Outcome @ Transfer Window closing?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Takeover announced. Berge stays yet O'Brien and another also come in

EFL have to pay us Compo for wrongful charge. Bill Gates announced as new owner. Bank confirms £200m received in account. Wednesday get points deduction for their fans being cunts. Nurses get their pay rise. Russia surrenders to Ukraine. Lundstram banned for life for being a lazy Twat. Lee Hendrie outed a livestock botherer. Trump jailed. Kop reopened, Compass employ fully trained staff.

And before anyone kicks off, Berkshire Blade fucking started it.

What I cannot get my head round is how PA and the directors have allowed the club to get into such a financial mess with the cash flow. They must have prepared cash flow figures for the season surely? This must have included cash going out for transfer instalments. They knew what our income was and our outgoings (mainly wages) and were happy to finance the signing of Anel. So what has changed between now and then such that we are pushed into a situation where we cant pay an instalment and at virtually the last minute in trying to flog Berge? I would think the purchaser of the club has just walked away.

Excellent.

We've had various random phenomena stopping our progress in its tracks over the years. For example

1: The 2nd world war from 1939 to 1945 when we'd just been promoted to the top flight with a really good side.
After a few games in 1939 were in 2nd place in the top flight, then the league was abandoned for the next 6 years due to us declaring war on Germany.

2: Relegated on the final day of the Premier League in 1994 in remarkable circumstances.
Everton needed to win their last match at home to Wimbledon in order to stay up. They were losing 0-2 at half-time.
They eventually come back in the 2nd half to win 3-2 however they score a goal where the shot is almost directly at Hans Segars in the Wimbledon goal.
It looked an easy save but weirdly he dives over the top of the ball and it's a soft goal conceded.
A few years later Segers is found to be involved in match fixing and deliberately allowing some goals to be scored.

Note: I've just checked out this match on Youtube and the Everton 1st goal is a very soft penalty.

3: The Tevez affair. One of our rivals somehow being able to bring in 2 top international players on the cheap, it was a kind of mysterious loan fee, which eventuality was found to have broken the rules, which West Ham tried to cover up. Tevez scored the decisive goal to keep West Ham up and relegated us on goal difference.

4: Covid 19 virus hit when we were 8th in the Premier League, the ground being sold out every match whilst we were challenging for a European spot, then the league was temporarily suspended and no fans allowed at our stadium for the next 18 months. We went from a Champions League chasing team to bottom of the league.

So being forced to take legal action against the EFL when they tell us we can't sign anyone next season would be a new one to add to the list.
2.5: The Ched Evans saga. We're storming towards promotion from League 1, with a striker who just can't stop scoring. With a handful of games to go he is sent down, much to most people's surprise. It later transpires that he was innocent and shouldn't have been sent down at all!!!

And if we dont have the finances to lift the embargo and are suspended from transfers for 2 windows?
Not if we go up will only come into force if we come back down or when

Excellent.

We've had various random phenomena stopping our progress in its tracks over the years. For example

1: The 2nd world war from 1939 to 1945 when we'd just been promoted to the top flight with a really good side.
After a few games in 1939 were in 2nd place in the top flight, then the league was abandoned for the next 6 years due to us declaring war on Germany.

2: Relegated on the final day of the Premier League in 1994 in remarkable circumstances.
Everton needed to win their last match at home to Wimbledon in order to stay up. They were losing 0-2 at half-time.
They eventually come back in the 2nd half to win 3-2 however they score a goal where the shot is almost directly at Hans Segars in the Wimbledon goal.
It looked an easy save but weirdly he dives over the top of the ball and it's a soft goal conceded.
A few years later Segers is found to be involved in match fixing and deliberately allowing some goals to be scored.

Note: I've just checked out this match on Youtube and the Everton 1st goal is a very soft penalty.

3: The Tevez affair. One of our rivals somehow being able to bring in 2 top international players on the cheap, it was a kind of mysterious loan fee, which eventuality was found to have broken the rules, which West Ham tried to cover up. Tevez scored the decisive goal to keep West Ham up and relegated us on goal difference.

4: Covid 19 virus hit when we were 8th in the Premier League, the ground being sold out every match whilst we were challenging for a European spot, then the league was temporarily suspended and no fans allowed at our stadium for the next 18 months. We went from a Champions League chasing team to bottom of the league.

