Ricky Holmes Arrival Imminent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If this was to happen we'll have signed 3 players who can create something from nothing. That'll be 3 more than we had last season!

Fantastic tricky 2 footed player who can score from anywhere on the pitch. Would be a class signing.

Now you've reminded me.

S before hit. When it comes to the majority of today's "music" ....

Exactly young man, as we were all taught at school

"C before rap

S before hit

i before e except after c"

I hope he's not just going to turn out to be one of the managers old mates that have already hit their peak.

We know how signing old mates has gone for managers in the past.

People seem to always forget to put the "C" in front of "rap"
There's a world of difference between 'proper' rap, like Public Enemy, NWA, Onyx etc and that R&B shit that features in the soundtrack. Anyway, R&B to me is Dr Feelgood, Nine Below Zero, The Blues Band etc not that godawful twerking nonsense...

I'm reliably informed by people on here that picking players from your old club(s) is simultaneously lazy, bad management and shows a lack of footballing knowledge...

Signing players from old clubs on their ability and performance from 4 years ago and doing no research into their current performance levels is either lacking knowledge or showing supreme arrogance of what is required at this level, naming no names of course.

There's a world of difference between 'proper' rap, like Public Enemy, NWA, Onyx etc and that R&B shit that features in the soundtrack. Anyway, R&B to me is Dr Feelgood, Nine Below Zero, The Blues Band etc not that godawful twerking nonsense...

kanye3f94e.gif

Out of interest, what's your taste?

Easier to list the CD's I have: Bowie (almost all)... Iggy Pop...Cream, Stranglers, Clash, Sex Pistols, Ian Dury, Stones, Who...Beatles (almost all), Lennon, Harrison..Pulp, Artic Monkeys, The Jam, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, The Cardigans, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Paul Simon, Robert Palmer, JJ Cale, The Pogues, Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Peter Gabriel, Royksop, Nirvana, Heaven 17, ABC, Echo and the Bunnymen, Julian Cope, Manic Street preachers, Yes, Ian Hunter, Fratellis, Smiths, Kraftwerk, Kaiser Chiefs, Leonard Cohen, Kasabian, Keane, Madness, Steely Dan, Kaiser Chiefs. Plus lots of vinyl in the attic

Actually there is one rap song I think is OK, here it be:

Funny thing is, that's what my parents said about the music I liked as a youth...today's really is shite though

Luckily for me, my kids grew up listening to whatever I had on in the car, so they don't listen to manufactured chart crap, they like proper music played by people who can play their instruments

Easier to list the CD's I have: Bowie (almost all)... Iggy Pop...Cream, Stranglers, Clash, Sex Pistols, Ian Dury, Stones, Who...Beatles (almost all), Lennon, Harrison..Pulp, Artic Monkeys, The Jam, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, The Cardigans, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Paul Simon, Robert Palmer, JJ Cale, The Pogues, Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Peter Gabriel, Royksop, Nirvana, Heaven 17, ABC, Echo and the Bunnymen, Julian Cope, Manic Street preachers, Yes, Ian Hunter, Fratellis, Smiths, Kraftwerk, Kaiser Chiefs, Leonard Cohen, Kasabian, Keane, Madness, Steely Dan, Kaiser Chiefs. Plus lots of vinyl in the attic

Interesting, a lot or stuff there that I like, some stuff that I don't, a decent variety.

I dare say maybe your parents or people a generation older than you would have critiqued the Sex Pistols much the same way you critique hip hop.

I'm not trying to convince you that hop hop is good, it's all subjective and you like what you like. I'm just surprised you can't find anything you like about the whole genre.

Some excellent choices young man, have a "like" from me

Interesting, a lot or stuff there that I like, some stuff that I don't, a decent variety.

I dare say maybe your parents or people a generation older than you would have critiqued the Sex Pistols much the same way you critique hip hop.

I'm not trying to convince you that hop hop is good, it's all subjective and you like what you like. I'm just surprised you can't find anything you like about the whole genre.

Sorry man....I don't. This article says it for me

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-things-about-rap-music/

I do appreciate the old blues influence that gave the British rock of the 70's and similarly the soul influence that helped influence the development of pop music to the present day, but rap, hip hop, it's too far and just inane and usually nasty with it.
You needed to be around when punk exploded, it was more a social revolution than about the music. Nobody could care less what their parents thought about it. Sorry about the thread hijacking

Sorry man....I don't. This article says it for me

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-things-about-rap-music/

I do appreciate the old blues influence that gave the British rock of the 70's and similarly the soul influence that helped influence the development of pop music to the present day, but rap, hip hop, it's too far and just inane and usually nasty with it.
You needed to be around when punk exploded, it was more a social revolution than about the music. Nobody could care less what their parents thought about it. Sorry about the thread hijacking
What a load of tosh that article is. Whoever wrote it has obviously never had the pleasure of listening to Public Enemy if they believe those kind of stereotypical clichés can sum up the entire genre of rap and hip hop.

I would rather watch Sheffield Wednesday play than go to a rap concert. If Public Enemy did a concert on my back lawn I'd draw the curtains (and lock the doors!).

I fucking hate the lot of it.

Some hip hop deserves a place in lift shafts.

:)

UTB

What a load of tosh that article is. Whoever wrote it has obviously never had the pleasure of listening to Public Enemy if they believe those kind of stereotypical clichés can sum up the entire genre of rap and hip hop.

Agreed. That article has conveniently picked up on some of the worst modern day rap 'artists' and based their assessment of the Hip Hop / Rap genre on them.

Should I dismiss my collection of Bowie, Clash, Fleetwood Mac & Foo Fighters just because Nickelback call themselves a rock band?

Back
Top Bottom