Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v. Sheffield United - 29th April 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

QPR
QPR
QPR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1651180817583.png V. 1651180824071.png
Championship Week 45 - Friday 29th April 2022 - 19:45 - Loftus Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/queens-park-rangers-vs-sheffield-united.596/

Officials:

Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Assistant Referee: Robert Hyde
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1651180915161.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 22.22.26.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Fuck me. Half the fan base wrote us off at half time. Has anyone ever heard its a game of two halves?

Don't get me wrong, whatever that first half was about... fuck knows but Jesus tapdancing Christ it's embarrassing.

I think I'm more glad that those posters look stupid now rather than us walking away with 3 points and a strong second half performance
Fair play to the lads, brilliant second half

Fuck me. Half the fan base wrote us off at half time. Has anyone ever heard its a game of two halves?

Don't get me wrong, whatever that first half was about... fuck knows but Jesus tapdancing Christ it's embarrassing.

I think I'm more glad that those posters look stupid now rather than us walking away with 3 points and a strong second half performance

Yes, it's a game of two halves
We slagged them first half
And cheered them second half

Thankfully our players have got bigger balls than some of our fans.

First half we were the better team without creating much and a bad mistake saw us going in one nil down. I'm not sure what some of our fans expect. I feel they need to pick Liverpool or Man City so they can have a team which walks every game. Came out swinging second half and all over them for the first twenty. They almost equalised but very much deserved in the end.

Foderingham - 6 - Didn't have much to do. Could have done better with a couple of crosses but generally sound
Stevens - 6.5 - Solid and got forward well a few times
Robinson - 7.5 - Great header for the goal and some really dangerous long throws. Loses a point for daft booking.
Egan - 6 - Fairly steady
Basham - 5.5 - Nightmare first half. At fault for their goal and got absolutely skinned by a chair. Better second half and good header back across for the goal.
Osborn - 6 - Did ok. Put in a could of decent low crosses with his wrong foot and defended decently.
Fleck - 6.5 - Got stuck in and snapping around. Seemed to run out of puff and got a bit of a clout before being taken off
Norwood - 7 - Better from him. Lovely set-piece of the training ground and more involved than normal
Berge - 7.5 - Good first half and kept going through the second. Getting more involved, which is good to see
MGW - 6 - Thought he was poor first half but much more lively during the second. Got a lot of knocks but kept going
Ndiaye -7 - Probably our best player first half and another goal for him. Had to come off again but really can't be easy playing during Ramadan

Subs

Osula - 6.5 - Did ok when he came on. Looked lively and put himself about
Hourihane - Not on the pitch for long but a lovely controlled finish

Hecky - 8 - Low key first half where we looked better but didn't really threaten. Not sure what he said at halftime but they came out like a rocket and kept going and going.

QPR - Looked fairly poor. Not much about them. Quite impressed with their keeper.

At last the blades players showed they do care about the club and fought to the finnish. Got to be proud to be a blade!

First half we were the better team without creating much and a bad mistake saw us going in one nil down. I'm not sure what some of our fans expect. I feel they need to pick Liverpool or Man City so they can have a team which walks every game. Came out swinging second half and all over them for the first twenty. They almost equalised but very much deserved in the end.

Foderingham - 6 - Didn't have much to do. Could have done better with a couple of crosses but generally sound
Robinson - 7.5 - Great header for the goal and some really dangerous long throws. Loses a point for daft booking.
Egan - 6 - Fairly steady
Basham - 5.5 - Nightmare first half. At fault for their goal and got absolutely skinned by a chair. Better second half and good header back across for the goal.
Osborn - 6 - Did ok. Put in a could of decent low crosses with his wrong foot and defended decently.
Fleck - 6.5 - Got stuck in and snapping around. Seemed to run out of puff and got a bit of a clout before being taken off
Norwood - 7 - Better from him. Lovely set-piece of the training ground and more involved than normal
Berge - 7.5 - Good first half and kept going through the second. Getting more involved, which is good to see
MGW - 6 - Thought he was poor first half but much more lively during the second. Got a lot of knocks but kept going
Ndiaye -7 - Probably our best player first half and another goal for him. Had to come off again but really can't be easy playing during Ramadan

Subs

Hecky - 8 - Low key first half where we looked better but didn't really threaten. Not sure what he said at halftime but they came out like a rocket and kept going and going.

