So we've made the play-offs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's have a think then on all the other playoffs we've been in, must admit I'm struggling with remembering them all now!

87-88
Bristol City (a) L 0-1 ?
Bristol City (h) D 1-1

96-97
Ipswich (h) D 1-1
Ipswich (a) D 2-2 aet (through on away goals - one of the greatest away nights I was ever at :) )
Palace (old Wembley) L 0-1

97-98
Sunderland (h) D 1-1
Sunderland (a) L 1-2

02-03
Forest (a) D 1-1
Forest (h) W 4-3 (aet)
Wolves (Millennium) L 0-3

08-09
Preston (a) D 1-1
Preston (h) W 1-0
Burnley (new Wembley) L 0-1

11-12
Stevenage (a) D 0-0
Stevenage (h) W 1-0
Huddersfield (new Wembley) L 0-0 aet (lost 37-36 on pennos)

12-13
Yeovil (h) W 1-0
Yeovil (a) L 0-2

So our record in instances where we were at home first is

Won 2 Drawn 1

Ironically, we didn't make the finals after either of the wins, but did (albeit on an away goals rule that no longer applies) on the occasion we drew.

Personally I think we need a clear 2 goal lead going into the away leg.

Don't worry lad's...Higgo's back for the play off's and I'm holding out for a hero...
Summat daft will happen...

...oh, and well done Nigel and the team...now the hard work start's...

One factor in our cup games that I believe will go into the playoffs is you guys, the crowd lifts the team in these type of games, let's make it a full house.

Relieved we have finally managed to stumble over the line. Now we need to be positive as fans in trying to lift the team for the play offs as the manager and players have hardly managed to lift themselves over the last few weeks. I think the club could help the fans a bit here with the ticket prices for the first leg. The club effectively earns extra revenue as a result of failure to achieve its main objective (automatic promotion) in that the supporters now have to fork out for an extra game plus then possibly all the expense of Wembley should we get through. It would be good if the club cut ticket prices and try to get the ground full and rocking a week on Thursday. Rather have 30,000 paying a tenner than 17,000 paying £25.

remind me were previous play offs in the past

so weve lost some before ,,,,,,, doesnt follow its set in stone

I know , we are so inconsistent with no real cutting edge , we will win them this year . No doubt about it . Previous years , the past means absolutely nothing.

UTB

Don't worry lad's...Higgo's back for the play off's and I'm holding out for a hero...
Summat daft will happen...

Hope he is back for the play offs . The guy could be our match winner . He has a lot to prove to the club , fans and as important to himself . The play offs is a stage to do this , and make a name with his contribution.

UTB

Hope he is back for the play offs . The guy could be our match winner . He has a lot to prove to the club , fans and as important to himself . The play offs is a stage to do this , and make a name with his contribution.

UTB

Yep, as I said, summat daft's going to happen like Higgo scoring the winner at Wembley ( for us ;D )

all previous play offs and any run in form mean fuck all

its about who turns up for 3 games in May
always has been
WDW or DWW will see us up , OR BIG WIN SMALL LOSS WIN
its a 3 game season

Anything else is failure

So to clarify this comment. If we don't go up this season has been a failure for you?

what is it with blades fans 2 minutes after confirming 5th theres threads about how little chance we have

we are fucking unbelievable

we needed a point , got one, teams many on here said would overtake us ,,,, havent

Good job we have already confirmed 5th and can't drop to 6th on the final day then, isn't it?

:)

Hmm. Wasn't it 2-1, then 0-2? First leg: Ball for Sunderland to open it, Marcelo equaliser from a corner, Borbokis free-kick to win it? My mind might be playing tricks on me.
Thanks, knew i'd not remember it all right.

I remember Borbokis scoring a nice free kick in the home leg, thought it was the equaliser, but yeah recalling the away leg I can't remember us scoring now, but Perez (I think), making a brilliant save from Dean Saunders near the end.

Don't know how you are all worried I've been going for 52 years and go on hols a few days after ! the wife has just said she ain't going !! FFS not putting up with me on hols with depression again :oops:

Relieved we have finally managed to stumble over the line

That about sums it up for me. Now the real test begins. Fingers and toes crossed here.

So the Chezzie game ? Do we rest the key players so they are fresh, give some of the fringe players a run and not give a Chessie a dry run to test our mettle should it come to a final between us and them? Or do push for a draw/win to secure 5th and avoid 2 games v Preston/MKD ( I hope BTL isn't an accountant :D) and establish some badly needed momentum going into the play-offs?

I think that reduced prices next Saturday could provide a decent gate and some atmosphere to send the red and white wizards into the playoffs and avoid what could be a poorly attended mausoleum of a final game even if it is a derby. In the play-offs I hope the club see the bigger picture and offer reduced prices to ensure a capacity crowd - it could make the difference.

So play-offs again. One day the curse has to end. Why not now? Time we had some luck.

UTB

Ticket price reduction certainly worked yesterday at Orient...there was a good crowd in for a team not known for its numbers....and our £11.50 tickets meant we had a nice little post match refreshments kitty all sorted.
Come on O's, win your last game and stay up!

I remember Borbokis scoring a nice free kick in the home leg, thought it was the equaliser, but yeah recalling the away leg I can't remember us scoring now, but Perez (I think), making a brilliant save from Dean Saunders near the end.

Sunderland had a fantastic side at that time, Quinn and Phillips up front and I thought they would steam roller us but we played brilliantly in the second half but just couldn't score past Perez. He made a quality save from Stuart and one from Saunders as you say. Used to wear a short sleeve 'keeper top and use his legs all the time and was generally shit. Just our luck we got him on one of them nights.

They say the subsequent play off final was one of the best games ever at the old Wembley. I didn't watch it as I still had the face on.

So the Chezzie game ? Do we rest the key players so they are fresh, give some of the fringe players a run and not give a Chessie a dry run to test our mettle should it come to a final between us and them? Or do push for a draw/win to secure 5th and avoid 2 games v Preston/MKD ( I hope BTL isn't an accountant :D) and establish some badly needed momentum going into the play-offs?

Well if we had been arsed and motivated for the trip to mighty Yeovil, we would have been more than 3 points clear of Chesterfield, and had the luxury to give some of our team a well earned rest. Now that plan is well and truly out of the window, we probably have no choice but to play the "A team" again. We'll have to be on our toes as they will be gunning for us to get that 5th spot in order to face Swindon (arguably the team that has fallen away most of late).

They'll certainly not be quaking in their boots to come to "Fortress Bramall Lane" :confused:

You've hit on something here. Get pissed and just invent the result. Probably the best way of going about it.

When will all the Whingers and Whiners Shut Up and get behind the team Cannot believe some of the negativity on here !
I for one will enjoy my day out at Wembley Now is the time for us to be UNITED !
UTB

But were not there yet are we?
Lets not get like the pigs.

We will need a lot (as in a shit load) of luck, and if there is any club over due for some luck it is us.

MK look to be flying, I don't think I can remember any team going in the play offs in such good form
I thought we were nailed on in 2003, despite knowing how good we are a messing up. If they don't make the autos they're bound to feel disappointed and will need lifting. I bet their supporters will be as nervous as us.

Back
Top Bottom