One week to go...(Predictions for Bolton Away)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I will go and it will remind me why I don't like BWFC. That awful soulless shitty bowl in the middle of a fucking retail park.

God knows about the score, first day innit so anyone's guess..

Mmm. I think last time we got a player sent off on our opening game away to the potential champions it didn't end well.
We played well at Cardiff that day. Blackwell got sacked after the next league game to QPR which in effect led us to relegation.The football under Blackwell was shit and he should have been sacked at the end of the previous season but to sack him when we did when he had brought his own players in was bizarre to say then least

2-0 Bolton - despite their relegations they've got Premiership/Championship experience

Hopefully we bounce back with our two home games, both winnable

We played well at Cardiff that day. Blackwell got sacked after the next league game to QPR which in effect led us to relegation.The football under Blackwell was shit and he should have been sacked at the end of the previous season but to sack him when we did when he had brought his own players in was bizarre to say then least
Yes, I saw it. Allowing a manager to spend a lot of money bringing players and then sacking them soon after is rarely a good idea.

Blades 2 Bolton 1 Billy with the first midway through the first half. Equaliser from somewhere outside the box around the hour mark. Clark just about to get replaced by DCL around the 70 minute mark fires in the winner.

Seriously?

Yeah. We have had these 'oooh, great signings - look at the team - we are going UP!' moments before. IN fact, much of the last seven seasons have heralded this easily punctured optimism in July/early August only for us to be proven sadly lightweight in the areas that matter right from back to front. None of them look or sound like the part. Unless Wilder has some sort of clever plan to gel it all together, I don't see us even getting lose to the top seven, which of course will result in his predictable sacking come next May.

Happy to be proven wrong, mind.

pommpey

Yeah. We have had these 'oooh, great signings - look at the team - we are going UP!' moments before. IN fact, much of the last seven seasons have heralded this easily punctured optimism in July/early August only for us to be proven sadly lightweight in the areas that matter right from back to front. None of them look or sound like the part. Unless Wilder has some sort of clever plan to gel it all together, I don't see us even getting lose to the top seven, which of course will result in his predictable sacking come next May.

Happy to be proven wrong, mind.

pommpey

Duffy, Fleck, Clarke, Hussey and O'Connel all look the part in my opinion and have good records at this level . Not only that but they are all vast improvements on the players who occupied the same positions previously. Wilson and Wright I am not yet sure about but surely they can't be any worse than Collins as 2nd CB? We still need 2 or 3 more signings but already we have a better team and a much more motivated manager. By that reasoning we should do much better than we have in the last 2 seasons.

I am not saying that we are the finished article yet but the signings so far have given me cause for optimism. Bolton could of course knock all that put of me next Saturday.

2-0 them.

A midfield containing Basham and at least one of Coutts and the scrappy midgets will create nothing.

Long will gift them at least one goal.

It will become obvious we will need one more good centre back. We will not have signed one, despite Adams' departure.

well there's a feeling of hope and excitement we will find hard to match
you forgot the bus wlll break down , we will get fined for being late and docked 3 points

well there's a feeling of hope and excitement we will find hard to match
you forgot the bus wlll break down , we will get fined for being late and docked 3 points

I always hope we will win.

But I don't think we will win.

We go there with a freshened up , leaner squad
Theres a nice feel about the group mentality and belief
we wont god forbid do what we did last season ,look like startled rabbits in headlights
Id take a draw here but we might just pinch it

Bolton arent used to winning at home of late, they have far more gremlins to overcome than we have

we wont god forbid do what we did last season ,look like startled rabbits in headlights

Bolton arent used to winning at home of late, they have far more gremlins to overcome than we have

What's your prediction this year then?

Let's see....46 times 3 is 138.

You going for 125 points? 130?

And all 3 cups?

Please tell me you're not predicting promotion, because if you are that will finish us.

Think we are on the right track, not certain we are 100% there , yet!!! Settle for a draw, now praying to all the god's, to avoid a "Gillingham".

