Stewards tonight on the kop

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You’re shooting the messengers if you’re having a go at the stewards and you’re making it harder for them to do their job.

For you, you might have been asked 4x. For them, they ought have checked 2,000 people. It’s normal there will be some duplication and impossible for them to remember all those they checked.

They are doing it to try to get the closed seats reopened.

If you’re kicking up a fuss to check your ticket or refusing to show it, then, even if you always sit in your seat, then you’re part of the problem.

Why? Because you are making it unpleasant for low paid people to do their job properly. It will make it harder for them to identify those who are sitting in the wrong area and send the to the right one.

Frustrating as it may have been, we’ve all got to support them and understand why this is happening. We need to be able to identify anyone sitting in the wrong seats and to do that some who sit in the right seats will get questioned.

Just play along pleas mate. The Council need no invitation to be arseholes towards Sheffield United. Remember right back to Brearley wanting to develop Bramall Lane and then refusing him. Let’s not give them an excuse.
Exactly.
I was initially annoyed at the gangway entrance steward, and said so. We always use the 'wrong' one as we are smack in the middle of a row, so use the first gangway, rather than the far gangway and then walk back.
But as you say, the bloke doing it is only doing his job. He was polite and I quickly apologised, acknowledging him doing his job.

This current set are polite and more professional than the trained apes they got last time.
This isn't the stewards or the clubs fault.
The issue lies with our own fans. Sit (or stand) at the seat you've bought. Easy.

"How dare someone tell me I have to abide by the terms and conditions of the ticket I bought. I've been going to the Lane for 125 years and it has never been a problem before. I didn't vote for Brexit to have to follow rules and regulations. I'm not letting some jobsworth tell me I'm wrong. They're young, educated and a few are actually women. What is the world coming to? I bet they're all woke as well."

If SAG and the council decide to remove the license for the kop, it will close. From that point it becomes the club’s problem what happens to the season ticket holders. Good luck to them with that.
So you can engage like an adult after all. Maybe it's an opportunity for the club to reset the seating arrangements to allow the younger, more vocal elements of our fan base to sit together and actually create an atmosphere. You and I both know this won't happen because of the dinosaurs that 'have sat in this seat for 25 years' brigade. The atmosphere at the lane is currently as bad as I can remember it, especially with around 30, 000 in it on a regular basis. If people are happy with that fair do's but it could and should be so much better. As I said in a previous post, show the evidence that its a problem or risk over and above any other ground in the country.

It's all down to common sense. If you go to a concert at the Arena you don't just sit where you want. Same a City Hall. Why should it be any different at Bramall Lane? Common sense should tell you that blocking all the staircases and aisles isn't sensible and potentially dangerous for others at times, but a small 'I'm alright Jack' element always want to have everything their own way, and everyone else risks being punished because of them.

Clubs losing around 30k a home game
Because of restrictions ,
It’s a ball ache to be asked, numerous times , but it’s a restriction on people attending , better atmosphere
Let’s do it right or we’ll end up like Dum pigs 🐷 with areas ( all safe otherwise ) being constantly closed

"How dare someone tell me I have to abide by the terms and conditions of the ticket I bought. I've been going to the Lane for 125 years and it has never been a problem before. I didn't vote for Brexit to have to follow rules and regulations. I'm not letting some jobsworth tell me I'm wrong. They're young, educated and a few are actually women. What is the world coming to? I bet they're all woke as well."
Aye, and I bet they’re vegan an all

So you can engage like an adult after all. Maybe it's an opportunity for the club to reset the seating arrangements to allow the younger, more vocal elements of our fan base to sit together and actually create an atmosphere. You and I both know this won't happen because of the dinosaurs that 'have sat in this seat for 25 years' brigade. The atmosphere at the lane is currently as bad as I can remember it, especially with around 30, 000 in it on a regular basis. If people are happy with that fair do's but it could and should be so much better. As I said in a previous post, show the evidence that its a problem or risk over and above any other ground in the country.
In lots of ways a seating reset would be a good idea.
Also, what's wrong with singing from your own seat? I do. Problem isn't just seats, it's down to individuals to change this. Sit where you should and sing and shout there.

The problem has the same root cause - Entitlement.
" I'll sit where I want. I expect the club to win every game. "
Some people need to grow up and do their bit.

Disappointing to see about 10 youths dive into the bog traps on the south side of the kop at 2.45 to do their sniff. I must be getting old I just see the need for it. Maybe the copper with the cocker spaniel should be going around just before kick off rather than 2.00pm when not many are in the ground.
You wouldn't think it was beyond the wit of the Police to have a plain clothed Copper, witnessing what you saw and getting some colleagues to apprehend them as they come back out, lock the fuckers up, share their details with the club and ban ‘em from the ground

What the fuck were the stewards on the kop thinking tonight? I was asked to show my season ticket FOUR times as I descended towards my seat. After the third time I asked why and didn't get an answer. So I said fuck off no and continued towards my seat. Same again after the fourth time.

0005BA7400000258-0-image-a-5_1436464446913.jpg

What the fuck were the stewards on the kop thinking tonight? I was asked to show my season ticket FOUR times as I descended towards my seat. After the third time I asked why and didn't get an answer. So I said fuck off no and continued towards my seat. Same again after the fourth time. A friend said later it was to satisfy Sheffield City Council who might threaten to close the kop. Seems this is all about fans not sitting in their allocated seats.

