Osula, Brooks & Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osula is nowhere near the level required for league 1 football. Don’t really get the massive wankathon over him.
Brooks has looked ok in parts but needs a league 1 loan. His awareness and decision making is miles off it.
Arblaster, no ide but looked ok tonight.

I’m not one for having an opinion on a player without watching them like a lot of people do.

If they do start to see more game time they’ll need understanding and support. They’ll be going into a bad side with senior pros who aren’t going to be in a position to help them out representing a club that seems to be in turmoil. They’ll be inconsistent make mistakes and have bad games. I hope we don’t get on their backs and everyone’s frustrations are directed at those responsible for this situation not some young lads who no matter what will be giving it everything.
Agree Yogi!
That is the danger of bringing in young players.
Wilder has to find the players that are up for this and they may not be the best squad players.
Young players need the help of senior players which is a worry since confidence couldn't get lower than it is.
The 1st team squad is in
turmoil ! The development squads are doing really well ,harnessing them to a
Squad of players which now is amongst the worst ever premiership teams will be difficult,young players can easily lose there way and that can destroy what has been achieved over the years.
Wilder knows this and will be careful how he integrates a few.
Young players jumping from academy football to premiership is a big one we have to take that on board and not be critical as that is counter productive.

Makes me laugh when people say the academy players look like they have poor decision making skills. The whole squad does! I would sooner play someone with potential to develop these skills who is young and eager, over someone who’s half arsed and on a fortune.

A big problem last night was having nobody who could run in behind. You simply can't do that in the PL. Arsenal were pushing centre backs on and overloading the flanks because they knew we had absolutely nothing on the break. A ball over the top or two from us and a team will naturally drop and leave men to occupy that outlet. There was no risk factor for them.

Osula made a positive difference and we had five or six decent counters as a result. A few came from good pressing situations which was a result, or part result, of Osula's mobility. The management made a massive mistake not starting Osborn and Osula. They also should've got somebody to shadow Odegaard. They were picking on Trusty by constantly overloading that side with Odegaard. They could've had five goals in the first 20 minutes from the same basic move.They didn't just target the obvious weakness, they numerically destroyed him.

The youngsters need integrating but not in a way that will damage them going forwards. There's a massive lack of leadership and character there now, particularly with no Basham or Baldock. It's a balancing act now between integrating them and not destroying their confidence in this lily livered team.

Fuck me, the level of cuntitude in this thread.
Osuala is garbage
Brooks should be on loan

You know they may not turn out to be great, but they are being thrown into an absolute shit show of a team, by a manager who looks increasingly broken and playing against some of the best players in the world, and you are judging them on that?
I don't believe anyone expects them to come in and look like prime Ronaldo or Foden, but FFS give them the benefit of the doubt and a bit of time before writing them off.

Mmmmm who’d a thunk it eh? Arblaster competing well in the Premier League. No surely not, needs a season in’t first division to teach him men’s football. Fuck me.
He played for 35 minutes in a game the opposition being 6-0 up used as a training session not a competitive premier league game

Fuck me, the level of cuntitude in this thread.
Osuala is garbage
Brooks should be on loan

You know they may not turn out to be great, but they are being thrown into an absolute shit show of a team, by a manager who looks increasingly broken and playing against some of the best players in the world, and you are judging them on that?
I don't believe anyone expects them to come in and look like prime Ronaldo or Foden, but FFS give them the benefit of the doubt and a bit of time before writing them off.

This is the danger of integrating them now. You could get meat heads turning on the kids when we need them next season.

Osula is pacey and strong but limited in ability. We need better. Arblaster at least showed for the ball and didn't give it away in his cameo. Brooks could be decent given time.
In Osula's defence he did more last night than McBurnie did both had a thankless task received the ball not one Blades player at the side or up front of them. I think the lad has a future but needs players around him.

Brooks and Arblaster should start most games between now and the end of the season. I was in the 'you don't want to damage them in this environment' camp but they are genuinely better than the ones who start most weeks and definitely put more graft in. Osula should play a fair bit aswell.

In Osula's defence he did more last night than McBurnie did both had a thankless task received the ball not one Blades player at the side or up front of them. I think the lad has a future but needs players around him.
Yes a difficult task last night agreed but I was basing my opinion on what I've seen previously. Let's the ball get away from him when running with it leading to him being easily tackled. His shooting is appalling, not unlike Mcburnie but strangely has a decent overhead kick in his locker. I have nothing against the lad and wish him success, I just don't see it based on what he's shown thus far.

Osula is nowhere near the level required for league 1 football. Don’t really get the massive wankathon over him.
Brooks has looked ok in parts but needs a league 1 loan. His awareness and decision making is miles off it.
Arblaster, no ide but looked ok tonight.

I’m not one for having an opinion on a player without watching them like a lot of people do.
I'm curious: what happens in League One? Seems the hard of thinking round these parts wants every one of our young players to go there to get better? I only ask as my 12 year old needs to get better, so wondering if i send him there, if he'll get better?

The only League One i remember was a desolate quagmire full of cloggers, hoofers and shit football.

Not sure how sending our youngsters to that place is going to improve their athleticism, agility and technical ability - which we've seen you need to be successful at the top level of football ....

