Norwood’s Shirt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If (IF) he’s been told he’s going in the JTW, this is probably his last ever premier league game

That would definitely be a decent reason to get the shirt if your opponent, possibly the best midfielder in the world, to frame alongside your own shirt from your last game

Just playing devil’s advocate.

Last edited:
As much as Norwood has dipped in terms of form and performances since early last season, he’s been available, wanted to play and worked hard when he’s played.

He’s just not good enough,

The vitriolic remarks are astounding.

I get annoyed with the likes of Fleck and Stevens, who fell off a cliff and then were just permanently injured but Norwood is a similar player to how he always has been, he’s just slower and less mobile than the modern PL requires him to be.

GLTTL if and when he moves on. Top professional for me and more than entitled to ask for the shirt of a top player as he nears the end of his PL career.
Absolutely. The state of some of the supposedly 'grown ups' who are getting in a tizz over this!!

What about boxers hugging after (literally) trying to kill one another for 40mins?

With all that's gone on at the club since we've won promotion, this is the thing that boils people's piss, then fuck me, people really are hard of thinking.

Some undeserved comments here, but that was the first thing I thought as well, a bit cringey.

Wonder why Rodri didn't swap with him though, but what did Norwood say to him when asking for the shirt as some have said he might have good reason so I'm not saying anything negative because it might be for some poor kid in hospital for all we know, then I'm sure some would like to retract what they've said, is it not impossible it's a selfless act?

Again It also might just be that Norwood wants a few keepsakes from a division he "probably" won't play in after this season, hes hardly got a cabinet of medals to look back on..

Wouldn't surprise me if Wilder had Grealish's shirt when they got on the bus, just sayin!

Massive overreactions on here with regards to ‘shirt begging’…first things first - he shouldn’t have done it on the pitch…
However, Oli has been an incredible servant to the club and was key to the best times in our history (imo). This cuts him plenty of slack and should exclude him from some of the vitriol posted. He just isn’t, and never has been, PL standard.
I wonder what CW said to him, taking into consideration he has disappeared up Peps arse over the last week……

1a
Foody it’s nothing to do with Norwood’s standard of play it’s the fact he went chasing Rodri for his shirt as soon as the whistle was blown. Go over to the Blade fans first and show your appreciation. You can go and arse lick Rodri out of view of everybody off the pitch. It just wasn’t a very classy thing to do in my opinion
Exactly that ! City used 16 players so that means 16 possibilities to claim one up the tunnel.
Not being subordinate in front of 50 thousand fans .
If I was there I would have been furious.
And if he was captain that makes it even worse it sends out the wrong message whether he has a young son or not.

Some undeserved comments here, but that was the first thing I thought as well, a bit cringey.

Wonder why Rodri didn't swap with him though, but what did Norwood say to him when asking for the shirt as some have said he might have good reason so I'm not saying anything negative because it might be for some poor kid in hospital for all we know, then I'm sure some would like to retract what they've said, is it not impossible it's a selfless act?

Again It also might just be that Norwood wants a few keepsakes from a division he "probably" won't play in after this season, hes hardly got a cabinet of medals to look back on..

Wouldn't surprise me if Wilder had Grealish's shirt when they got on the bus, just sayin!
What happens behind closed doors is something else! not in front of 50,000 fans and a large television ordience.
I think Wilder will think the same!! It was pathetic!!

Ronaldo & Messi both have framed shirt collections, would you like to tell them they're embarrassing too?
Hi Stegosaurus here

No because they don't play like pansies, go begging for a shirt and have the other player refuse theirs because he's a nobody.

What did he think Rodri was gonna do with it? Hang it next to his Messi, Mbappe and Virgo Van Dyke shirts? Bit like parking a Skoda next to your Lamborghini

What happens behind closed doors is something else! not in front of 50,000 fans and a large television ordience.
I think Wilder will think the same!! It was pathetic!!

Oh I understand your sentiments, I dont know what he wanted it for, if it was a selfless thing I'm certain he wouldn't have had to run straight over to claim it, as the rest of the team would leave well alone..

