Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brereton Diaz has already signed a precontract with a Spanish side; and is out of contract with Blackburn in the summer anyway so not much hope of a ‘bargaining chip’
oh right thats him off the shopping list then

I think we’ll have a similar spend to when we last went up (at most). Need to box clever and focus on the positions of greatest need and not worry about big marquee impact players. We don’t have the finance for that currently.

Players that I think would help us that are realistically affordable (some of these we know or have been mentioned elsewhere):

A left footed centre back to give us more competition and depth at that level. Can’t think of too many that fit the profile tbh….

Ruben Vinagre (Sporting): been on loan from Sporting to Everton. Doesn’t seem to have played much not sure why. Looked a good player when I’ve seen him though and we need improvement on the left. Maybe worth looking to loan

Ryan Manning (Swansea): just always liked him when I’ve seen him play. Underrated and can play numerous positions. Also left footed. Ben Osborn MII potentially

Tommy Doyle: a must if there’s any chance of getting him back permanently or on loan

James McAtee: as above but we can only get one on loan

Tijjani Reijnders (AZ Alkmaar): talented and a good age. I’ve seen him play. Bit of a gamble but shouldn’t cost a fortune

Habib Diallo (Strasbourg): Something like 15th in the golden boot list for Europe. If there’s any kind of budget he might be worth a look and will probably be cheaper than a high scoring Championship striker. Which is bonkers.

Who would you say are certs to be fine in the PL??? (For at least 1 season)

Wes

Anel Egan LCB

Baldock CM CM RND

Berge Ndiaye

ST

I'd say we definitely need four players to come straight into the first 11. Berge and Ndiaye could also leave aswell.

Who would you say are certs to be fine in the PL??? (For at least 1 season)

Wes

Anel Egan LCB

Baldock CM CM RND

Berge Ndiaye

ST

I'd say we definitely need four players to come straight into the first 11. Berge and Ndiaye could also leave aswell.
we need 6 to come straight in to the team imo but i think its more likely to be 4 and probably another 4 as squad players

We aren't signing loads so four new starters I'd be happy with, aslong as their better. Midfield the key.
yes it is looking that way the vibes that are coming out of the club but if so its going to be very difficult to stay in the premier league maybe the club are thinking we might have to go down the yo-yo route as other clubs have done to ensure financial stability

Alright Blades fam.

We gave the old guard a hit out.

Anyone now want to adjust their premier league squad and who must stay, who must go and what's needed for next season....

Asking for a friend 🤣

Nathan Ferguson out of contract at Palace has been riddled with injury in recent years but before his move to Palace looked a real prospect could be worth a look on a cheap deal.

If you choose to believe it, rumour has it there will be a firesale at WBA now they aren't promoted. Swift anyone?

If you choose to believe it, rumour has it there will be a firesale at WBA now they aren't promoted. Swift anyone?
Think they’re in a decent amount of financial trouble like we would’ve been had we not gone up. I don’t know if there’s anyone you’d really want to take though.

Ajayi maybe at CB and then Dike and Grant have had good season previously but not torn up any trees recently.

I think the priorities are.

GK
CB
LCB
LCM
ATTACKER

That's based on us hanging on to Berge and Ndiaye and we get both Doyle and McAtee back at the Lane.

I think the priorities are.

GK
CB
LCB
LCM
ATTACKER

That's based on us hanging on to Berge and Ndiaye and we get both Doyle and McAtee back at the Lane.

Doyle coming back is now more unlikely than likely. Priced out of his valuation before bidding even begun.

Doyle coming back is now more unlikely than likely. Priced out of his valuation before bidding even begun.
What makes you think that? I would expect talks are already under way and if both clubs and player are up for it them I would say that we have as good a chance as anyone at signing him.

Absolute musts

Talking first 11 not squad players

GK
LCB
CM
LCM
ST

£100m investment needed

£100m investment needed
200w.gif

Dikes at WBA would have been a cracking signing for us but he has been plagued with bad injuries this season, so for that reason it's a no. But maybe one to keep an eye on for the future.

20mill ish
Whaaaat? 10 million tops. Worlds gone mad.
Doyles been good and I want us to sign him, but he's not incredible. Theres lots of room for improvement before being worth £20m, including things like his free kicks, corners and ability to consistently play 90 minutes.

If he's worth 20 million then Conor Gallagher, Oli Skipp and Billy Gilmour must be worth 60 million (which they're not).

Whaaaat? 10 million tops. Worlds gone mad.
Doyles been good and I want us to sign him, but he's not incredible. Theres lots of room for improvement before being worth £20m, including things like his free kicks, corners and ability to consistently play 90 minutes.

If he's worth 20 million then Conor Gallagher, Oli Skipp and Billy Gilmour must be worth 60 million (which they're not).
It's closer to ten based on what they were willing to sell him for to us initially

With Doyle I could potentially see a Brewster style transfer. City to sell him to us for x amounts with a buyback included at x amount until a certain date. Talking of worths, I personally wouldn’t be paying over 10m for him. He’s had a great season, but he’s not got any premier league experience what so ever.

I wouldn't be against us getting going in for Swift if he was a free transfer (WBA trying to get him off the wages) and his wages were modest. There is a very good.ayer in there but it seems he's had a few niggling injuries and hasn't found his feet yet at WBA. It happens, and I think with a bit of patience and decent coaching with PH and co, we could coax out the old player who was a very very good championship player and possible lower PL standard. If that happened then even if the worst happens next season, we have a top championship player in situ. That said, if it's a limited budget I'd rather us go in for OBrien from the Trees. I'd take both tbh if the stars aligned.

We aren't signing loads so four new starters I'd be happy with, aslong as their better. Midfield the key.
Midfield is the key but we are short on the left side of defence.
My preference is three left footed players for defence/midfield plus a two footed player for CM.
If we can add a striker then that would be a bonus.
Any more than that, whilst welcome, seems to me to be unrealistic in this window. If we have 20 points by Christmas then we could perhaps add in the JTW.

Back
Top Bottom