I do understand wanting to play the kids. They actually look like they care as opposed to a load of old pros, most who know they won’t be here next season.

Also if we’ve got any hope for the future, it’s these players. We’re not gaining anything from investing time in McAtee or Archer or Brereton-Diaz because we know they’re going.

Having said that, I really do fear for the consequences of playing them. Most of these players have no experience at this level. You’re now throwing them in against some of the best players in the world, in a dismal atmosphere, with the glare of the national press on them. You can already see in this thread how some are willing to write them off if they’re not instantly great.

They’re almost certainly going to lose most games. They’re probably going to lose heavily in some matches. That’s a lot to put on a young players shoulders.

I also have my doubts about how much we can trust Wilder to protect them. He can turn on players when things are going badly. I’d like to think he wouldn’t with the youngsters, but if he’s under fire and we keep doing this badly, it’s a worry.

We’re down these season, we know that. I’d like to see the youngsters get more game time, but, like I said, they’re the only cause we have for hope at the moment and starting them for the rest of the season feels a bit like throwing them under the bus.

If however they are to be our future then I suggest we decide what is our future style of play and find a good club in Europe that plays a similar style and loan out the best 5 or 6 of our youngsters to that club for a half season.

This would give them better competetive football than the under 23's but keep them to together so that they can develop in a 'man's league'
Which European club do you think would take 6 of our youngsters and play them every game?

Which European club do you think would take 6 of our youngsters and play them every game?
Good question. I never really believed there is a club out there but my emotions were running high last night after watching that debacle.

I hope youth is a way forward for us but question if Wilder has had any real experience or passion for the development of the young players.

It was a feeling of get them away from the toxic atmosphere but not send them out on loan to random individual clubs. Keep them together

They might not be PL players yet. But at least they looked mobile and as if they gave a fuck. And we didn’t concede with the three of them on the pitch.

I'd be very, very surprised if all three are still at the club at the start of next season. The new contracts are nothing to do with building a team for the future, they're about getting a few more quid for them when other clubs come knocking.

I'd be very, very surprised if all three are still at the club at the start of next season. The new contracts are nothing to do with building a team for the future, they're about getting a few more quid for them when other clubs come knocking.

Laughable that, you are very much someone who is being negative for negatives sake.

Those lads have all have agents and could have not signed a new deal at all, leaving for free.

Agreed 100%
Question is will Wilder's ego prevent him stepping aside for the sake of the club,with his stubborn insisistence on proving a point.
I do wonder sometimes if he's too emotionally invested to be effective.
Playing the young uns makes sense going forward but they need better than we have all round them for their growth and progress.
We ain't getting off this rollercoaster anytime soon🙄💩

These lads for me need to supplement more experienced players next season. They shouldn't be the ones to be relied upon week in week out.

I think they all have good potential but I think it's unrealistic, and unfair tbh, to expect them to be the major contributors.

Then we'll sell them!

If they get a run of games now (which is what CW intimated) and impress/do ok/hold their own then clubs will be circling in the summer and as usual we'll be powerless to resist any offers. Any money we get for them will then be soaked up into paying for the running of the club.

Question is will Wilder's ego prevent him stepping aside for the sake of the club,with his stubborn insisistence on proving a point.
I do wonder sometimes if he's too emotionally invested to be effective.
Playing the young uns makes sense going forward but they need better than we have all round them for their growth and progress.
We ain't getting off this rollercoaster anytime soon🙄💩
He'll not manage another premiership club, so he's here till we sack him imo

Laughable that, you are very much someone who is being negative for negatives sake.

Those lads have all have agents and could have not signed a new deal at all, leaving for free.
Tbf we got David Brooks on a new contract and sold him. I have no issues with it if we use that money to build a side like we did off the back of selling Brooks who was obviously talented but due to illness and injury and his youth not yet a key member of the side

I’ve see enough of those 3 to say they’ll be be just fine in the Championship next season
I hope your right but we haven’t seen them play in the championship.

Then when you say they’ll be just fine? That doesn’t sound like a top 2 promotion push which is what is needed in 2 years.

Osula has scored against Tourquay / Accrington / Bristol Rovers and Brighton in his whole career. He needs a LG1 loan like Arblaster. I am happy for him to be in and around the first team as a sub. But that would mean we aren’t serious about going up.

2/3 years time with the right loan moves has the potential to be a top level championship goalscorer but right now he’s a million miles away from it.

I want to see them all play this weekend as I would rather see them try and improve here and gain some experience but they cannot be starting for a team that’s going for promotion to the PL.

Bladezz, I’m certain all 3 will continue to get exposure in the first team this season and it will continue at Bournemouth, all in preparation for next season.

Come the start of next season, I believe those 3 along with one or two other academy lads, will form part of the first team squad. Why do I think that? Well because CW has vaguely alluded to it when talking about OA and I believe it doesn’t take much to realise there’ll be sweet FA to spend next season anyway and therefore reliance on the players coming through will never have been more so.

Get ready for a mass clear out a) because some of them just aren’t cutting it and b) because we can’t afford them

All in my humble opinion of course 🙂

Back
Top Bottom