Player Suggestion Paris Maghoma

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yogi

Reaction score
22 plays CM and Brentford are his parent club he’s just won Bolton’s young player of the year featuring 37 times and scoring 8 goals helping them into the league one playoffs. He’s unlikely to break into the Brentford set up at his age but looks ready for a step up to the championship he’d be available this summer and likely wouldn’t cost the earth another one we should be looking at now because if he becomes an established championship player in a year or two we won’t be able to afford him.

Looked good against Tarn last night,look forward to seeing him at Bolton,reminded me of Eze when he first got into QPR,mobility,energy,intelligence and skill

22 plays CM and Brentford are his parent club he’s just won Bolton’s young player of the year featuring 37 times and scoring 8 goals helping them into the league one playoffs. He’s unlikely to break into the Brentford set up at his age but looks ready for a step up to the championship he’d be available this summer and likely wouldn’t cost the earth another one we should be looking at now because if he becomes an established championship player in a year or two we won’t be able to afford him.
Looked a good player. But it depends who we keep. If we keep Hamer and Arblaster he wouldn’t get a sniff and that’s nothing to do with the lad.

Looked a good player. But it depends who we keep. If we keep Hamer and Arblaster he wouldn’t get a sniff and that’s nothing to do with the lad.
I think we’ve probably got a place for another CM I don’t think we can rely on Davies to be consistently available and Norwood and Souza will you’d imagine be gone that leaves us Brooks, Blaster and Hamer (if he stays) who their records suggest will be consistently available we might have room for two more CM’s actually

I think we’ve probably got a place for another CM I don’t think we can rely on Davies to be consistently available and Norwood and Souza will you’d imagine be gone that leaves us Brooks, Blaster and Hamer (if he stays) who their records suggest will be consistently available we might have room for two more CM’s actually
Agree.

Blaster / Hamer / Davies / Brooks / Osborn.

I would hope we go all out and sign a left sided midfielder who would start. That would then be the midfield done.

If we change formation we would need more for sure. But hard to see until we know the formation.

Agree.

I would hope we go all out and sign a left sided midfielder who would start. That would then be the midfield done.

If we change formation we would need more for sure. But hard to see until we know the formation.
Jack Rudoni from Huddersfield would be a good pick up.

Jack Rudoni from Huddersfield would be a good pick up.
He looks a very tidy and versatile player him and either Maghoma or the lad from Brighton would give us a good young midfield

Brooks seems to have gone off the boil from the beginning of the season, he didn't look great yesterday, looked a bit lost, his marking was terrible and his pace seems to have disappeared too?
Probably something to do with getting battered every week though.

Brooks seems to have gone off the boil from the beginning of the season, he didn't look great yesterday, looked a bit lost, his marking was terrible and his pace seems to have disappeared too?

Didn’t look great? That’s an understatement. I still don’t think I’ve seen him cross or shoot and he’s barely managed a pass either. He’s good at intercepting and pressing and decent at dribbling, but end product is definitely where he needs to concentrate his development.

Bit of a cliche but he will benefit from a full pre-season with the first team.

Not been impressed of late and he really should have hit the target against Newcastle.

But he’s young and seems a bit of a confidence player. More time with the first team feeling he belongs there will help him.

A lot of fans want us to start young players… we do and then moan.

Didn’t look great? That’s an understatement. I still don’t think I’ve seen him cross or shoot and he’s barely managed a pass either. He’s good at intercepting and pressing and decent at dribbling, but end product is definitely where he needs to concentrate his development.
So, would you rather have had Souza, Norwood maybe, neither of them can dribble, Norwood "ping" isn't what it used to be, he can't run, or Souza, who can't do any of those things, and blames everyone around him??
Brooks has come from Development, into a Premier league squad, I thinks he's done really well so far.

So, would you rather have had Souza, Norwood maybe, neither of them can dribble, Norwood "ping" isn't what it used to be, he can't run, or Souza, who can't do any of those things, and blames everyone around him??
Brooks has come from Development, into a Premier league squad, I thinks he's done really well so far.

It goes against the grain but Souza actually looked like a premier league midfielder when he came on, so yes, I’d rather have him in the first team than Brooks based on what I’ve seen of them both. On Saturday I’d have brought Souza on for Brooks and one of the forwards on for Archer who was abysmal and whose attitude has been just as bad as Souza’s for at least the second half of the season, if not worse.

Brooks did look alright when he made his first couple of appearances, and he does have potential, but he’s a fair way to go before he’s ready to be starting for us, either in the premier league or the second tier.

I don’t care what anybody on here says, Souza would look a class above in the Championship. One confusingly bad pass per game notwithstanding, he’s composed, hard to knock off the ball and generally doesn’t tend to lose possession. He can and does win tackles as well. If he’s still around, I think a lot of people would change their opinion of him. Unfortunately he’s one of our few players with actual monetary value, so it’s doubtful we’ll find out.

It goes against the grain but Souza actually looked like a premier league midfielder when he came on, so yes, I’d rather have him in the first team than Brooks based on what I’ve seen of them both. On Saturday I’d have brought Souza on for Brooks and one of the forwards on for Archer who was abysmal and whose attitude has been just as bad as Souza’s for at least the second half of the season, if not worse.

Brooks did look alright when he made his first couple of appearances, and he does have potential, but he’s a fair way to go before he’s ready to be starting for us, either in the premier league or the second tier.

I don’t care what anybody on here says, Souza would look a class above in the Championship. One confusingly bad pass per game notwithstanding, he’s composed, hard to knock off the ball and generally doesn’t tend to lose possession. He can and does win tackles as well. If he’s still around, I think a lot of people would change their opinion of him. Unfortunately he’s one of our few players with actual monetary value, so it’s doubtful we’ll find out.
But, if rumours are true, and after hearing him slate the club, I expect they are..... he doesn't want to be at the club.
And he's not the only one, Wilder alludes to it in every interview, always talking about the players that don't want to be here.
And he isn't the only one, as you pointed out, Archer is another, as I believe Hamer is too.
Were going to be in trouble next season, and were going to need Brooks brought on as much as possible before then.
So let's not think about 1 game, that matters fuck all as we're already relegated.
Oh, and Souza is a cunt.

Brooks seems to suffer from the same ball striking genes as McBurnie. Needs to work on that, but it'll probably never be his strength. That will limit his numbers a lot... but possibly enable us to keep him long term. If he can be consistently good at ball winning, covering ground, dribbling and simple passing that is enough to be a very effective player. We should probably expect about 20 starts for him next season IMO, and factor that into recruitment. Him being 4th choice CM for now with a first choice LCM coming in is ideal

I think he's been a little overshadowed by Arblaster.
Brooks came in and looked great, but then Arblaster came in and wow!

Off injured in playoff final and seen on bench with crutches, write your own jokes

Agree.

That's a worrying midfield five. Arblaster and Hamer I have no problem. Osborn, for all his effort and brawn, never has been and never will be a first team starter and he's one of our most injury prone players. Davies also has a lot of question marks about his fitness and ability to stay injury free. Brooks is just a meh player. He's certainly nowhere near Premier League standard, and from what I've seen from him this season I'm struggling to see what he'll bring in the Championship. Even in the under 21s he was often too hesitant and wasteful on the ball. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I just don't see a player in Brooks.

We definitely need at least 2-3 more midfielders coming in. The question is will Wilder get any money for fees, or will they all be freebies and loans?

Back
Top Bottom