QPR - Looked fairly poor. Not much about them. Quite impressed with their keeper.
Egan - 6 - Fairly steady.

The man was faultless and drove us forward in a superb captains performance.

8 min.

UTB

Where’s all the posters who can’t wait to slag the club off?
They know who they are… you know who they are… it’s ridiculous and it has to stop. Get behind the boys! Surely that’s the way forward isn’t it?!

Elite sportspeople can get an exemption from Allah during game/high intensity days.

Muslims can also choose to donate something to a good cause if fast is broken on a particular day. Something I’ve seen happen plenty of times.

First half we were the better team without creating much and a bad mistake saw us going in one nil down.
I'm not sure what some of our fans expect. I feel they need to pick Liverpool or Man City so they can have a team which walks every game. Came out swinging second half and all over them for the first twenty. They almost equalised but very much deserved in the end.

Egan - 6 - Fairly steady

Subs

The bold......

I was shocked at the complete negativity and harsh comments on here at half time, sounded like fickle little grunters.

I don't for one minute believe the first half to be our worse 45 minutes of the season. I don't think we were terrible, I don't think we lacked balls or appeared like we didn't want it..... we were very much in it, we just lacked in the final third and needed some fine tuning..... and to be fair, probably a bollocking to get rid of some of the nerves. We played some decent football, but it was just a little bit tentative..... but far from 2nd best.

Second half.....we piled it on, continues to create chances.... but the difference being that we had the balls to put them away.

Absolutely fantastic second half performance..... upped the tempo, built the confidence and well and truly mullered QPR.

Who knows what the outcome of this season will be..... but I will take that performance....

Elite sportspeople can get an exemption from Allah during game/high intensity days.

Muslims can also choose to donate something to a good cause if fast is broken on a particular day. Something I’ve seen happen plenty of times.
He didn't though. They stopped the game at sundown so he could take on energy drink/food.

All on Hecky that

Not Playing Basham at RB over Urimovic is a fuckin joke well done Hecky you useless man

There is absolutely zero logic to playing Ben Osborn at Right back zero none

Get this u23 manager out the club and get a proper one in
Don't know why, but personally I love Osborn. Something simply honest about the player. Reminds me of John Cutbush of yesteryear in so many ways :)

The bold......

I was shocked at the complete negativity and harsh comments on here at half time, sounded like fickle little grunters.

I don't for one minute believe the first half to be our worse 45 minutes of the season. I don't think we were terrible, I don't think we lacked balls or appeared like we didn't want it..... we were very much in it, we just lacked in the final third and needed some fine tuning..... and to be fair, probably a bollocking to get rid of some of the nerves. We played some decent football, but it was just a little bit tentative..... but far from 2nd best.

Second half.....we piled it on, continues to create chances.... but the difference being that we had the balls to put them away.

Absolutely fantastic second half performance..... upped the tempo, built the confidence and well and truly mullered QPR.

Who knows what the outcome of this season will be..... but I will take that performance....
We seem to have for some reason attracted fans who expect to win every game comfortably in the league, despite having no strikers, spending no money and an injury crisis.

It's a really tough league. It's really hard to get out of. And yet some seem to think our manager is shit as we haven't walked every game. It's all a bit Wednesday tbqf.

2nd half we were absolutely brilliant. High tempo, running with the ball, always trying to go forward, no pointless tippy tappy. 20 attempts to 3 in those 45 mins. We were unstoppable.
An excellent 2nd half - that's what I want to see from this set of players because they have it in them.

great result and generally a good performance UTB! the first half was not as bad as some made out.
Agree, totally controlled the game from the beginning, they get a goal against the run of play, and we just didn't test the keeper enough first half, despite getting in good positions.. 2nd half well on top, and they had a little spell before we got the 3rd..8 minutes though, where did that come from.

I remember 28 corners against West Ham in the year Bassett took us up.

Lost 0-2
I was there too. 28 corners is the English record for corners in a match in th3 top 4 tiers. The week after tha5 we played Dynamo Kiev at the Lane and I think we had 20+ corners in that….and lost 2-1.

Back
Top Bottom