Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pair of ageing fucking hipsters the row in front of us who - this season - get in late, go for a piss after twenty minutes, come back, go out ten minutes before half time, come back in five minutes after second half kick off and go for a minimum of two pisses in the second half. The bloke near the end of the row always looks like he going to chin them. The bearded, flat capped oldest swinger in town tossers.

Probably the two I've seen, always wearing supply teacher jackets, and dodgy shoes?
If they're the ones I'm on about they leave on their matching retro road bikes, no joke.

"The Assessor" sits near the middle of The Kop and stands up to loudly berate the officials at least once or twice a game. Usually something along the lines of him being duped by the opposition's time wasting tactics or a perceived failure to keep sufficient control of the game.

I don't think I've ever heard him comment on the manager or the players as he generally seems to be more concerned about the Ref's performance. Hence the nickname.

Sometimes he doesn't go and someone who may be his son sits in his seat and takes over his Referee Assessor duties for that game.

I think you're in fact referring to the voice of reason, not sure what he looks like, as he sits behind us (about the middle off the kop).

Sounds like he's taking a shit or just been winded all the time?

"God" used to stand in front of us on the Kop. Was always right when we were losing/doing badly but strangely quiet when winning. We used to look for his anguished reaction whenever we scored.

Used to be a lad behind us on the kop who we nicknamed "Warnock Out!". He was often a lone voice but to give him his due, he was consistent. I would often turn to him when we'd scored or won well and gently humour him with my own "Warnock Out". He was a bit of a character this lad, I even bumped into him on a train to London once and greeted him with "Warnock Out". He appears to have moved places these days and we don't see much of him but I've since learned he is on here. If and when I do next bump into him, there's no doubt the mutual greeting will be "Warnock Out":)

Would that be Gizmo who helped run the Football In The Community on a saturday? Think he was captain Blade for a while too.

Can't believe trumpet man hasn't been mentioned. Bloke in the late 90's playing the trumpet.

Trumpet man used to sit in front of us when the kop became an all seater. There were 4 of them, used to wear yellow hats, real characters with trumpet man leading the way. When he wasn't blowing his bugleo_O, he would often be berating the officials, especially the linesman. He would stand up, express his disgust at said official, question his competence and then complete his rant with "linesman, linesman, look at mi when I'm talkin' to thi!" He was about 30 rows back!

Top lad.

What about the Fat Family, can anyone remember them? Not seen them for ages, by all account they had all attained a spectacular level of derangement. Used to see them all over, entertaining to observe from a distance but you would never want to get in to close contact with them. I can remember Fat Mother once screaming racist abuse at a Scunthorpe player at Glanford Park. Nice people
They are still on the Kop. At the last home match I saw Fat Family grandad in his loppy grey coat that he's worn for years, Fat Mother, and Fat Son, sporting a shitty chinstrap beard and clad from head to toe in Adidas. Bench coat, tracky bottoms, trainers, the fucking lot. They are awful specimens.

Hat lady is a lovely lady, and she is a proper mad Blade.

Last edited:
They are still on the Kop. At the last home match I saw Fat Family grandad in his loppy grey coat that he's worn for years, Fat Mother, and Fat Son, sporting a shitty chinstrap beard and clad from head to roe in Adidas. Bench coat, tracky bottoms, trainers, the fucking lot. They are awful specimens.
The last time I saw the fat family was at an away game about 10 years ago, the mum was taking the son into the female bogs with her; he looked about 13.

Used to be a lad behind us on the kop who we nicknamed "Warnock Out!". He was often a lone voice but to give him his due, he was consistent. I would often turn to him when we'd scored or won well and gently humour him with my own "Warnock Out". He was a bit of a character this lad, I even bumped into him on a train to London once and greeted him with "Warnock Out". He appears to have moved places these days and we don't see much of him but I've since learned he is on here. If and when I do next bump into him, there's no doubt the mutual greeting will be "Warnock Out":)

Tall lad, dark hair, used to sit at the top of Gangway F on the kop?

Reading this thread anyone would think there's more than one "gerrit forrad" man on the Kop.

Another one. Racist Tash man.

Smallish bloke, greyish hair, wears an old Stone Island jumper and has a 1980s tash.

Remember him tagging on to our group of mates one year when we went to Crystal Palace, and he did his absolute best to get stuff kicking off. We ended travelling on the underground where he managed to get some kick off with two young black teenagers with a racist remark, leaving me and a couple of others to apologise on his behalf, telling them he wasn't with us. Still see him knocking about but wisely he doesn't come anywhere near us .

I could do with inventing a nickname for a portly bald gentleman who sits on Gangway E, roughly 6 or 7 rows down from the back where I am. Loud as a train crash and the first to get on anyone's back if they make a mistake. Even now we're doing well and he's a tad subdued, I sense he's itching to shout something negative at someone.

I think me and my pal have used 'Reyt Cunt' a few times in the past, but it hasn't stuck and it's not very inventive.

Another one. Racist Tash man.

