Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Wigan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Thanks Roy. First comment in and we're already got a wrong spelling and lower case L in the first sentence.
Good work Wigan!
And you won't get that draw

“don’t recall QPR ever getting a points deduction for their financial irregularities a few years back….add West Ham, Citeh, Everton,Reading,Preston,Huddersfield, Cardiff,Hull and Sheffield United to the list of clubs who should have had points deducted but as yet haven’t.”

why should we have been deducted points

although we have got to got avoid a forest green scenario, this is an golden opportunity to but huge pressure on boro before they play top of the league

Possibly in a false position due to the points deduction. Early in the season their away form was really good

Now the positives for us. We are very strong at home. We may have now got over our blip? We do have the players to hurt them

It's all about applying what we are good at and get the result that could increase our gap to 3rd and 4th

COYRAWW

Think I'd rest Doyle and McAtee v Wigan, start them v Burnley on Monday. Slight gamble but Norwood should come in and run it theoretically. Brooks or Fleck at LCM.

Half tempted to go further and rest the wing backs but the more you rotate, the bigger the risk.

Think I'd rest Doyle and McAtee v Wigan, start them v Burnley on Monday. Slight gamble but Norwood should come in and run it theoretically. Brooks or Fleck at LCM.

Half tempted to go further and rest the wing backs but the more you rotate, the bigger the risk.
Please god no. Very last thing we need to do at this stage is to start getting all cocky and rest players so they can play in a match we’re likely to lose anyway.

Thanks Roy.

Hope we knuckle down & put in a performance, we cannot afford to let standards drop for any team in this league, we have all seen what happens when we do. Quite confident we can do that, the prize is too great not to.

“I’d take a draw here tbh”

No shit. You're bottom and we're second and could still win the league in theory. And you're coming to our place.

That's like an ugly bloke seeing [insert fit bird's name here] in the pub and saying to his mates, "I'd be happy with a tit wank". Yes. Yes you would, but it's not happening

Cheers Roygbiv as always

UTB

Well that's about the most confident set of away fans we've had for ages. Surprising given their league position. Got to say though I am a little worried about it being a Leeds Good Friday moment.
The posts have also brought back awful memories of that wet Sunday in May 2007. What was worse on the occasion was that I had a job interview in Wigan the Thursday of the following week.

This is one game I'll be happy to get the 3 points by any means.

Cheers Royston 👍
Never really think about Wigan, they're just one of those nothing interesting clubs aren't they....
Still, 3 points is 3 points, whoever we get them from.
COYRAWW!!!

Can see a 1 nil either way. Lots of respect for Shaun Maloney and can see him going places in the future. Cracking young up & coming manager.

This will be a much more difficult game than it looks on paper. They're now fighting for their lives and their form has picked up. Draws against Watford and Coventry last month and finally got a win in their last game. Going to be a bot of a scrap.

Absolutely NOT, we cannot afford any stupid rotation of the squad, we need to put out the best team to do that.

No pissing about.

Back
Top Bottom