Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How do we know jebbo wont sign a new contract? Its been reported berge and Ndaiye want to test the market…

Not seen anything suggesting jebbo wants out to be fair
Think it's only ITK info so far but really, why would he sign? We're not even offering him first team football as it stands. Even if we do, he probably still won't sign. We also fucked him about with the Burton recall. He could go to any number of bigger clubs and earn much more to be on their bench, or go out on loan. Ndiaye and Berge are helping to lead the way for him as well

What do you think we could get for Jebbison and Berge?

Their value to us in the first team this season is more than what we would realistically get, so I wouldn't even contemplate putting a figure on it

London Irish folded so all of that lot are on a free...

It's only the premiership in rugby or S6 where they haven't been in the Premier League

Their value to us in the first team this season is more than what we would realistically get, so I wouldn't even contemplate putting a figure on it
That would rely on both performing much better than last season...... a level higher

You play too much FM.

Berge for 9m is a joke. He STILL has 12 months, very minimum should be 15, if we are looking at 'cutting our loses'. Just don't want January to roll around and clubs can talk to him about moving on a free.

Jebbison for 5m aswell. He's a young England U21 international. That's got the 'English tax' on it & honestly, I'd rather give him regular minutes this season and a contract extension.

I don't think we can get all the players listed but, I like most of your suggestions. Trafford looked very good at Bolton last year. I reckon City would do 5m but with a buyback inserted, like they have for Lavia and others. God, it would be great to have both Doyle and McAtee back in some capacity as well
Berge can sign for a European club on a pre-contact in January. As can Jebbo. If they won't sign, you realistically have to take the cash. You'd no doubt be loading whatever figure up with hefty clauses

If they won't sign, you realistically have to take the cash

It depends what cash is offered, which given the contract situation will be, relatively speaking, somewhere between "fuck" and "all"

So do you have absolute faith in them to suddenly improve their performances against better teams....... or do you think we'd get less than about 8m combined?

I think they'd both be competent Premier League starters, and in the board's position I would not start flapping around and mindlessly taking any old offer because people on internet forums are shit scared of letting people leave on a free, who can't work out how much it would cost to replace said player's contribution to the team in the coming twelve months. I'm not McCabe.

I think they'd both be competent Premier League starters, and in the board's position I would not start flapping around and mindlessly taking any old offer because people on internet forums are shit scared of letting people leave on a free, who can't work out how much it would cost to replace said player's contribution to the team in the coming twelve months. I'm not McCabe.
So we unarguably could not replace their contribution without spending as much or more? I disagree

So we unarguably could not replace their contribution without spending as much or more? I disagree

Each to their own, but in a market where City youth team keepers are apparently going for nearly twenty million I'll guess that my estimates of what it would cost to replace Berge/Jebbo as closer than what you think. Will just agree to disagree

Time to re-visit the squad I think. Thomas brings us up to the magic 25 senior players if everyone could just stay fit...

GKs x 3 - Wes, Davies, Amissah
Def x 11 - Egan, Anel, JLT, Trusty, Basham, George, Bogle, Lowe, Larouchi, Thomas, RND
Mid x 8 - Souza, Hamer, Norwood, Slim Man, Davies, Ozzie, Coulibaly, Fleck (Brooks is under 21)
Fwd x 3 - Oli, Brewster, Archer (Traore, Osula, Jebbo and Marsh all under 21)

So, if we get two more in, I'm guessing that will be Fleck and RND confirmed out until January or we move someone on (maybe Coulibaly). Any thoughts/predictions for who misses out (as opposed to who comes in - hopefully Macca + AN Other)?

Time to re-visit the squad I think. Thomas brings us up to the magic 25 senior players if everyone could just stay fit...

