uncle doesn't half rip in to the referees" - riiiiiiight. 🙄

But she's a lovely woman so I'll say nowt bad. I don't expect lung bursting renditions of "who the fuckinell are you" like.

Back
Top Bottom