Rosenior available for nowt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would you want in charge?

• Wilder

Votes: 121 43.5%
  • Rosenior

Votes: 115 41.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 52 18.7%

• Total voters
At the risk of being argumentative, and it's something i argued before he was sacked and people were pushing his name - why would he come here?

Even now. We're a career graveyard. Even if he performed a miracle and got us promoted, it wouldn't be anything special as Hecky and Wilder have done it recently, and we all know there's no way we'll ever compete. The fans are expectant, bordering on entitled. We have an owner who lets things drift. Most importantly, we have an internal infrastructure that was archaic in 1985, let alone 2024!!

There comes a point when we have to accept, Wilder is probably as good as we can expect! Grim times...

At the risk of being argumentative, and it's something i argued before he was sacked and people were pushing his name - why would he come here?

Even now. We're a career graveyard. Even if he performed a miracle and got us promoted, it wouldn't be anything special as Hecky and Wilder have done it recently, and we all know there's no way we'll ever compete. The fans are expectant, bordering on entitled. We have an owner who lets things drift. Most importantly, we have an internal infrastructure that was archaic in 1985, let alone 2024!!

There comes a point when we have to accept, Wilder is probably as good as we can expect! Grim times...
Were talkin about Liam Rosenior, not Jurgen fuckin Klopp here 🤣

Sometimes we believe all the negative hype, yes we have problems, but were a bigger pull than most EFL teams

3/5 last years in EPL
EPL standard stadium, owned by the club
circa 30,000 every week
Land for new training facility, allowing better academy
Proven record of homegrown talent - we could have 3 academy products representing England next month (Kyle, Harry & DCL)
Arblaster, Brooks, Jebbo, Osula, One, Peck, Curtis to develop
Opportunity to shape own squad

I reckon bar Leeds, Southampton and possibly WBA, manager of any other club in the league would jump at the chance

You need to be Roger (positive)...... Moore

Rosenoir got sacked at Hull because their owner wants attacking football he would rather lose 3-2 than draw 0-0 as they will probably win the next game 4-1. I personally think that is a flawed approach but Im not the mega rich owner of Hull

I can’t believe people are saying he hasn’t done a good job.

It’s a very young side in what had a championship comprised of 4 teams who ran away with the thing, leaving only 2 spots in the play offs.

I think finishing 7th is very respectable and it’s a joke he’s been sacked.

What's really going to drag us out of this mess is Wilder picking a 'point of view' and reiterating the same point, just worded slightly differently in 2-3 ways. From a physical point of view, fitness point of view, conditioning point of view. Really pads those interviews out, from a duration point of view, word count point of view, length of time point of view.
I errr errr errr, find his errr interviews errr errr tedious.🙄

Sometimes we believe all the negative hype, yes we have problems, but were a bigger pull than most EFL teams

3/5 last years in EPL
circa 30,000 every week
Proven record of homegrown talent - we could have 3 academy products representing England next month (Kyle, Harry & DCL)

I reckon bar Leeds, Southampton and possibly WBA, manager of any other club in the league would jump at the chance

Agree. Who could honestly have expected better than we’ve had for the last 7 years?

I know this season has been painful but two promotions to the Prem and two relegations is better than the four upper mid / playoff campaigns that everyone would have been ecstatic with in 2017. Plus we had that one incredible Prem season.

The prince obviously isn’t up to creating a stable premiership club. But he’s proven to be a capable championship owner. Our academy (irrespective of physical infrastructure) is one of the best in Europe, let alone the champ. We have a decent ground and good support.

Agree. Who could honestly have expected better than we’ve had for the last 7 years?

I know this season has been painful but two promotions to the Prem and two relegations is better than the four upper mid / playoff campaigns that everyone would have been ecstatic with in 2017. Plus we had that one incredible Prem season.

The prince obviously isn’t up to creating a stable premiership club. But he’s proven to be a capable championship owner. Our academy (irrespective of physical infrastructure) is one of the best in Europe, let alone the champ. We have a decent ground and good support.
£4£ they do a fantastic job but our academy is not one of the best in Europe.

£4£ they do a fantastic job but our academy is not one of the best in Europe.
We’ll get into semantics and detailed definitions here pretty quickly but going on the number of international players we’ve produced in the last decade (walker, ramsdale, harry, jags, brooks, Ndiaye), I can’t believe there are many clubs in the Prem that outperform us. So would think that puts us in top 20-30 in Europe.

In any case, as you say, we outperform our budget by a ridiculous amount. I think it’s something we should be more proud of than we are.

We’ll get into semantics and detailed definitions here pretty quickly but going on the number of international players we’ve produced in the last decade (walker, ramsdale, harry, jags, brooks, Ndiaye), I can’t believe there are many clubs in the Prem that outperform us. So would think that puts us in top 20-30 in Europe.

In any case, as you say, we outperform our budget by a ridiculous amount. I think it’s something we should be more proud of than we are.
Brooks came from City which is part of the issue. Ndiaye had already played senior football when United signed him. United are a second tier academy who do an excellent job. But United aren't producing 5 or 6 players a year who have L1 and above careers like the best (and most expensive) academies are.

This is a couple of years old but has United as one of the best Cat 2 academies in the country. I think that's fair. But of course we aren't anywhere near the ones who regularly produce players for the top 2 divisions

Failed at big spending Dull. Next

The other that gets talked up on here spent 300 million and failed with a wage bill four or five x ours playing turgid, tactically inept football after fluking the play offs. Strange suggestion

A realistic suggestion would be somebody that had done a similar job to Wilder in his first spell in charge. Good luck with that one.
CW has begged the owner to be allowed to keep Arblaster , Bogle & Hamer. As opposed to selling them. I can't see anyone except CW , who thinks it's an honour to manage us , touching the job with a barge pole. It's known by everyone in football circles no-one wants to be our Manager under Abdullah. You only have to talk to all our ex pros & the visiting team's ex pros & their board. It's common knowledge.

My wife can never get song lyrics right - I hope we don't end up with
"Chris Wilder came home ,
6 years in Division One ..."

I prefer the 2017 version 😀

Brooks came from City which is part of the issue. Ndiaye had already played senior football when United signed him. United are a second tier academy who do an excellent job. But United aren't producing 5 or 6 players a year who have L1 and above careers like the best (and most expensive) academies are.
Yep, fair enough. We’re obviously not churning out the numbers of the big cat 1 academies but in terms of quality we seem to be competing with many of them. I’ll stand to be corrected, as I have zero stats to back this up but I do recall an article a few years ago that put us in top ten clubs for (then) current premier league minutes by players coming out of our acedemy. I think Matt Lowton accounted for a lot of them though 😂.

Re players being developed elsewhere before coming into our acedemy. I don’t think that’s an issue. The job of the acedemy is to spot, recruit and develop young players for the first team. If they spot someone who only plays a couple of U21 games and immediately breaks through, then great. Obviously it’s special for fans when the lad is local but that’s going to rare for any club.

This is a couple of years old but has United as one of the best Cat 2 academies in the country. I think that's fair. But of course we aren't anywhere near the ones who regularly produce players for the top 2 divisions

Walker, naughton maguire , jagielka , the young lad at spurs,
Dominic calvin Lewin
Ramsdale
We sent arblastwr to port Vale at start of season and there fans say him leaving sent them down and he's now captain of the blades in the premiership.
The problem at sheffutd is we do not keep our better players and build a team around them . A club with 30k support.

All jokes apart, it was only a little joke having seen one or two areas around Hull over the years, I’m sure there’s some lovely parts. 😁
Drive up from hull towards Withernsea and on the way there’s some decent houses

3/5 last years in EPL
circa 30,000 every week

Thanks for this

I was starting to become a little down

I appreciate I am pro Wilder but anyone wanting Rosenior for our next manager must be seeing something I don't. Derby were really big spenders if you remember from the time under Lampard where Chris Wilder's Sheffield United on a fracion of the cost that Derby spent finished 2nd and Derby lost in the play offs having gambled.

Philip Cocu came in after and they finished 10th, still with a very good Championship side with the likes of Jayden Bogle, Martyn Waghorn and Tom Lawrence. Rooney and Rosenior still had a decent team which he inherited from Cocu but granted they were beset with problems by then, points deduction etc. When Rosenior took over as an interim manager he was replaced by Paul Warne fairly early int the season, I can't recall exactly here they were but think it was about 8th at the time of his tenure ending. So I would say his time at Derby with Rooney and in sole charge was mixed and difficult to assess how well he did because he wasn't there for long in sole charge. Under Rooney I'd say they were at best ok given the squad they had, granted they had financial problems.

Rosenior then got the Hull job and they finished 7th which on the face of it looks decent, especially given Hull had previously been fighting relegation/lower mid table when Rosenior had taken charge the previous season. However they've signed spent some decent money this season both on transfer fees/wages and loans, the former notabl on Jayden Philogene and the latter on the likes of Delap, Ohio, Tyler Morton, Fabio Carvalho and Anass Zaroury who excelled for Burnley the season before.

So, again I'd say Rosenior has done ok, not bad, but with some considerable backing there with aforementioned players. Is this really a man who we think should replace multiple promotion winner Chris Wilder!?

IF we're looking for a new mnager, which we aren't, I would not be looking at Rosenior! He is another one of these coaches/managers who has a good reputaion in the game as an up and coming career but has been able to walk into some decent jobs with no lower league grounding like Wilder did for example.

I appreciate I am pro Wilder but anyone wanting Rosenior for our next manager must be seeing something I don't. Derby were really big spenders if you remember from the time under Lampard where Chris Wilder's Sheffield United on a fracion of the cost that Derby spent finished 2nd and Derby lost in the play offs having gambled.

Philip Cocu came in after and they finished 10th, still with a very good Championship side with the likes of Jayden Bogle, Martyn Waghorn and Tom Lawrence. Rooney and Rosenior still had a decent team which he inherited from Cocu but granted they were beset with problems by then, points deduction etc. When Rosenior took over as an interim manager he was replaced by Paul Warne fairly early int the season, I can't recall exactly here they were but think it was about 8th at the time of his tenure ending. So I would say his time at Derby with Rooney and in sole charge was mixed and difficult to assess how well he did because he wasn't there for long in sole charge. Under Rooney I'd say they were at best ok given the squad they had, granted they had financial problems.

Rosenior then got the Hull job and they finished 7th which on the face of it looks decent, especially given Hull had previously been fighting relegation/lower mid table when Rosenior had taken charge the previous season. However they've signed spent some decent money this season both on transfer fees/wages and loans, the former notabl on Jayden Philogene and the latter on the likes of Delap, Ohio, Tyler Morton, Fabio Carvalho and Anass Zaroury who excelled for Burnley the season before.

So, again I'd say Rosenior has done ok, not bad, but with some considerable backing there with aforementioned players. Is this really a man who we think should replace multiple promotion winner Chris Wilder!?

IF we're looking for a new mnager, which we aren't, I would not be looking at Rosenior! He is another one of these coaches/managers who has a good reputaion in the game as an up and coming career but has been able to walk into some decent jobs with no lower league grounding like Wilder did for example.
Fair play for hands up pro Wilder

Can’t disagree with your assessment of Rosenior, tad harsh maybe

I wanted the promotion CW back, but I worry that ship has sailed - boro, Watford and now us half a season - not on about results but he seems a shell of the man we had.

Just feels like 2 people going back into a relationship following a acrimonious split, together but not the same, all a bit of a show

Amazing there are 118 votes for a guy who has come here (after failing in his two previous jobs) and played more than his part in what has become a complete and utter humiliation of a season.

And yes I know the problems at the club go above him and he’s received minimal backing but a half decent manager would’ve at least come in a bought a bit of organisation to that defence, we might not be doing much better but we at least wouldn’t be getting battered every single week.

Give me Rosenier over Wilder every day of the week.

Fair play for hands up pro Wilder

Can’t disagree with your assessment of Rosenior, tad harsh maybe

I wanted the promotion CW back, but I worry that ship has sailed - boro, Watford and now us half a season - not on about results but he seems a shell of the man we had.

Just feels like 2 people going back into a relationship following a acrimonious split, together but not the same, all a bit of a show
I didn't actually want Wilder back when the rumours first stated coming about from about the 3rd game of the season because I felt Hecky deserved his chance to be manager but after the defeats and performances to Burnley away, Bournemouth at home and countless other heavy defeats I felt we needed a change an Wilder is as good a choice as any in my opinion, given his record of succeeding in difficult circumstances. It's still far too early to judge Wilder from this season, in my view. He's hardly had much money to spend since he arrived, who knows if he signed Girbic but Bereton Diaz has been a huge success and he's brought in Brooks and Arblaster which is credit to Wilder.

In my view you can ignore Wilder's spell at Watford. It was short, it was with someone else's players, and most importantly players who had consistently unperformed and were far from Wilder's 100% effort types that have done so well at United for example. At Boro, yes it went pear shaped but their fans loved him for large parts of the spell there. It all turned when Wilder didn't put to bed speculation with the Burnley job but I suspect he did tat because he wanted more assurances of spending from Gibson. Either way it was a mistake and in the end it went sour at Boro but I still think Wilder is a very good manager.

Back
Top Bottom