Nuno santo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder would instantly improve performances and that’s all I’m bothered about.

Don’t mind us being relegated as long as we go down fighting and there’s some tactics with everyone being played to their strengths giving their best.

However I’m not sure if Wilder is the long term answer. I’d be happy giving Wilder 1.5 seasons and see what happens.

Forget our results under Hecky, last seasons performances were consistently unconvincing and this season results haven’t been too bad but the performances have been shockingly bad.

I watch us and I can never work out what we’re trying to do. Also we look miles off even Championship standard, it’s concerning.
Wilder would be a huge backward step. Even as a stopgap. We need to be planning for the future, he’s the past.

Wilder would be a huge backward step. Even as a stopgap. We need to be planning for the future, he’s the past.
We can't plan for the future when the owner wants to sell. If we sack Hecky no long term type manager would touch us

He's just become available,I'd seriously consider going and see if he fancys a punt with us,because although I'm not a hecky hater I do seriously think he can't take us any further and he's not getting the best out of the players,just my opinion though..
Great suggestion, many many reasons why it wouldn’t happen sadly

Perhaps we could try the same trick we pulled with Slav and tell him we've got money.
You know how Penn and Teller used to show you how tricks work? Well it’s a bit like that, everyone knows we haven’t a pot to piss in….

The Prince has a shortlist of 5 players should he decide to replace Hecky:

1. Wilder
2. Wilder
3. Wilder
4. Wilder
5. Wilder

😆

I seriously reckon both regret that it ended and should the opportunity arise they will bring him back.

Not ITK at all, just putting together 2+2. Him voluntarily speaking fondly of Chris in interview, mentioning them having meetings and didn’t Chris stay at his house when in the US at some point?
When he stayed did he leave through the back door then too….

We can't plan for the future when the owner wants to sell. If we sack Hecky no long term type manager would touch us
Actually, you can. The plan for the future assumes no change in ownership and working within the currently projected budgets. Given the quality of our academy there are very few ambitious up & coming managers who would turn us down.

Wilder would instantly improve performances and that’s all I’m bothered about.

Don’t mind us being relegated as long as we go down fighting and there’s some tactics with everyone being played to their strengths giving their best.

However I’m not sure if Wilder is the long term answer. I’d be happy giving Wilder 1.5 seasons and see what happens.

Forget our results under Hecky, last seasons performances were consistently unconvincing and this season results haven’t been too bad but the performances have been shockingly bad.

I watch us and I can never work out what we’re trying to do. Also we look miles off even Championship standard, it’s concerning.
“Wilder would instantly improve performances and that’s all I’m bothered about”

Are you guaranteeing that?

Doesn’t seem you watched us in Wilder PL2? Because it’s more or less the same as now. A manager who is incapable of changing tactics.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Steve Cooper wasn’t sacked before too long. The Forest owner is bonkers and trigger happy, he will expect more from all the investment he’s put in. Cooper would be my choice in an ideal world.
I don't actually like Cooper in the way of his personality. I've heard from one or two journos who say hes hard work.

That said he's done well at where he's been. Despite forest having a pretty good squad to go up with and the vast amounts of money thrown since they've gone up.

We should have appointed Cooper summer of 2021.
I believe Wilder gave that recommendation to the board upon his departure.

Obviously the objective of promotion back to the PL has now been achieved under Hecky.
But obviously questions are now being asked despite the poor transfer planning and funds this summer.

Actually, you can. The plan for the future assumes no change in ownership and working within the currently projected budgets. Given the quality of our academy there are very few ambitious up & coming managers who would turn us down.
What quality? It's not among the elite. If 2 or 3 establish themselves over 5 years that's a successful spell

Any manager coming in to "use the youth" while also obviously aware the owner wants out is doomed. That's code for not spending. That's not how success is going happen unfortunately. No decent prospect of a manager will want that

What quality? It's not among the elite. If 2 or 3 establish themselves over 5 years that's a successful spell

Any manager coming in to "use the youth" while also obviously aware the owner wants out is doomed. That's code for not spending. That's not how success is going happen unfortunately. No decent prospect of a manager will want that
My thoughts here are that I don't think you understand how the club is generally regarded in the football world. The answer to that is "highly". I know this from regular conversations with various people at different clubs. So I think you are underselling us more than a bit.

My thoughts here are that I don't think you understand how the club is generally regarded in the football world. The answer to that is "highly". I know this from regular conversations with various people at different clubs. So I think you are underselling us more than a bit.
Having a academy that produces established ( ie not just making up places on the bench) players every season is rare. Having a few every few years IS highly successful. It should be in addition to our plans not the main one at championship level Especially with parachute payments

Having a academy that produces established ( ie not just making up places on the bench) players every season is rare. Having a few every few years IS highly successful. It should be in addition to our plans not the main one at championship level Especially with parachute payments
I'm talking about the club generally, not just the academy. If you think we wouldn't be able to attract a high calibre of candidate you are a long way wide of the mark.

The Hassenhuttl suggestions are baffling. Austrian Nigel Adkins.
I think the suggestions are based on the fact when at Southampton he operated at similar sized club in terms of fan base. He was also key to developing players from the academy into the 1st team which again is a similar link, or at least what we want to achieve here. He also did well apart from the couple of hammerings and eventual relegation (although he was sacked by then) in keeping them in the Premier League for longer than a season, he gave them 3 seasons of his own Premier League plus saving them in his first months in charge, or fuck it may as well go with it they play in Red & White too.

Although wages well out of our league he was on £6million there, probably be best spending that elsewhere or at least dividing it up.

I'm talking about the club generally, not just the academy. If you think we wouldn't be able to attract a high calibre of candidate you are a long way wide of the mark.
Considering we got Slav with 2 years of premier League money + parachute payments coming I envy your optimism on this one!

I agree. The way I see it, most clubs are financially fucked anyway. We’re currently in the PL and to most will seem financially stable for the next 2 or 3 years with requirements to cut our cloth.

There are much worse assignments for up and coming managers. It’s the established PL chequebook managers who will avoid us and that’s not a bad thing.

I agree. The way I see it, most clubs are financially fucked anyway. We’re currently in the PL and to most will seem financially stable for the next 2 or 3 years with requirements to cut our cloth.

There are much worse assignments for up and coming managers. It’s the established PL chequebook managers who will avoid us and that’s not a bad thing.

I think the proof will ultimately be in the pudding. I’m managing my expectations accordingly - if you’re an ascending manager it’s about timing if you move and the club having momentum. Appreciate the comparative riches the parachute payments gives us, but we’re coming into the biggest rebuild for 7 or 8 years with so many players out of contract. And we aren’t currently recruiting efficiently or effectively.

If you’re a manager who wants to get a team promoted and then have a crack at competing in the Premier League, we can’t offer the latter right now. Maybe this seasons capitulation on all fronts has left me jaundiced, but I think a lot of what is going on at the club would give an ascending, ambitious young manager pause for thought.

Back
Top Bottom