I'm not condemning anybodys opinion you're well within your rights, I agree it was odd seeing him take a shirt but get his declined and I did wonder where the red n white one was when I couldn't see Rodri holding it..

It's not something they normally do, so might be another reason other than being star struck, all I'm saying.

Hi Stegosaurus here

No because they don't play like pansies, go begging for a shirt and have the other player refuse theirs because he's a nobody.

What did he think Rodri was gonna do with it? Hang it next to his Messi, Mbappe and Virgo Van Dyke shirts? Bit like parking a Skoda next to your Lamborghini
The VRS Octavia is a decent motor

Hi Stegosaurus here

As the lamborghini is part of the VAG group it uses a number of parts that belong to VW Audi Seat Skoda so I would think there's been plenty of lambos parked next to skodas.

I've heard it on good authority that It was Rodri who approached Ollie and offered his shirt saying, 'Would you take this and frame it next to one of your please'
That would make sense as to why Rodri had to walk around in the middle of winter with no shirt on as Ollie refused to hand over his own.
A source of mine told me he saw Ollie laughing as he dumped the shirt in a bin halfway back down the tunnel.
Class of Ollie to wait until he was out of site after seeing Rodri had collapsed with mild hyperthermia before disposing of it though.
Rodri is fine now by the way. He soon came round once he'd warmed up again after someone put another shirt on him.
You should have seen the smile on his face when he saw it was Osborn's.

As the lamborghini is part of the VAG group it uses a number of parts that belong to VW Audi Seat Skoda so I would think there's been plenty of lambos parked next to skodas.
That would be a great show room.

"The Fabia is a great car sir for economy and practicality however for a just a smidge more can I interest you in the Huracan Performante?"

Norwood has always had a 'distant' relationship with our fans.

I have seen him many times (at home games) being the first to retreat to the changing room after a final whistle. He almost has to be pulled to the fans to give them any show of appreciation.

I am sure he is aware of the criticism he receives both from the fans at the ground and on forums.

I doubt he doesn't really care how his actions yesterday at the final whistle will have been taken by those Blades in the ground.

Just don't understand why Rodri wouldn't want Ollie's shirt.

Given the pelters Norwood routinely attracts when the team is performing poorly (& even when he contributes to +ve result) there’s little surprise he’s reluctant to acknowledge the ‘support’ he receives from ‘fans’
Ref frequent comments yesterday - punts to no-one / nowhere : constantly passing backwards

Should have arranged the swap before the game, then done it back in the dressing room, not in full view of the fans, embarrassing
Hi Stegosaurus here

Or not swapped ... sorry, begged for his shirt, at all. It's tinpot. A sure sign that you're a minor league player if you have to grovel for a player's shirt. I can understand peers swapping shirts, but there is something embarassing about tinpot players clamouring for their better's shirts.

Is it any more embarrassing than Middle aged blokes in SUFC shirt flashing a bit of beer gut hanging round player’s entrance for a selfie with a player, some of who are half their age and reserve lads?

Games over - doesn’t affect result
Solid pro on decline get souvenir from probably best midfielder in league
Best players in world have shirt collection

Would I say it’s good drills to do it seemingly as starstruck? No

But some on here are acting like he’s intentionally scored an own goal to gift them a win, telling him to fuck off

Need to grow up and get perspective

Please keep this to the tunnel or the dressing room in future. This was seen round the world on TV. Good for banter the opposition will be dangling their shirts in front of our fans with a few chants. That is fine but for the viewing audience in other countries. It is the Blades going down to the league below and taking one of the Premier League shirts with them as a souvenir.

Is it any more embarrassing than Middle aged blokes in SUFC shirt flashing a bit of beer gut hanging round player’s entrance for a selfie with a player, some of who are half their age and reserve lads?
Hi Stegosaurus here,

When I was a kid, I had a photo with Li Tie when he'd just signed. Turned out it wasn't Li Tie. It was some random Asian fella who worked for the club.

Back
Top Bottom