Def x 11 - Egan, Anel, JLT, Trusty, Basham, George, Bogle, Lowe, Larouchi, Thomas, RND
Mid x 8 - Souza, Hamer, Norwood, Slim Man, Davies, Ozzie, Coulibaly, Fleck (Brooks is under 21)

So, if we get two more in, I'm guessing that will be Fleck and RND confirmed out until January or we move someone on (maybe Coulibaly). Any thoughts/predictions for who misses out (as opposed to who comes in - hopefully Macca + AN Other)?
Macca won’t count as he’s 20

Macca , another am and another CDM we need 3 , still think Derby's record is at risk
It's going to be a long season unless the Prince finds a sugar daddy before January
I'm happy with the business we've done with the paucity of funds and think heckys doing a brilliant job with what he's got (all hail Fallowfield)

Macca , another am and another CDM we need 3 , still think Derby's record is at risk
It's going to be a long season unless the Prince finds a sugar daddy before January
I'm happy with the business we've done with the paucity of funds and think heckys doing a brilliant job with what he's got (all hail Fallowfield)
I'm glad we've bought some quality in to midfield with Souza and Hamer in particular, but agree we still looks light in terms of numbers. Really hoping Davies isn't this season's Jack Rodwell (I thought he was going to use us as a platform to relaunch his career - how wrong I can be!). If we get three in, who drops out though? Fleck and RND through injury and look to offload Coulibaly maybe?

RND, Osborn and Fleck won't make the squad.

I'm glad we've bought some quality in to midfield with Souza and Hamer in particular, but agree we still looks light in terms of numbers. Really hoping Davies isn't this season's Jack Rodwell (I thought he was going to use us as a platform to relaunch his career - how wrong I can be!). If we get three in, who drops out though? Fleck and RND through injury and look to offload Coulibaly maybe?
For some reason hecky doesn't seem to fancy Coulibaly
IMHO fleck should never have been resigned, I get ozzy as he's willing to play anywhere and not do a bad job
The lack of positive updates on RND is worrying

For some reason hecky doesn't seem to fancy Coulibaly
IMHO fleck should never have been resigned, I get ozzy as he's willing to play anywhere and not do a bad job
The lack of positive updates on RND is worrying
Agree on Coulibaly - When you're second fiddle to an out of position Bash you probably aren't going to get much of a run-out.
I didn't mind getting Fleck and Ozzie back. Fleck's form has been poor for quite a while, but he's not ancient and was hoping he could turn it round.
As for RND, it's not just no positive updates - it's complete radio silence. Out of all the walking wounded, him and Brewster are the ones I thought could really make a difference (I'm putting on my pith helmet now for the pelters I'll get for mentioning Brewster). Hope he comes good.

Agree on Coulibaly - When you're second fiddle to an out of position Bash you probably aren't going to get much of a run-out.
I didn't mind getting Fleck and Ozzie back. Fleck's form has been poor for quite a while, but he's not ancient and was hoping he could turn it round.
As for RND, it's not just no positive updates - it's complete radio silence. Out of all the walking wounded, him and Brewster are the ones I thought could really make a difference (I'm putting on my pith helmet now for the pelters I'll get for mentioning Brewster). Hope he comes good.
I also get the impression that Coulibaly was behind Bash in terms of fitness too which probably can be factored in.

That said, he’s one of those whose place is in jeopardy. Ironically by not playing better, he has reduced his chances to get picked more because of our exit from the League Cup.

Either way, if we do get McAtee then I quite like this XI:

Wes
Anel Egan JLT
Baldock Souza Thomas
Hamer McAtee
McBurnie
Archer

I also get the impression that Coulibaly was behind Bash in terms of fitness too which probably can be factored in.

That said, he’s one of those whose place is in jeopardy. Ironically by not playing better, he has reduced his chances to get picked more because of our exit from the League Cup.

Either way, if we do get McAtee then I quite like this XI:

Wes
Anel Egan JLT
Baldock Souza Thomas
Hamer McAtee
McBurnie
Archer
I like that too but can’t see any way Hecky won’t play Norwood.

With it looking like just Macca in today, it will be interesting to see which of RND or Fleck get dropped from the final squad. If both are definitely out for the season, we surely would have picked up a freebie even if just as emergency backup.

Back
Top Bottom