Outcome @ Transfer Window closing?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely any transfer business will have to be agreed by the new owner.

Berge out for 15/20 Mill

Obrien in with a view to a permanent if we go up

I like berge but I don’t think it will ever work here for him properly

We go with what we’ve got…………Bogle Nose injury’s, back on grass soon

So - whats your prediction .

FWIW -

Sander gone
No one in

What you think?

Not are why people are still predicting doom and gloom. Are Blades so paranoid that they think a new owner would spend millions to acquire us, then deliberately try to get us relegated so he loses millions each year. Stupid question because some are mentally scarred so the answer is yes, the new owner will be a nut job.

The fact is.... Berge can't be sold unless there's a replacement brought in, otherwise we risk losing out on promotion and that makes zero sense.

Mark my words.....If Sander goes then it means we've already agreed a deal to bring in a decent midfielder
plus possibly one other.

Not are why people are still predicting doom and gloom. Are Blades so paranoid that they think a new owner would spend millions to acquire us, then deliberately try to get us relegated so he loses millions each year. Stupid question because some are mentally scarred so the answer is yes.

The fact is Berge can't be sold unless there's a replacement brought in, otherwise we risk losing out on promotion and that makes zero sense.

Mark my words.....If Sander goes then it means we've already agreed a deal to bring in a decent midfielder
plus possibly one other.
Yup - mentally scarred and paranoid when it comes to Utd - oh , and why is it a fact that SB cant be sold unless there's a replacement brought in ?

personally would like another striker to come in as well as o brien but think if we do bring 2 in its likely to be an attacking right sided midfielder to replace khadra

50 po
So - whats your prediction .

FWIW -

Sander gone
No one in

What you think?

Going to have to avoid this place if this happens and we lose to Rotherham on Saturday! 🤣

Have we got new owners?? Gone a bit quiet on that front and might explain why the current owner is going down the sell to raise route......

Surely any transfer business will have to be agreed by the new owner.
There isn't one but the fax machines fucked either way. We can make a video of how hard it is to run a football club and how difficult it is to sign players like we did that time with wilder - even though its bread and butter to every other club .

Not are why people are still predicting doom and gloom. Are Blades so paranoid that they think a new owner would spend millions to acquire us, then deliberately try to get us relegated so he loses millions each year. Stupid question because some are mentally scarred so the answer is yes, the new owner will be a nut job.

The fact is.... Berge can't be sold unless there's a replacement brought in, otherwise we risk losing out on promotion and that makes zero sense.

plus possibly one other.
Your post makes perfect sense. Whether that is what actually happens is another question entirely.

It’s the Sheffield United way to monumentally fail.

1F131BA3-D4B2-4C90-8365-7C54FBB7A198.jpeg

Yup - mentally scarred and paranoid when it comes to Utd - oh , and why is it a fact that SB cant be sold unless there's a replacement brought in ?

I understand the new owner would have an input on major decisions.

So put your business head on and imagine you are the new owner.
You're probably feeling happy because you feel you are buying a Premier League side at a good price.

Selling and buying players in this transfer window effects your asset/ investment.
So you do some home work and initially don't want any players to be sold
but if you're told we have a player who plays like a 15 million midfielder and a club want to buy him for 25 million, you say a good deal.
So you're interested in the sale but anyone with half a brain realises we need to bring in a replacement who is as good if not better
and also we are still 1 player down, with Khadra leaving, so ideally you'd want to bring in another player (total 2 players), so it keeps the odds in our favour.

Could be wrong but if you sell Berge and don't bring in a repayment it means either

1: A club or several clubs have done the dirty on us, promising to sell/loan their player with all the paperwork done then backing out at the last second or
2: The new owner doesn't have a clue what he's doing or has his hands tied by legal restrictions or
3: There is no new owner or the new owner is mucking about and considering backing out (which doesn't add up if they have already REPORTEDLY left a deposit)

The 3 options above are all very unlikely, so I've going with the logical resolution. If we do sell Berge with no replacement, then it would be incredible,
hard to believe and I'll be seriously concerned about the hard nosed callousness of our old owner and the incompetency of our new owner.

Last edited:

You're probably feeling happy because you feel you are buying a Premier League side at a good price.

Selling and buying players in this transfer window effects your asset/ investment.
but if you're told we have a player who plays like a 15 million midfielder and a club want to buy him for 25 million, you say a good deal.
So you're interested in the sale but anyone with half a brain realises we need to bring in a replacement who is as good if not better
and also we are still 1 player down, with Khadra leaving, so ideally you'd want to bring in another player (total 2 players), so it keeps the odds in our favour.

Could be wrong but if you sell Berge and don't bring in a repayment it means either

1: A club or several clubs have done the dirty on us, promising to sell/loan their player with all the paperwork done then backing out at the last second or
2: The new owner doesn't have a clue what he's doing or has his hands tied by legal restrictions or
3: There is no new owner or the new owner is mucking about and considering backing out.

The 3 options above are all very unlikely, so I've going with the logical resolution. If we do sell Berge with no replacement, then it would be incredible,
hard to believe and I'll be seriously concerned about the hard nosed callousness of our old owner and the incompetency of our new owner.
Hope you're right BTW

But business acumen and common sense hasn't played much part in Utd` s history TBH

1: A club or several clubs have done the dirty on us, promising to sell/loan their player then backing out at the last second or
3: There is no new owner or the new owner is playing around considering backing out.

I think we are selling Berge because we have to, and there is no other way of raising the money to end the embargo and pay the bills until the takeover is completed.
Whether we get anyone else in to bolster our squad for the run-in is neither here nor there.
If we don't sell Sander in this window that simply means he has refused to move to any of the prospective buyers.
And then we really could have a problem if we're hit with a proper embargo lasting several windows.

I think we are selling Berge because we have to, and there is no other way of raising the money to end the embargo and pay the bills until the takeover is completed.
Whether we get anyone else in to bolster our squad for the run-in is neither here nor there.
If we don't sell Sander in this window that simply means he has refused to move to any of the prospective buyers.
And then we really could have a problem if we're hit with a proper embargo lasting several windows.
I think it’s exactly this.
I’d be very surprised if we get anyone in.

If we don’t resolve the embargo within 30 days of it being put in place then we will have a transfer ban for two more windows - which would be a disaster. ( https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...t-time-to-avoid-extended-transfer-ban-4001354 )

I suspect the takeover is still happening but won’t be completed in time and Sander is the sacrificial lamb to pay the bills now and avoid the long-term consequences. Given our league position it’s very unlikely to affect our promotion chances and has been calculated as the least likely move to damage the long-term health of the club.

If it doesn’t go through in time or Sander really doesn’t want to go - options are limited. A potential bank loan, or perhaps trying to persuade the prospective new owners to put in the money before the deal goes through.
But for me - this is all calculated to try to avoid the long term transfer ban. Be a disaster to be promoted and not be able to buy anybody.

Sander gone, still not out of the shit, so can't sign anybody

Last minute undisclosed offer for Illiman that was too good to turn down but mysteriously still isn't good enough to get us out of the shit

Berge goes, money mysteriously never makes it to the allocated EFL account but we get told it’s a bank error and we have to suck it up or claim on the insurance.

No money, no Sander, no replacement and still under embargo.

Berge - sold
Illiman - sold
Jebbo - sold

Incoming back from loan - Peck it's the Sheff Utd way ...... UTB

Back
Top Bottom