Pellistri

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let him stay in man u reserves, if he doesn't want to come, move on and forget him

Let him stay in man u reserves, if he doesn't want to come, move on and forget him
That's not what he said, all he's said is that he'd like to stay at Man Utd and fight for a place, any young player who believed in themselves would say the same, Dean Henderson said the same and yet we hero worship him.

That's not what he said, all he's said is that he'd like to stay at Man Utd and fight for a place, any young player who believed in themselves would say the same, Dean Henderson said the same and yet we hero worship him.

Arblaster would’ve said the same thing before going to Vale if asked. They all would. Doesn’t mean they’re basically telling other clubs to fuck off. It’s a question where whatever answer, they can’t win!

shame that it now looks like he wont be coming to us now like the look of balde but pellestri was obviously our number 1 choice with more experience in this country

The thing with Tim Vickery is that firstly he's very knowledgeable. However, secondly, he's usually often rather bullish on South American players when I've read things written by him.

Articles I've seen have been where he's suggested how X player could move to Europe and he'd be great for so-and-so team, matching the two styles.

What he doesn't tend to say is "this guy is garbage". It's all very positive. So, to Pellistri. He had two loan spells so far. As a 19/20-year-old, birthday in December, he went to Alaves. He played 12 matches, 7 as starter and 5 as sub and failed to register a goal or an assist. I appreciate this can be misleading; he could have taken on the whole team, passed the ball to a guy on the line who allowed someone else to tap in and he wouldn't get an assist. But then he went back to Alaves and played 23 matches but still only managed 6 starts and 17 sub appearances, so wasn't doing enough to make his way into a not-so-great team, who got relegated. Let us not dismiss that the season before he went to Alaves, they were treated to Oliver Burke and even he managed 3 goal contributions while he was there. So did Pellistri not make good numbers because he wasn't given a chance or was he not given more of a chance because he simply didn't impress?

Last season he got an assist in the EFL Cup, but that was all in 11 further appearances. I get he is desperate for games, and I get why Man U would like him to play more, it just seems he's not lived up to his billing at all. Maybe he is about to, and we will be the lucky recipients, but it does feel like a gamble more on our side than the player's or Man U's.

Man U fans are campaigning for him to be given a go. But let's be straight here; they are doing this because they think Anthony is rubbish. They aren't doing it because Pellistri has a huge body of successful work behind him which is hard to ignore.

His international stats look far better with 5 assists in 12 matches which I would imagine can cause some unconscious bias to Vickery because this is where he will have witnessed him most notably. So, let's break that down further; 2 of those assists were against Nicaragua. They rank 141st in world football. To give some context, Faroe Islands rank 128th. They are sandwiched between Ethiopia and Burundi. He also managed 2 assists against Venezuela. It sounds better and is, but even they only rank 57th, one spot above Jamaica. So you're probably talking a couple of times he's had a brace of assists in 4-1 victories against teams of no more than League One or Two level. His other assist was against Mexico, ranking 12th in a 3-0 friendly win so kudos to him for that. Otherwise he drew blanks against Paraguay (49th), Peru (21st), Mexico (12th), USA (11th), Panama (45th), Iran (22nd), South Korea (28th), Portugal (9th), Ghana (60th) and Japan (20th).

I'm sure this comes across as a bit of a character assassination. It's not meant to be. It's more just to highlight this would be a punt. It's based on him having an impact, the nature of which he's never had before. I can't say the same for Balde who would feel a lot more proven to me as an option, not to mention a lot more physical.

Thanks for all the leg work putting that together and it's a great summary of his career to date, warts and all.

As others have said, one of the reasons why Newton Heath fans are now suggesting that he is the next Messi-in-waiting, is simply because he isn't Antony.

The thing with Tim Vickery is that firstly he's very knowledgeable. However, secondly, he's usually often rather bullish on South American players when I've read things written by him.

Articles I've seen have been where he's suggested how X player could move to Europe and he'd be great for so-and-so team, matching the two styles.