Isn't this all a fuss about nothing, health and safety gone mad? We, the fans, should tell SUFC and Sheffield City Council to just fuck off and focus on more important issues.

Sorry. I'll.need to see.your season ticket before I reply......

The rows need to be painted on the steps as they are all faded. Noticed on Tuesday on SS when someone was looking for their seats. If you walk up there is a proper number plate attached to front of step but when you walk down the paint is faded and difficult to read unless you're a regular on there, I presume rest of ground is the same

Yeah fuck SAG, and then they can fuck again....just after they've closed the kop!
Oh, and when they do, dont start fucking moaning about it, cos you couldn't be arsed to assist in keeping open!
And just for people's information, if they do shut the stand, I don't think the club have to give the ST holders another seat in the ground, in which case everyone will be happy, not having to show their ST to anyone, apart from to moan about it not actually being any use anymore.
Oh well, shows the mentality of some of our fan base.

Disappointing to see about 10 youths dive into the bog traps on the south side of the kop at 2.45 to do their sniff. I must be getting old I just see the need for it. Maybe the copper with the cocker spaniel should be going around just before kick off rather than 2.00pm when not many are in the ground.

The eldest (5, nearly 6) got to use her ST yesterday (rare 3pm Sat) and I took her to the toilet at half time…

It was queuing into the entrance, so I walked her round the queue to stand where there was some space rather than cluttering the entrance.

One of the young lads at the front of the queue eyeballed me, til I explained I wasn’t pushing in, just standing out of the way…

Him and his mate then proceeded to offer to let us push in front and go in the cubicle first, before they both then went in the next one available and sniff away…

Not sure what the moral to this story is 🤣

Clubs losing around 30k a home game
Because of restrictions ,
It’s a ball ache to be asked, numerous times , but it’s a restriction on people attending , better atmosphere
Let’s do it right or we’ll end up like Dum pigs 🐷 with areas ( all safe otherwise ) being constantly closed
Is it though? Crowds aren't really down so clearly fans are sitting elsewhere in more expensive stands?

The eldest (5, nearly 6) got to use her ST yesterday (rare 3pm Sat) and I took her to the toilet at half time…

It was queuing into the entrance, so I walked her round the queue to stand where there was some space rather than cluttering the entrance.

One of the young lads at the front of the queue eyeballed me, til I explained I wasn’t pushing in, just standing out of the way…

Him and his mate then proceeded to offer to let us push in front and go in the cubicle first, before they both then went in the next one available and sniff away…

The moral is 'If you're desperate for a pee, queueing behind a friendly smack head will get you there quicker than standing behind miserable old git who won't give an inch' (like me).

Did they have like a multi coloured scarf on?

It must have been a bind but if it's just a temporary workaround to stop the ******** taking further action this season and maybe even reversing the current restrictions it's got to be worth the hassle hasn't it? Obviously long term it needs to be sorted properly.

I really can’t understand why they only opened half the kop. It’s not as though it’s a proper sectionalised stand, everybody still had to enter through the same entrances?

As regard the kop, I don’t know what the solution is, other than better more stringent stewarding.
I don’t know if these knobs who don’t sit or stand in their designated seat are drunk or just bloody minded idiots, but they seriously need to be clamped down on.
As a precaution don’t think switching the back of kop to safe standing would change things either, as you’ve still got to stand in the same spot, and as we all know this logic doesn’t enter some peoples thinking.

Why should someone give up their seat because someone else wants it?

”Excuse me sir, you’ll have to sit somewhere else next season. Jordan, Kyle, Kai and Geoff want your seat, and your mates’ seats. Don‘t worry though, we’ve got you sorted. Either slap bang behind a pillar, or right at the front at the far side so either way you’ll see next to fuck all.”

”Brilliant, and will there be a discount?”

”No, and it’s gone up by £50 to make up for lost sales. Have a lovely day.”

You’re shooting the messengers if you’re having a go at the stewards and you’re making it harder for them to do their job.

For you, you might have been asked 4x. For them, they ought have checked 2,000 people. It’s normal there will be some duplication and impossible for them to remember all those they checked.

They are doing it to try to get the closed seats reopened.

If you’re kicking up a fuss to check your ticket or refusing to show it, then, even if you always sit in your seat, then you’re part of the problem.

Why? Because you are making it unpleasant for low paid people to do their job properly. It will make it harder for them to identify those who are sitting in the wrong area and send the to the right one.

Frustrating as it may have been, we’ve all got to support them and understand why this is happening. We need to be able to identify anyone sitting in the wrong seats and to do that some who sit in the right seats will get questioned.

Just play along pleas mate. The Council need no invitation to be arseholes towards Sheffield United. Remember right back to Brearley wanting to develop Bramall Lane and then refusing him. Let’s not give them an excuse.
Poor communication though.

If you announce to punters that this is going to happen then, apart from the odd Sovereign Citizen-type nutter, you'll get, on the whole, co-operation.

On the whole reasonable measures, reasonably communicated get a reasonable response.

On the other hand if someone who has been attending games for years suddenly gets treated differently, in fact with apparent suspicion and without explanation then, for me, it is understandable they feel aggrieved.

Communicate!

Back
Top Bottom