New striker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I haven't attempted to treat anybody like an idiot and have been constructive in my counter-arguments. I've also made sure not to resort to name calling, patronising and/or belittling.

Rather than produce a constructive counter-argument, i have been met with all of the above. Apologies to all for remembering something from 2yrs ago and I have tried to get my point across as to why the opinions about Higdon made by Pommpey are comparable to that made by Pommpey when talking about Blackman.

The token response to my memory of 2 yrs ago, instead of being "ok, i was wrong about him" was "statto", "Twatto", "matto", etc. etc. etc. How is that adding to any debate? Everybody can name call behind a keyboard.

Do we not think that after 7 games. We could be wrong about Higdon??

I should have been clearer Matt - It was Pinchy's "outburst" that I found particularly offensive last night, and to be fair, he's normally way more satirical and sarcastic than what he did - maybe he'd had a few sherberts!

At least you are coming on today and debating your point in a constructive manner, which is what we should be doing.

Regarding Higdon, I haven't given up on him just yet but it's been a really disappointing start for our strike force and we did something last night that we'll probably not replicate in another 20-30 years.The midfield will not continually get us out of the shit, and better teams would have seen that 2-0 out last night. At least we showed a bit of fight (albeit after 80 mins) which is encouraging.

What does this have to do with Blackman and him knocking in a goal late on in a game two years ago?

Exactly.

Bloke is a troll. Bless his lickle cotton socks.

Abuse is as abuse does. We are on a football forum, not mumsnet. If you want to chastise anyone for being abusive and aggressive, please steer your comments toward dear old Pinchy who, after staying pretty quiet for sixty thr ... sorry, sixty two minutes last night whilst United were playing like last season and being beaten 2-0 by a side in the U Bend of the division, suddenly decided to call critics 'cunts' and 'not Blades' and all sorts of other pleasing, dribbly crap once united had wakkened up and started playing like a side that wants promotion. At the full time whistle, Pinchy was quite open with his opinions about some people on S24SU.

pommpey

Did I chastise you?

I thought I made a statement of fact that in that particular thread your posts were quite abusive and Matt's weren't.

What has it got to do with Blackman? Nothing. But it is relevant to the argument/discussion you were having. Matt argued his case. You seemed to resort to abuse and insults simply because you didn't like what he was saying, or disagreed with it, or maybe both.

What's mumsnet got to do with anything? By all means carry on with the insults, abuse and patronising comments if you want to. It really is no skin off my nose, but there is a tendency for the abuse etc to become the focus of what you post rather than the often interesting points you make.

For your information I did post a comment directed at PInchy on shoutbox last night. And that was the first, and so far, only time I have ever commented on shoutbox, although on some match days I do look at it to keep updated as to what is going on in the match. I must say I did find it all a bit bizarre and my first thoughts were along the same lines as yours. I thought he might have had a few too many jaipurs!

Last edited:
Did I chastise you?

I thought I made a statement of fact that in that particular thread your posts were quite abusive and Matt's weren't.

What has it got to do with Blackman? Nothing. But it is relevant to the argument/discussion you were having. Matt argued his case. You seemed to resort to abuse and insults simply because you didn't like what he was saying, or disagreed with it, or maybe both.

What's mumsnet got to do with anything? By all means carry on with the insults, abuse and patronising comments if you want to. It really is no skin off my nose, but there is a tendency for the abuse etc to become the focus of what you post rather than the often interesting points you make.

For your information I did post a comment directed at PInchy on shoutbox last night. And that was the first, and so far, only time I have ever commented on shoutbox, although on some match days I do look at it to keep updated as to what is going on in the match. I must say I did find it all a bit bizarre and my first thoughts were along the same lines as yours. I thought he might have had a few too many jaipurs!

