Rosenior available for nowt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would you want in charge?

• Wilder

Votes: 121 43.5%
  • Rosenior

Votes: 115 41.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 52 18.7%

• Total voters

steve26272

Reaction score
Liam Rosenior sacked for missing playoffs on the last day

Highly rated young manager available for no compensation

Have we seen enough from Wilder?
Is Rosenior still he right man?
If neither of the above who?

Man with no honours and achievements, who like said missed play-offs.

Vs

Man who guided a team from League one to a top end Premier League finish....

Whether satisfied with Wilder at the moment or not, it's not really a sensible debate statistically is it.

No, considering the pros and cons of who would be the better appointment in terms of what they have done, as opposed to what they can do going forward, is not sensible at all

Man with no honours and achievements, who like said missed play-offs.

Vs

Man who guided a team from League one to a top end Premier League finish....

Whether satisfied with Wilder at the moment or not, it's not really a sensible debate statistically is it.
Fully appreciate where you’re coming from. Wilder however is yesterdays man, he’s on a downward spiral who’s next stop is top to mid league one. Rosenior is a young, highly rated manager who’s worked wonders on a shoestring budget. Transformed a relegation threatened hull into a play off chasing team with minimal money using mostly frees and loans.

It’s not remotely a tough choice, we’re at a crucial time in that most of our team are out of contract, and I’d much prefer we give the rebuild to someone who won’t hamstring us into a 3/5 at the back formation that’s had its day.

Liam Rosenior sacked for missing playoffs on the last day

Highly rated young manager available for no compensation

Have we seen enough from Wilder?
Is Rosenior still he right man?
If neither of the above who?

Do we have £20m to give him to rebuild the side, because isn’t that what he’s spent getting Hull to 7th? Thats before you look at the wage bill which was also huge.
I say that as someone who likes him and thinks he is a promising young coach, but he’s spent big, built a very strong squad and then failed with them.
He’s a bit more learning to do, and I’m not sure we can afford to be that learning club for him given we’ve 2 seasons to get up or bust.

Fully appreciate where you’re coming from. Wilder however is yesterdays man, he’s on a downward spiral who’s next stop is top to mid league one. Rosenior is a young, highly rated manager who’s worked wonders on a shoestring budget. Transformed a relegation threatened hull into a play off chasing team with minimal money using mostly frees and loans.

It’s not remotely a tough choice, we’re at a crucial time in that most of our team are out of contract, and I’d much prefer we give the rebuild to someone who won’t hamstring us into a 3/5 at the back formation that’s had its day.
Where are you getting the shoestring budget from and minimal money?

I’m no fan of the current version of Wilder, but replacing him with somebody who, by all accounts has spent a fair amount of money and got nowhere seems a retrograde step.

Now, what’s that Blessin feller up to nowadays?

worked wonders on a shoestring budget.
He's been HEAVILY backed by Hull chairman this season.

Hull City have the 2nd highest net speed in the Championship this season, behind Stoke.

Philogene cost like £5m on his own.
Then they have some very high profile loanees - Tyler Morton & Fabio Carvalho (both Liverpool), Liam Delap (Man City), Ryan Giles (Luton)

Do we have £20m to give him to rebuild the side, because isn’t that what he’s spent getting Hull to 7th? Thats before you look at the wage bill which was also huge.
I say that as someone who likes him and thinks he is a promising young coach, but he’s spent big, built a very strong squad and then failed with them.
He’s a bit more learning to do, and I’m not sure we can afford to be that learning club for him given we’ve 2 seasons to get up or bust.
Net spend over 2 years in charge of £100k

IMG_3796.jpegIMG_3795.jpeg

7th in league vs 12 in wages table
IMG_3799.jpeg

Think he’s done a good job at hull, was credited with been the brains behind Rooney at Derby, possibly supported by Rooney Brum performance without him

He's been HEAVILY backed by Hull chairman this season.

Hull City have the 2nd highest net speed in the Championship this season, behind Stoke.

Philogene cost like £5m on his own.
Then they have some very high profile loanees - Tyler Morton & Fabio Carvalho (both Liverpool), Liam Delap (Man City), Ryan Giles (Luton)
Id expect us to be aiming for similar level loan signings personally. I wouldn’t trust wilder to make the most of them either.

They spent £11m on fees and brought in 6 loan players. Inclusive of loans I very much doubt those positions Maguire listed. I think he's provided neutral or slightly below par value this season. But Hull, I'd they were going with such a young boss should have signed more experienced players. Alternatively you either give him time to grow or hire an experienced manager in the 1st place.

I do like Rosenior but unless United hire someone to handle everything other than coaching and setting up the 1st XI he's not the right person to be overseeing what's going to happening here. Too inexperienced.

Wilder is likely cheap, has no leverage and allows the owner to have as little input as possible. But he does also have history with rebuilding teams on limited budgets under trying circumstances.

It's not a great endorsement but, for this specific situation I'm comfortable with Wilder >>>> Rosenior

Net spend over 2 years in charge of £100k

View attachment 183066View attachment 183067

7th in league vs 12 in wages table
View attachment 183068

Think he’s done a good job at hull, was credited with been the brains behind Rooney at Derby, possibly supported by Rooney Brum performance without him
So, two points here.
Firstly youre using netspend to cover the fact he’s spent £20m plus on transfer and failed to get them into the playoffs. I think most clubs would expect top 6 for that kind of outlay.
Secondly he wasn’t the guy who sold Lewis-Potter, he joined months later, so it’s not his net spend figure.

They spent £11m on fees and brought in 6 loan players. Inclusive of loans I very much doubt those positions Maguire listed

Granted, those are last season's figures (good luck getting accounts for year ending June 24 now), but if you think they've appreciated so much that they're up at the sorts of levels where Rosenior was underachieving then I'm surprised

Failed at big spending Dull. Next

The other that gets talked up on here spent 300 million and failed with a wage bill four or five x ours playing turgid, tactically inept football after fluking the play offs. Strange suggestion

A realistic suggestion would be somebody that had done a similar job to Wilder in his first spell in charge. Good luck with that one.

Granted, those are last season's figures (good luck getting accounts for year ending June 24 now), but if you think they've appreciated so much that they're up at the sorts of levels where Rosenior was underachieving then I'm surprised
I think, looking at those loan players and the signings he's done an OK job. Not a terrible one and about as well as could be expected for an inexperienced boss managing a squad with 17 new players.

I think the fault here lies with the owners who should have either given him a real 3 year run, signed some genuine Championship experience or hired a boss with more experience.

Look at the 4 play off managers. All with a lot of experience. Swap any of them for Rosenior and I'd guess Hull get in the playoffs.

Doesn't make him terrible, just ill suited if it was playoffs or bust

So, two points here.
Firstly youre using netspend to cover the fact he’s spent £20m plus on transfer and failed to get them into the playoffs. I think most clubs would expect top 6 for that kind of outlay.
Secondly he wasn’t the guy who sold Lewis-Potter, he joined months later, so it’s not his net spend figure.
It’s how you see it I guess, if PA came out and said we spent £67m everyone would point out we also sold £31m of talent, and rightly so
Everyone would agree that any monies incoming should be reinvested, as that reduces headcount so a true reflection of how good a manager performs is how much it’s “cost”

If we sell £50m of players and bring in £25m, will we be happy that the club have spent £25m, or angry PA trousered £25m?
IMG_3800.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom