Spurs away 1st

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hopefully the club can go to Wembley again. I am sure this will be on sky first leg and second leg?

You only used to get a UEFA Cup/Europa League place as League Cup winners if you were a top division club. Is that still the case?

Bradford would have got one a couple of years ago

There's a pint for the first person who can find our 6-0 drubbing of them on the tinterweb. . . And puts it on here so I can copy it and send it my Spurs mates.

Posters on Blades Mad are bemoaning our bad luck for drawing Spurs away in the first leg, and home in the second.

I can see where people are coming from saying home first would be better because if we get thumped in the first leg the second is none event. I however don't agree, I just can't see us getting hammered this will be a close one and if we get them back at the lane 1-0, 2-1 we have a real chance as prem teams can't handle the atmosphere they just aren't used to it.

I hope the fact that it is over two legs doesn't make us approach the first leg too negatively.

For once I would encourage us to be negative in the first leg. Park the bus and 11 players on the line and hit them on the break.

Then it's a one-off shoot out at BDTBL :D:cool:

0-0 would be a great result.

Tin hats issued to all players:

I'd play 3 centre backs in a 3-1-5-1 formation: Basham, McGahey or Alcock, McEveley

Doyle as midfield sweeper

Then a 5: Flynn, McGinn, Reed, Cuvelier, Harris

Murphy up front. Flynn and Harris with an ultra defensive wing back roles. Leave no space between the lines. Play like Notts County did at Bramall Lane.

No worries about the TV audience, we'll entertain them at BDTBL.

As ever much depends on the Premier League referee on the day.

Spurs fan getting our name right.

Is it alright to start getting hopeful about this competition now? Despite knowing that, if we make it past united, it will most likely be a dark drunken day against the chavs in the final...

Spurs fan getting our name right.

Is it alright to start getting hopeful about this competition now? Despite knowing that, if we make it past united, it will most likely be a dark drunken day against the chavs in the final...
Well Spurs go back a long way , they remember who were first .

The nation believes...

B5Ihy5ECEAAoNeI.png

Is it possible to make the last train from St Pancras (22:25) after a midweek game at Spurs? Think I had to get the train to Donny last time we played there in midweek.

Is it possible to make the last train from St Pancras (22:25) after a midweek game at Spurs? Think I had to get the train to Donny last time we played there in midweek.

Doubt it. The Spurs ground is nowhere near a tube station. The nearest one is Wood Green which is a good 15-20 minute walk.

A possibility (if you like running) is to get the 9.47 from White Hart Lane BR, change to the tube at Seven Sisters, arrive at King's Cross at 10.21 and sprint.

Doubt it. The Spurs ground is nowhere near a tube station. The nearest one is Wood Green which is a good 15-20 minute walk.

Was surprised you said Wood Green (2 miles according to google map) is the nearest as I had always thought it was Tottenham Hale (1.6 miles).

Was surprised you said Wood Green (2 miles according to google map) is the nearest as I had always thought it was Tottenham Hale (1.6 miles).

Possibly because I used to live quite near Wood Green :)

Either way, it's probably not doable.

Possibly because I used to live quite near Wood Green :)

Either way, it's probably not doable.[/QUOTE

A friend suggested overground from White Hart Lane (10 mins walk from ground) to Seven Sisters but that is only a few minutes better than walking to Tottenham Hale etc

Actually, if you go to Tottenham Hale, it may well be doable

Say, get out of ground at 9.45
10 mins jog to TH = 9.55
12 mins on the tube to KCSP = 10.07

Plenty of time :)

Actually, if you go to Tottenham Hale, it may well be doable

Say, get out of ground at 9.45
10 mins jog to TH = 9.55
12 mins on the tube to KCSP = 10.07

Plenty of time :)

I think you'd be doing well to make Tottenham Hale from Three Point Lane in ten minutes after a match.

But most Spurs will have already fucked off home after our 3rd went in and most Blades will still be inside celebrating.

Indeed, but in those circumstances how could you tear yourself away from the threesome with Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron that you'd be in the middle of?

But most Spurs will have already fucked off home after our 3rd went in and most Blades will still be inside celebrating.
The Spurs fans will be at the packed Tottenham Hale tube station making it hard for CooperBlade to go through!

Back
Top Bottom