Bolton are in turmoil no mon ey for signings ,got to get shut of players to pay the wages , let's go there and rip them a new one . utb

Duffy, Fleck, Clarke, Hussey and O'Connel all look the part in my opinion and have good records at this level . Not only that but they are all vast improvements on the players who occupied the same positions previously. Wilson and Wright I am not yet sure about but surely they can't be any worse than Collins as 2nd CB? We still need 2 or 3 more signings but already we have a better team and a much more motivated manager. By that reasoning we should do much better than we have in the last 2 seasons.

I am not saying that we are the finished article yet but the signings so far have given me cause for optimism. Bolton could of course knock all that put of me next Saturday.

I'm not saying we aren't better - we possibly are. Marginally. You'd have to go a long way to be as bad as we were last season. Clarke is a good signing but even as speculative posts suggest on here - where do you play him with Sharp? Both men are proven goalscorers, but they can't do all of this on their own. They need penetrating supply from central midfield and in Clarke's case, some pretty accurate wingplay and crosses into the box. We also have to dominate the centre of the park (somewhere where Basham has serially failed to show anything like the requirement yet he appears on everyone's wish list) and the central defence still fails to convince me it is anything of the like we had with Jags, Morgan, Maguire, Murphs, Killa etc.

pommpey

I'm not saying we aren't better - we possibly are. Marginally. You'd have to go a long way to be as bad as we were last season. Clarke is a good signing but even as speculative posts suggest on here - where do you play him with Sharp? Both men are proven goalscorers, but they can't do all of this on their own. They need penetrating supply from central midfield and in Clarke's case, some pretty accurate wingplay and crosses into the box. We also have to dominate the centre of the park (somewhere where Basham has serially failed to show anything like the requirement yet he appears on everyone's wish list) and the central defence still fails to convince me it is anything of the like we had with Jags, Morgan, Maguire, Murphs, Killa etc.

pommpey

Completely agree about the areas we are still lacking mate. Been saying for a while that we still need a box to box CM, a tricky LW, an experienced GK and maybe another CB, in that order.

Completely agree about the areas we are still lacking mate. Been saying for a while that we still need a box to box CM, a tricky LW, an experienced GK and maybe another CB, in that order.

Some on here still seem to believe we have the money to make those signings. I think we are done with signings. No one else will be coming in and everything has been done on the fairly cheap, once again.

The only way things can change is inside the minds of the players and off the pitch.

Mark my words, once McCabe finally goes, it will be like lighting the blue touchpaper under United.

pommpey

Bolton are in turmoil no mon ey for signings ,got to get shut of players to pay the wages , let's go there and rip them a new one . utb
Yet they still managed to sign Beevers while we were fucking about having a McFadzean wank fest which brings us nicely to the realisation that we still have huge holes in our team one of which Beevers could have filled. When you look at it we still haven't replaced Maguire or Murphy and we still have that huge hole in midfield, add to that we have a suspect goalkeeper and you can see why only the most deluded or optimistic fans think we have a promotion winning team at the moment.

What's your prediction this year then?

Let's see....46 times 3 is 138.

You going for 125 points? 130?

And all 3 cups?

Please tell me you're not predicting promotion, because if you are that will finish us.
Depends how we gel
.most optimidtic Ive been for years.said last 3 years wed make play offs .should have done last year on paper with Adkins .who was to know he was s spent force
We are well positioned to have a tilt at the top 2 .will go with 4th but if we get in 2 more maybe higher

Depends how we gel
.most optimidtic Ive been for years.said last 3 years wed make play offs .should have done last year on paper with Adkins .who was to know he was s spent force
We are well positioned to have a tilt at the top 2 .will go with 4th but if we get in 2 more maybe higher

Good to see the old BTL back. But are you posting from the trampoline again?

Beevers who wants thst wank stain.stop making out weve missed out on the big useless toss bag .rather have kept hammond,.on a par

Prediction of 1-2 GL plays out of his skin! Saves all long range punts! Back 4 manage any threat posed by Bolton who field a team of players big n strong who can kick but have no skill or forsight! Midfield boss the trotters and Billy and his marauders demoralise their back 4!

Sure we're all hoping it can't be any worse than last season. 5-0 Bolton win

Back
Top Bottom