Sit back and await the results from NASA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will not win promotion if we're relying on freeman as the wide man in a 4-5-1 where the wide men are needed to turn it into a 4-3-3 when attacking. Hope it's my Alan Hansen moment (you win nothing with kids).

Our goal and most sustained period of pressure came with mcnulty & done up top. The penalty came from those two linking up. Their centre halfs had very little to do or think about up until mcnulty coming on. I stand by my opinion that the substitution cost us.

In a sense I agree, but I didn't see us turn it into 4-3-3 when we advanced down the right in the second half. Freeman/Flynn/Brayford went as a unit with Doyle dropping to add cover down that wing and to protect McEveley, which was as good as we could expect. I was impressed with the way those three made the moves and passed through Crawley's wide midfield and defence to get close on into the box. It also drew two yellow cards which I did expect Murphy on the other flank (when we were at 0-0) to exploit being as his marker had been booked already.

As I say we created some great opportunities but failed to get the ball to Done and Murphy closing in the box and to Coutts, who really should have at least been mopping up on the edge of the area. McNulty did get involved to an extent but he and Done aren't exactly aerial ball winners which is what you need if you are playing the wing game. See Quinn/Phillips and Dzeko/Aguero for a stand out partnership of big fella/small goalgetter. I think that is the one thing we do lack in wheelbarrows full.

pommpey

YOU CANT WIN EM ALL

How did Burnley get a draw at Chelsea , should have been 5 down at half time , it happens

WWWDWD IS NOT TOO SHABBY another 11 Ws and 3 Ds and itll be fine, its pure logic

live-long-and-prosper-tee-shirt-cbs114b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom