So we've made the play-offs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
And now the worries begin. Can't argue with finishing fifth, but I reckon we're miles away from making a good go of it in the PO's. Some say 'It's a different game', 'mini Cup Finals' etc. etc. I think that's just delusional.

We've been loitering with (little) intent in 5th since mid-Feb. No sign of pushing on. I'd have been more confident if we'd been mid-table for most of the season and ended the season with a storming run. At the moment, teams like Bristol, Preston & MKD are taking no prisoners. Fuck, even Rochdale wouldn't give up today. We're limping along.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Now where's mi tin hat? :D

And now the worries begin. Can't argue with finishing fifth, but I reckon we're miles away from making a good go of it in the PO's. Some say 'It's a different game', 'mini Cup Finals' etc. etc. I think that's just delusional.

We've been loitering with (little) intent in 5th since mid-Feb. No sign of pushing on. I'd have been more confident if we'd been mid-table for most of the season and ended the season with a storming run. At the moment, teams like Bristol, Preston & MKD are taking no prisoners. Fuck, even Rochdale wouldn't give up today. We're limping along.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Assuming the positions stay the same, on paper MK Dons should walk it on current form. But who knows, Swindon are poor at present and so are we. Chessie and MK Dons playing each other is a boost for both us and Swindon.

You have to be in the mix and we are, MK Dons will be devastated if they don't go up, but anything could happen in the lottery of the playoffs.

If we were in MK Dons position im sure we would still expect ourselves to lose it!

Maybe, but if we'd scored 96 (compared to our actual 65) and had a GD of +54 instead of +13, then there would be grounds for optimism.

Yep but this is Blades mate, when are we ever optimistic?

Watching us over the last three weeks home and away we have looked piss poor, Unleash the players cloughie instead of holding them back ffs or were going nowhere

Don't get the being worried.

We just have to play our best. We've repeatedly shown we can do that in big games.

Even going behind might be a blessing in disguise, forcing us on to the front foot.

Fatalism can be entertaining and consoling but if the crowd let it get to them then it could well get to the players too.

Nothing's written in the stars.

Do ourselves justice over 2 + 1 games - and cash in some of the luck we're owed.

UTB.

We are in the playoffs, looking at our results lately I sometimes wonder how, yes we have been playing some poor football but we are still in the playoffs, maybe it's an omen, this could be our year, yes we have got to improve, but going into these games we will have the knowledge that we can handle the pressure and hopefully that will see us through. IMO

We will need a lot (as in a shit load) of luck, and if there is any club over due for some luck it is us.

MK look to be flying, I don't think I can remember any team going in the play offs in such good form

In a one-off game against MK Dons or Preston, despite our woeful playoff record, I'd still go into a final with hope. Anything can happen to affect the game, dodgy decisions, red cards, key players freezing etc.

Getting there though I'm less confident about. I would fancy us against Swindon in two legs, but MK Dons or Preston I can see us really struggle against. That being said, think of the confidence-boost any sort of win over them in the semi-finals would provide...

what is it with blades fans 2 minutes after confirming 5th theres threads about how little chance we have

we are fucking unbelievable

we needed a point , got one , teams many on here said would overtake us ,,,, havent

we are one of 4 clubs that can go up , , no one club has any advantage at all
who plays home second is no advantage art all if its 3-0 in first leg

some have been saying Im barmy for thinking we could make the play offs and all my predictions are duuff

turns out their miserable we will fail completely forecasts were as shit as shit could be

can we please please show a miniscule ammount of belief , or just give up and be miserable bastards all our lives

We are in the playoffs, looking at our results lately I sometimes wonder how, yes we have been playing some poor football but we are still in the playoffs, maybe it's an omen, this could be our year, yes we have got to improve, but going into these games we will have the knowledge that we can handle the pressure and hopefully that will see us through. IMO

Bladebri , we turn up . will the players.

Expectations , pressure , habit of poor performances over - the play off are here .

UTB

Let's have a think then on all the other playoffs we've been in, must admit I'm struggling with remembering them all now!

87-88
Bristol City (a) L 0-1 ?
Bristol City (h) D 1-1

96-97
Ipswich (h) D 1-1
Ipswich (a) D 2-2 aet (through on away goals - one of the greatest away nights I was ever at :) )
Palace (old Wembley) L 0-1

97-98
Sunderland (h) D 1-1
Sunderland (a) L 1-2

02-03
Forest (a) D 1-1
Forest (h) W 4-3 (aet)
Wolves (Millennium) L 0-3

08-09
Preston (a) D 1-1
Preston (h) W 1-0
Burnley (new Wembley) L 0-1

11-12
Stevenage (a) D 0-0
Stevenage (h) W 1-0
Huddersfield (new Wembley) L 0-0 aet (lost 37-36 on pennos)

12-13
Yeovil (h) W 1-0
Yeovil (a) L 0-2

I fully expect us to finish 6th and fook it up over 2 legs in the semi, on the off chance we get there, it'll be a great day out spoilt by football as it has been in each of our other playoffs:(

all previous play offs and any run in form mean fuck all

its about who turns up for 3 games in May
always has been
WDW or DWW will see us up , OR BIG WIN SMALL LOSS WIN
its a 3 game season

Anything else is failure

Back
Top Bottom