Smallish bloke, greyish hair, wears an old Stone Island jumper and has a 1980s tash.

Remember him tagging on to our group of mates one year when we went to Crystal Palace, and he did his absolute best to get stuff kicking off. We ended travelling on the underground where he managed to get some kick off with two young black teenagers with a racist remark, leaving me and a couple of others to apologise on his behalf, telling them he wasn't with us. Still see him knocking about but wisely he doesn't come anywhere near us .

Think he walks with a stick now if it's the one I'm thinking of.

There's a bloke on my row who looks like a Fat Eric Sykes.

He's got a mate who always turns up late, who still has the same hair do and diamond stud that he got in 1985. Kajagoogoo.

Used to sit near the Viking and see Hat Lady all over the place. There's an absolute bell end who sits near the back middle of the kop, bald red faced bloke aka "to him, TO HIM", he's a total twat. My mate and me used to have a bloke years ago who sat next to my mate on the kop for quite a few seasons, aka "Fuck Wednesday". Never uttered another word other than that line every time the pigs result came up or any chants about them started up, used to crack us up. Always left about 10 mins before the end of the game. There's also a slightly odd bloke who seems to have no mates and has a bit if a thing for my friend, she sees him all over the place, not just footy, we call him "the Stalker".

I could do with inventing a nickname for a portly bald gentleman who sits on Gangway E, roughly 6 or 7 rows down from the back where I am. Loud as a train crash and the first to get on anyone's back if they make a mistake. Even now we're doing well and he's a tad subdued, I sense he's itching to shout something negative at someone.

I think me and my pal have used 'Reyt Cunt' a few times in the past, but it hasn't stuck and it's not very inventive.

That's the bloke I'm on about in my post, "to him, TO HIM", first rate moron! I think "reyt cunt" is quite fitting. We've used "that fucking twat" and "red faced twat" quite frequently too. They all work ;-)

DB, just remembered you missed:

Gimme 5
Bloke with black hair and round glasses who sat around row VV/WW on the Kop in the 90s, and looked like the presenter of a kid's TV show of around that time, that I would have long forgotten if not for him.

Superman Baddie
Looks like the bad guy out of Superman. Not sure why I explained that.

Uncle Nobhead
Grey hair and tache, seen at away games. Doesn't seem to be with anyone, so latches onto everyone.

Definitely some others too. Briefcase Man? Unbelievable? Mr Pointless (whose wife always ate a pork pie at half time)? I'm sure there were more.

As for hat lady, and in DB's defence, she only got the w****r suffix because that's a classic standard (e.g. Trackie W****r who played 5-aside with us years ago), it's not a character slur. The only dealings I ever had with her was when she sat behind us at Preston (I think), wearing the 1990 away top, repeating "You don't want to know what I had to do to get this shirt." In fairness, she was right.

DB, just remembered you missed:

Gimme 5
Bloke with black hair and round glasses who sat around row VV/WW on the Kop in the 90s, and looked like the presenter of a kid's TV show of around that time, that I would have long forgotten if not for him.

Superman Baddie
Looks like the bad guy out of Superman. Not sure why I explained that.

Uncle Nobhead
Grey hair and tache, seen at away games. Doesn't seem to be with anyone, so latches onto everyone.

Definitely some others too. Briefcase Man? Unbelievable? Mr Pointless (whose wife always ate a pork pie at half time)? I'm sure there were more.

As for hat lady, and in DB's defence, she only got the w****r suffix because that's a classic standard (e.g. Trackie W****r who played 5-aside with us years ago), it's not a character slur. The only dealings I ever had with her was when she sat behind us at Preston (I think), wearing the 1990 away top, repeating "You don't want to know what I had to do to get this shirt." In fairness, she was right.

I suspect Racist Tash Man and Uncle Nobhead are both the same person.

yeah just behind me.. who are the bunch that shout 'pig pig pig' every time the oppo make a substitution? they can't all have played for the massive surely?
They sit a couple of rows in front of us. Always done that since I moved into the seat, and yes it's pretty much every opposition sub not just the ex-porkers. I think it's probably some superstition after it was lucky in a game once. Quite amusing when they do it!

They sit a couple of rows in front of us. Always done that since I moved into the seat, and yes it's pretty much every opposition sub not just the ex-porkers. I think it's probably some superstition after it was lucky in a game once. Quite amusing when they do it!
heh.. you must sit very close to me.. i'm the nobhead who sits on the end seat that is always 5 minutes late.. (superstition and also why i chose the end seat)

Old fella behind me every time we get a corner, Mark em up blades (pause) man a piece. You know its coming but its still funny.

Nobody seen "man in a dress" that sits close to "hat lady" ??

Anyway, I don't sit in same place (thank fuck) and I've seen a few of these, the halfway line heckler on John street is the best, absolutely hammered the ref week in week out, once started an argument with Doyle a few seasons ago and they were at it all game, he must have cost us points...

Think he might have been banned, might have to nip over and check...

Kop this Saturday...

Back
Top Bottom