So being forced to take legal action against the EFL when they tell us we can't sign anyone next season would be a new one to add to the list.
On top of all these you can add things like our sale of players like Mick Jones, Alan Birchenall, Tony Currie, Brian Deane and Jan Aga Fjortoft - all a long time ago now but ingrained in the memory banks of oldies like me, sapping the confidence of Blades fans in our various Boards and perpetuating the history of our club's ability to shoot itself in the foot. In fact we have no feet left to shoot now when you read that catalogue of events. Just have to sit and wait for news. I long for the time when we can just wait to see who we will sign to strengthen the squad and only let go those who we want to let go!

As I see things there are two scenarios.
1. We sell Berge (hopefully NOT I'Diaye). The embargo is lifted. Meaning we can bring a replacement in. (If deal done in time).
2. We don't sell anyone and despite embargo we still have a squad capable of promotion.

Either way it still looks possible.

I understand the new owner would have an input on major decisions.

So put your business head on and imagine you are the new owner.
You're probably feeling happy because you feel you are buying a Premier League side at a good price.

Selling and buying players in this transfer window effects your asset/ investment.
So you do some home work and initially don't want any players to be sold
but if you're told we have a player who plays like a 15 million midfielder and a club want to buy him for 25 million, you say a good deal.
So you're interested in the sale but anyone with half a brain realises we need to bring in a replacement who is as good if not better
and also we are still 1 player down, with Khadra leaving, so ideally you'd want to bring in another player (total 2 players), so it keeps the odds in our favour.

Could be wrong but if you sell Berge and don't bring in a repayment it means either

1: A club or several clubs have done the dirty on us, promising to sell/loan their player with all the paperwork done then backing out at the last second or
2: The new owner doesn't have a clue what he's doing or has his hands tied by legal restrictions or
3: There is no new owner or the new owner is mucking about and considering backing out (which doesn't add up if they have already REPORTEDLY left a deposit)

The 3 options above are all very unlikely, so I've going with the logical resolution. If we do sell Berge with no replacement, then it would be incredible,
hard to believe and I'll be seriously concerned about the hard nosed callousness of our old owner and the incompetency of our new owner.

2.5: The Ched Evans saga. We're storming towards promotion from League 1, with a striker who just can't stop scoring. With a handful of games to go he is sent down, much to most people's surprise. It later transpires that he was innocent and shouldn't have been sent down at all!!!
3. A load of bollocks yes the Tevez issue was wrong and they weren't appropriately punished but we beat West Ham in February putting us 10 points clear of the relegation zone. From that point on we fell apart mainly thanks to our manager

3. A load of bollocks yes the Tevez issue was wrong and they weren't appropriately punished but we beat West Ham in February putting us 10 points clear of the relegation zone. From that point on we fell apart mainly thanks to our manager
Not necessarily bollocks (although I see your point).
West Ham cheated, they should have been docked points (the Premier League admitted as much, astonishingly) but weren't.
We went down as a direct result of that, as proven in court shortly after.
Or something :p

Gut feeling now, we lose no one ,we have Clark, Stephens, fleck, brewster and Norrington-Davis to come back at various times to help with the run-in. I think the offer from Fulham was well below 20 million and the Prince isn't selling on the cheep, look at Ramsdales transfer for evidence on that. Berge is happy, wants to stay at least till the end of the season and doesn't want to be pushed into a move against his will

Would it be worth asking Pep if we can extend the loans of Doyle and McAtee just in case we do get Umbongo'd for an entire Premier League season!

Yeh forgot that one ha ha
Now that is a totally bizarre way of how to damage your chances and mess up promotion.

We were even 2-0 up in the penalty shoot-out about to take our 3rd penalty to go 3-0 up.
I was in shock and thought "score this and even we can't mess up a 3-0 lead in a penalty shoot out" but of course we missed and lost 8-7 on penalties

Sander heads to newcastle to sign, gets pissed with gazza and falls off a bridge singing "Fog on the Tyne" before he puts pen to paper. Injured ear drum sees the deal off.
O'Brien get's into fisties withMcburnie and both die.
We go into admin and sell the prince to the cannibals of Sentinal Island and they give him a right gobbling.
Putin nukes the antiques quarter and wind carries fall out onto the desso.
There's other stuff too, but i don't want to put a downer on things.

Are you even really a Blade? You sound too positive! 😉

No need to sell any player. The embargo will be paid back in Feb.no need to worry.
Winning run to continue and Promotion will be Achieved.

If you see an helicopter flying over Hillsborough tonight on transfer deadline day, it's just the Police chasing a knicked motor from Parson Cross.
Screenshot_2023-01-31-18-48-15-403-edit_com.twitter.android.jpg

Back
Top Bottom