What he doesn't tend to say is "this guy is garbage". It's all very positive. So, to Pellistri. He had two loan spells so far. As a 19/20-year-old, birthday in December, he went to Alaves. He played 12 matches, 7 as starter and 5 as sub and failed to register a goal or an assist. I appreciate this can be misleading; he could have taken on the whole team, passed the ball to a guy on the line who allowed someone else to tap in and he wouldn't get an assist. But then he went back to Alaves and played 23 matches but still only managed 6 starts and 17 sub appearances, so wasn't doing enough to make his way into a not-so-great team, who got relegated. Let us not dismiss that the season before he went to Alaves, they were treated to Oliver Burke and even he managed 3 goal contributions while he was there. So did Pellistri not make good numbers because he wasn't given a chance or was he not given more of a chance because he simply didn't impress?

Last season he got an assist in the EFL Cup, but that was all in 11 further appearances. I get he is desperate for games, and I get why Man U would like him to play more, it just seems he's not lived up to his billing at all. Maybe he is about to, and we will be the lucky recipients, but it does feel like a gamble more on our side than the player's or Man U's.

Man U fans are campaigning for him to be given a go. But let's be straight here; they are doing this because they think Anthony is rubbish. They aren't doing it because Pellistri has a huge body of successful work behind him which is hard to ignore.

His international stats look far better with 5 assists in 12 matches which I would imagine can cause some unconscious bias to Vickery because this is where he will have witnessed him most notably. So, let's break that down further; 2 of those assists were against Nicaragua. They rank 141st in world football. To give some context, Faroe Islands rank 128th. They are sandwiched between Ethiopia and Burundi. He also managed 2 assists against Venezuela. It sounds better and is, but even they only rank 57th, one spot above Jamaica. So you're probably talking a couple of times he's had a brace of assists in 4-1 victories against teams of no more than League One or Two level. His other assist was against Mexico, ranking 12th in a 3-0 friendly win so kudos to him for that. Otherwise he drew blanks against Paraguay (49th), Peru (21st), Mexico (12th), USA (11th), Panama (45th), Iran (22nd), South Korea (28th), Portugal (9th), Ghana (60th) and Japan (20th).

I'm sure this comes across as a bit of a character assassination. It's not meant to be. It's more just to highlight this would be a punt. It's based on him having an impact, the nature of which he's never had before. I can't say the same for Balde who would feel a lot more proven to me as an option, not to mention a lot more physical.

Congratulations and many thanks for your most detailed and informative analysis of this lads career so far.

Having read it , I can hardly say that I would be broken hearted if he doesn’t join us . His record suggests that he may well be the type of player of which there have been many down the years , who are blessed with with exceptional abilities in certain respects but fail utilise these to produce an effective and positive end result .

The type of footballer who Dave Basset once memorably referred to as “ tanner ball players “ , a description which immediately struck a chord with many of us of a certain age .

In our present situation , I would suggest that any such player should be well down on our list of immediate requirements .

Breaking down what Vickery said into lamens terms, sounds to me that Vickery feels Pellistri would play better a tad more central rather than as an out and out winger, even tho Pellistri considers himself a winger.

The daft thing is, I think it would be absolutely great for all parties. Never going to happen though.
They have a genius policy: pay players far more than justified or necessary due to stupid vanity, so that when the time comes to offload them, they can't

Perfect club to sign for to rot while getting very rich. The best in the world. Henderson will surely agree

well pellistri has stated that he wants to fight for his place at man utd so its not a suprise hes not coming here think our 2 loans now will be mcatee and another lwb and that will be it till january

well pellistri has stated that he wants to fight for his place at man utd so its not a suprise hes not coming here think our 2 loans now will be mcatee and another lwb and that will be it till january
Wouldn’t disagree but I think everything will be thrown at getting a Balde, Akpom, Oriji type in cause it’s sounding like Brewster is the new JOC :confused:

Wouldn’t disagree but I think everything will be thrown at getting a Balde, Akpom, Oriji type in cause it’s sounding like Brewster is the new JOC :confused:
well those 3 have gone now by the look of things any thoughts on who hecky might go for along with mcatee 🤔

well those 3 have gone now by the look of things any thoughts on who hecky might go for along with mcatee 🤔
Looks that way, that’s why I said “type”. How many were on our long list? There might be a last minute loan who can’t see first team footy and club don’t want them sat ont bench that will take us by surprise

Did he say that?

Is this from the article where he said he trains hard and learns at Man Utd etc? Because in that article he didn't say anything about staying/not leaving.

Personally, I'd still prefer Chukwuemeka - IMHO he's a harder runner and would better link mid with att.

He didn't make the 18 v Chelsea although I'm not aware if he was available.

Back
Top Bottom