Outgoing? Ryan Flynn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reedy_22

Reaction score
Coventry are apparently interested. We can only hope...

Squad player on modest wages, fine.

First team player on typical 'Sheffield United' wages, no way.

Don't really care what happens with him. The only thing I really wouldn't want is a new contract on decent wages. He's proven that he can't be relied on over a season.

Let's keep him and help us with another season in league 1 , with no promotion. Inconsistent , no bottle, been at the lane too long , promised much , delivered little.

We need new blood . Get rid and quick.

Indeed - it's a thanks, but no thanks and good luck in the future - he'll make a living in football.

We've seen plenty better in lots of opposition midfield teams this season.

UTB

The problem with Flynn is that he signed a very good contract amid interest from Brighton ( the summer after the FA Cup semi final) United have the option to extend it but it would be on the same terms. Weighing everything up I don't think I would. I'd be surprised if Coventry could afford him on current terms.

The problem with Flynn is that he signed a very good contract amid interest from Brighton ( the summer after the FA Cup semi final) United have the option to extend it but it would be on the same terms. Weighing everything up I don't think I would. I'd be surprised if Coventry could afford him on current terms.

Exactly!

"...
Representatives acting on behalf of Tony Mowbray’s side watched the former Scotland youth international earlier this year before apparently cooling their interest due to City’s strict wage structure.

United’s salary costs are thought to be the second highest in the division with only League One leaders Wigan Athletic paying more...."

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...-for-swift-resolution-1-7891009#ixzz47iI3OKJc

Exactly!

"...
Representatives acting on behalf of Tony Mowbray’s side watched the former Scotland youth international earlier this year before apparently cooling their interest due to City’s strict wage structure.

United’s salary costs are thought to be the second highest in the division with only League One leaders Wigan Athletic paying more...."

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...-for-swift-resolution-1-7891009#ixzz47iI3OKJc

Hopefully the parties over for him and a few others.

It has to be, like we have said on other threads, there is no way that most of the teams above us (Wigan excepted) are spending anything like we are on wages.

We pay high wages and low fees (Brayford excepted). The best young league one players require fees and middling wages. There the ones with the high resale value
(if you choose wisely) who can grow with the club. KM said he agreed with this point of view when it was put to him.

He will be on very good wages at BL mainly due to the fact he was in good form and was on the radar of several clubs when he was extended last time.

Bye bye to another waster..

Had his chance, not done it consistently enough to for me. Time for him to move on.

Ryan Flynn on a high wage....despair.

He's always been an ever so slightly useful squad filler. Worth a low end League 1 wage.

Continual focus goes on what in reality is the odd player sale that debatably can't be avoided, whilst continually paying way over the odds for mediocrity, which easily can. This is where we go wrong, again and again

UTB

If we put him on more than 5 grand a week it's a shame he's not had the decency to once look like earning it. Which he would've done had he maintained his form from the first half of 2014.

What a perfect example he is of players striking gold at this club. I'm absolutely sick of it and no doubt McCabe is too.

Exactly!

"...

boo radley

Is the below sentence from the article complete bollox??

United’s salary costs are thought to be the second highest in the division with only League One leaders Wigan Athletic paying more.

Not Flynn! Not Flynn!!!

Oh god that is us ruined!

boo radley

Is the below sentence from the article complete bollox??

United’s salary costs are thought to be the second highest in the division with only League One leaders Wigan Athletic paying more.
Sorry, just clarify what you are saying about complete bollocks ?

It is again mystifying, as it was when McNulty, Harris, Scougall and even Freeman were shifted out on loan, that some people are seriously stating they feel that Flynn should be retained beyond the end of the season. Yet they are the first to moan that Utd aren't challenging at the top of the league. He is a lightweight, inconsistent, injury prone player who has proven over multiple seasons that he is simply not good enough for a side with aspirations of getting out of this league (at the right end!).

Out of those who will be out of contract the only one I would even consider awarding a contract to would be Long and even then only as back-up to a better GK.

A number of clubs interested.

But he's not good enough for us eh ??

UTB

I suppose it would depend who these other clubs are really. League 2 / Scotland for example, he could probably do a job there. Not his fault that he isn't at the level of player we really need to progress (IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom