Ring of steel v Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In many ways, the ring of steel, which starts as you enter Bramall lane from the round about (I think) must be quite intimidating for away fans. As the coaches drive along the road with only away fans and presumably Robocop police on that road, they must think that behind the 8-10ft high steel walls is a scene similar to 28 days later or North of the wall in GoT.

Alternatively the Spurs fans will just think it's a joke!

The other thing is that for fans making their own way to the ground, presumably can roam the streets looking for bother, like Wednesday did a few years back and of course, the police in their wisdom and arrogance think that because of the ring of steel, they don't need as many coppers on the normal street corners. I remember when the piggies came along taking pot shots I was thinking, where are the Coppers? Nowhere near Cherry St that's for sure.

They don't even block all the side roads, Blades fans can come out by the side of the petrol station on Clough Road or through the church.

Nice that we have a Clough Rd right next to the Lane

How does this ring of steel malarky work then. I need to work out my escape plan.

hqdefault.jpg

The road on which your stand is situated is basically divided down the white lines by a 6ft sold metal barrier. spurs filtered onto one side, united on the other.

The heavy handed tactics of The Ring of Steel is a containment strategy that it is out of date , aggressive , and indiscriminate . The only thing it will help , is with the police surveillance cameras and spotters . The SYP and Met must have had some intelligence , that trouble is to erupt . However this sort of policing then inflicts on us all , by no real safety after the game , when sporadic violence will erupt on side streets around the ground .Innocent bystanders then get caught up in the trouble ,only because of being in the wrong place , at the wrong time , especially after a night match.

As the saying goes , there is always collateral damage , in this case to true supporters , vehicles and property.

UTB

South Yorkshire Police couldn't run a fucking bath.

They'd actually ensure that the top of the bath was protected from water overflowing whilst not bothering to put the plug in.

Afterwards they'd tweet that it was a successful operation as no water had breached the top of the bath

They'd actually ensure that the top of the bath was protected from water overflowing whilst not bothering to put the plug in.

Afterwards they'd tweet that it was a successful operation as no water had breached the top of the bath

What we all have to remember , is that the Police Football Hooligan Intellegence Unit , read all message boards / forums , to either assist in dawn raids , banning orders , or take on positive comments / ideas.

I am sure they will now ensure the plug is always in the bath.:cool:

UTB

What we all have to remember , is that the Police Football Hooligan Intellegence Unit , read all message boards / forums , to either assist in dawn raids , banning orders , or take on positive comments / ideas.

I am sure they will now ensure the plug is always in the bath.
But will they remember the rubber duck?

I am sure they will now ensure the plug is always in the bath.:cool:

UTB
I hope they read this one then! I sent them a message via Twitter as well.

Given one set of fans will be going to Wembley and wanting to savour the moment with their players etc, doesn't it stand to reason the other lot will have cleared off 10 mins earlier? Plenty of time to move on any likely lads.

I'm not one for jumping on my Human Rights high horse, but I am being prevented from taking a particular route by this police action. I think it creates an atmosphere where people feel more anxious/hot headed, with the resultant increase in tension, especially once segregation promptly ends a couple of hundred feet away. I am not excusing the few idiots that let the regular footy fans down, but I wonder if asked under Freedom Of Information, whether SYP have evidence/intelligence to justify both the curtailment of human rights and the additional cost (because I don't imagine there is any less overtime being paid).

Of course, I have never heard a police officer say they have too many powers, only ever not enough. Just seems SYP in particular are not just a little selective in their application.

Cheers.

Magneto is one of us, might give him a bell,

Well we have:

MI6 Agent Alec Trevelyan running security
Boromir from Lord of the Rings plotting the route to the ground
Sharpe drawing up the battle plan
Jason Locke from Essex Boys to sort your lot out outside the ground
Jimmy Muir, who got the winner against Man U, up front for us

Here he is:

SeanBean.jpg

Well we have:

Here he is:

View attachment 10354

You say that, but in Magneto they also get Gandalf. :p

You see matches like the Manchester derby and Tottenham v Arsenal, where the supporters are separated by a line of stewards and coppers. Can you imagine that happening in the Sheffield derby? SYP couldn't hack such a job. Then they prove my point by erecting this ring of steel. I wonder if anyone knows whether it has ever been deployed in S6?

Maybe if a sizeable number of people who followed football weren't complete nobheads, then SYP wouldn't even need an excuse to get the Ring out?

You see matches like the Manchester derby and Tottenham v Arsenal, where the supporters are separated by a line of stewards and coppers. Can you imagine that happening in the Sheffield derby? SYP couldn't hack such a job. Then they prove my point by erecting this ring of steel. I wonder if anyone knows whether it has ever been deployed in S6?

They have been used in s6, but they look slightly different

pigs.jpg

Mandy's investment ,new turnstiles installed then.

In the background it looks like some Geordie cock shirt running them.

You see matches like the Manchester derby and Tottenham v Arsenal, where the supporters are separated by a line of stewards and coppers. Can you imagine that happening in the Sheffield derby? SYP couldn't hack such a job
There was a line of coppers all the way up the first gangway of the North stand seperating us from the wendies at Swillsbrough,there was some great banter that day:D

They could take the Spurs trains and coaches to Wadsley Bridge and Swillsbrough then bring them to the lane in the secret tunnel used by the pig fans on derby days ;)

Well we have:

Here he is:

View attachment 10354
What happens if this version turns up?
seanbean2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom