Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v. Sheffield United - 29th April 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

QPR
QPR
QPR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1651180817583.png V. 1651180824071.png
Championship Week 45 - Friday 29th April 2022 - 19:45 - Loftus Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/queens-park-rangers-vs-sheffield-united.596/

Officials:

Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Assistant Referee: Robert Hyde
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1651180915161.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 22.22.26.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I may admit after the first half, I thought it was another one of those performances we have seen too many times this season.
Completely outplay trans without creating anything of note then concede the only chance they have.
Second half we played with the intensity and purpose which we saw when hecky took over. It was simple, get the ball back, get into a crossing position and get it into the box early.
Since we had the early successes under him, we have slipped back into the possession with little product type game for the most part. Maybe this was due to Hecky trying to play safe and try to keep us in the play offs, when to get there, we played a lot more directly.

One the game as a whole, we dominated QPR pretty much throughout but certainly second half, could have scored 3 or 4 more. Plus - set pieces… fuck me at last we looked decent at set pieces.

Fantastic 2nd half from utd deserves all the plaudits for forcing a results because they couldnt cope for most of that 2nd half, for the 1st time since Swansea when we won 4-0, we managed to turn possession & dominance into goals, that barring disaster being 5pts clear with 6pts left. should be playoffs secured

i stand by what i said in the 1st half, because we were toothless, & its become a running joke between family & friends that i can predict what i'll say at HT because it happens every game, better team, got into great positions, should be leading. 0-0 at half time. if we were as clinical as bristol city & Reading over easter then QPR tonight we'd be in automatic promotion race, not about to fall out of the playoffs

but if we can play that 2nd half more often, we can do this or in the words of Kevin keegan 26 years ago this week "we're still fighting for this promotion, and Middlesbrough still got go & get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we win them, love it!"

Loved the intensity of the second half and for the first time in ages I felt confident we could score from corners.

Great credit due, they all delivered tonight and the away support was brilliant, sang even when we were behind.

Fuckin brilliant. Exactly what we need for last game / games.

Ps makes posts on page 3 look like bed shitters. Get some belief.
Just another night in the office being a Blade

Honestly it must get boring being a Liverpool/City fan. Besides perhaps champions league the most drama they seem to come across is the odd big fixture against one of the top 6, that they know they're the favourites anyway.

Occupy the last play off space, walk in at half time 1 down with a club or two breathing down your neck for that place - one of which is ran by your ex manager who's departure was a bit hazy. Come out and put 3 past the opposite side despite having one of the poorest away win/scoring records.

My "finally got back from the pub", on the whistle Blog is now available. Rabble Rousing. Chaos Corners. London Road Bus Advisory. Hotbed Of Hoopery. All covered...

You may also like to catch up with recent SUFC, Academy and County Cricket Blogs at...

Don't know why, but personally I love Osborn. Something simply honest about the player. Reminds me of John Cutbush of yesteryear in so many ways :)

Or, for those a tad older, Trevor Hockey (who had a dash of Vinny Jones as well).

Back
Top Bottom