Sneaking out the back door

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When does Wilder walk out the back door?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wilder is clearly getting way more out of this set of players than Heckinbgottom did.

The eye test will tell you that, the stats will tell you that.

The issue is that we came into the season with a squad that was nowhere near good enough.

That is the fault of the fool at the top. Nobody else.
I don’t get this mentality, this is the team that Hecky and Wilder have assembled. Wilder especially has spent a fucking fortune over the years. The chairman doesn’t chose the signings.

This is the fault of 2 managers who are incompetent in the transfer market. 99% of clubs work to a budget so this idea that with unlimited resources these average managers would have us in a good position is a myth. We’ve spent a lot and we are still a million miles away from having a premier league squad.

I don’t get this mentality, this is the team that Hecky and Wilder have assembled. Wilder especially has spent a fucking fortune over the years. The chairman doesn’t chose the signings.

This is the fault of 2 managers who are incompetent in the transfer market. 99% of clubs work to a budget so this idea that with unlimited resources these average managers would have us in a good position is a myth. We’ve spent a lot and we are still a million miles away from having a premier league squad.
Absolute bollocks.

We have the smallest wage bill of any team in the division. This season our net spend was less than every other club. We have spent a fraction of pretty much any other team in the league - including Luton. I'll bet they're paying Barkley and Townsend more than we would be willing to pay.

The crook at the top is expecting successive managers to produce miracles in the transfer market. We have a Championship squad on a Championship budget. It is squarely the crook's fault.

How long do people think it will be before Wilder quits?
You probably wouldn't even be on here if it wasn't for Wilder. Give me the name of a United manager who has achieved more in the last 40 years? By that I mean from League 1 to 9th in the top division

I think to say Wilder to walk is irrelevan. Who would want to manage this team?
We know this team Isn’t good enough no matter the system we play. People moaned because didn’t have a go and was to defensive. but It was all about damage limitation. Wilder has tried to set us up to attack, with these consequences of goals conceded. Your dammed if you do and your dammed if you don’t.
As fans we all knew we would not survive this season because the team was not good enough. We don’t have the money to survive in the premier league. Most fans were saying there were only a couple of players they felt were Premiership level and two of them were sold.
As fans we have been let down by the club ownership. But we aren’t stupid and Whilst a lot of frustration is felt at this time we have to be realistic. Maybe we should just enjoy the Fact we made it to the Premier league, ala Luton fans, who possibly going to do us has two seasons wonder in the this league.
look forward to the challenge of the championship, which is probably our level. New players and some wins and leave those clubs in the Premier league to get into financial difficulties and wait for the revolution

Dave Bassett and kept us there for longer with a lot lot less.
Granted. We also won the FA Cup in 1925 and were champions of England in 1898(?).Loved the Bassett era but we were actually respected in the 19/20 season. That team was pure Wilder, from League one to Premier League.

I think he might try and cling on as much as possible. This is quite possibly the last time he manages a league team.
You've got to remember he was getting knocked back by clubs like Reading before he made friends with the owner again so he's not really in a position to be walking out, depending on payout of course.

He needs to listen to my suggestion of scoring 6 every game and we’ll be fine. Easy this football manager lark.

Wilder hasn’t been manager here for soemthing like 3 years. Theres been ample time to turn over any of the players that are no good.

Absolute bollocks.

We have the smallest wage bill of any team in the division. This season our net spend was less than every other club. We have spent a fraction of pretty much any other team in the league - including Luton. I'll bet they're paying Barkley and Townsend more than we would be willing to pay.

The crook at the top is expecting successive managers to produce miracles in the transfer market. We have a Championship squad on a Championship budget. It is squarely the crook's fault.
Basically none of that is true.

We have a higher wage bill than Luton. Our net spend over the last 5 season (half way through this window) is 10x greater than Luton and 12th biggest in the league.

It would be great if we had more money but we have a recruitment team, and 2 managers who are fucking useless in the market. We could spend as much a chelsea and we would still be crap with these donkeys in charge.

Edit. Sorry just realised you said net spend this season. Which they have spent more in. Maybe we would’ve had more money if we weren’t as wasteful before.

Last edited:
Wilder hasn’t been manager here for soemthing like 3 years. Theres been ample time to turn over any of the players that are no good.
Still doesn’t change the fact he signed them, and at a huge net cost to the club. His signings this window have been just as questionable.

Granted. We also won the FA Cup in 1925 and were champions of England in 1898(?).Loved the Bassett era but we were actually respected in the 19/20 season. That team was pure Wilder, from League one to Premier League.
I hear what you are saying mate, but you prove your point about living in the past...... by quoting something in the past. Let's hope we can sort something, the club and fans deserve better. UTB.

Back
Top Bottom