Old - Pinchy's tirade last night outstrips my levelling of a board troll by a long stretch. Matt's 'argument' is actually his pale attempt to one-nil me by alluding to a long-forgotten (by some, anyway - I can't remember it at all, but, hey ho) incident on the shoutbox reference my opinion of Blackman. He's even got the time and the date, and, get this ... 'bides his time'. Weird. Who else is in his lickle book of shoutbox retribution, eh? If he wants his triumph, jeez he can have it. If it matters so much to him that I was wrong for ten minutes two years ago when since then Sheffield United have continuously striven to disappoint on a broader scale by selling players, losing playoff finals, underperforming, making ill-judged signings and watching our rivals disappear over the Championship horizon then so be it. I was wrong about Blackman. There, Mattbianco. I have said it. If it adds some lead to your pencil to make pommpey admit he was wrong about something he can't remember owt about then there ya go. Meanwhile, back in September 2014, our strikeforce continues to put ninety minutes in without much to speak of, except some saves and highlights. As exciting as they are, I'd rather we had goals, but again, if it satisfies some, then I'm wrong, again. I study with great interest the writings of attendees on here and the papers, BBC online, even wait up on a Sunday morning for the BBC to kindly offer us our twenty seconds and so far, I have seen strikers in all divisions kick the ball in the back of the net but Higdon, McNulty and Porter seem to be not doing this. The midfield however seem to be compensating for this and knocking them in for fun. Imagine if we'd spent some of that two and a half on a striker (or two) and they started to hit form? This is my point, not some piffling one-nil spat on a fucking shoutbox, two years back. Last night, we were shithouse galore for over an hour and looking like finishing below middle of the table, against a team who will very possibly be relegated come next May. Cluff stuck on some subs and we thankfully beat them with twelve minutes of proper football and looking like the team I know we can be. But it was two wide midfielders who scored for us, not the strikers. That continues to worry me, despite the win. I don't deserve to be called a cunt for that or accused of being a non-Blade because I am not firing gouts of jism all over my laptop because we pulled the rabbit out of the hat. I will do that when we are ten points clear at the top and are smacking teams like Brizzle all over the park with Higdon fulfilling the potential his season at Tulip Athletic suggests. So far, I don't see much. I need our strikers to keep their defence busy, whilst the midfield controls the game and our defence keeps the 'goals conceded' tally to a minimum. Up to sixty-whatever minutes last night, can you honestly say you felt that was happening? We have Swindon this weekend. Think we will put up the 'up to' or the 'after' performance?

pommpey

Wow pommpey , that's one hell of a write-up. Nobody deserves to be called a cunt.

But, you did slag Blackman off 2 yrs back. I didn't know the date but can remember you slagging him through the game and he popped up late with a goal. I checked back and presume it was the Coventry game.

The main point to the whole past 24hrs, which seems to have missed you, is that you were wrong about Blackman in that you judged him too early. So, I would've thought you would've learnt from that. Maybe not.

The good thing is, half the forum have now seen the spat so I won't even have to serve any humble pie if Higdon starts scoring (which I hope he does for the sake of SUFC) as I'm sure people will be quick to serve it before me.

Now shall we leave it there?

And now a pic of Geoff Salmons mesmorising a whole defence that should bring a smile to every blade

View attachment 9410
I was there. My dad and I travelled in the Train Special to the match. Ken Wagstaffe opened the scoring in the 1st half, in the 2nd half Hull's defence half cleared a Salmons long throw, the ball going to TC outside the penalty box, TC mishit the volley which lacked power as it rolled on the floor missing everyone in the penalty box who were stood still watching the ball roll all the way to the inside of the far post and into the net. In the above photo, Terry Neill (player manager) is Hull's number 5

Last edited:
Wow pommpey , that's one hell of a write-up. Nobody deserves to be called a cunt.

But, you did slag Blackman off 2 yrs back. I didn't know the date but can remember you slagging him through the game and he popped up late with a goal. I checked back and presume it was the Coventry game.

The main point to the whole past 24hrs, which seems to have missed you, is that you were wrong about Blackman in that you judged him too early. So, I would've thought you would've learnt from that. Maybe not.

The good thing is, half the forum have now seen the spat so I won't even have to serve any humble pie if Higdon starts scoring (which I hope he does for the sake of SUFC) as I'm sure people will be quick to serve it before me.

Now shall we leave it there?
I,m sure Higdon will produce the goods soon enough but Cloughs got to persevere with him hes scored in a better class than L1.

But give him a chance and give him a goal supply Campbell/Ryce and Murphy and he will silence his doubters.

pommpey, oldblade, Large Mendonca

You are all perfectly right. I was the main offender by a long way. I started it; Matt got caught in the crossfire. I'm afraid to tell you that ale, Rioja Gran Reserva, brandy, Attivan and Paroxetine do not mix well.

I did, and still do, disagree with the conspicuous negativity afforded to a welcome and (latterly) gutsy away win. However, I let myself down badly and I regret it. Those who resort to personal abuse are usually bereft of reasonable argument.

Anyway, I have banned myself for 7 days* which I think, with credit for a Guilty plea, is about right.

* Apart from this, if you see what I mean.

You are all perfectly right. I was the main offender by a long way. I started it; Matt got caught in the crossfire. I'm afraid to tell you that ale, Rioja Gran Reserva, brandy, Attivan and Paroxetine do not mix well.

I did, and still do, disagree with the conspicuous negativity afforded to a welcome and (latterly) gutsy away win. However, I let myself down badly and I regret it. Those who resort to personal abuse are usually bereft of reasonable argument.

Anyway, I have banned myself for 7 days* which I think, with credit for a Guilty plea, is about right.

That's one hell of a toxic mix Pinchy :)

No need for a self ban at all, we're all Blades aren't we ??

PS. Don't answer that one ;)

That's one hell of a toxic mix Pinchy :)

No need for a self ban at all, we're all Blades aren't we ??

PS. Don't answer that one ;)

And I only mentioned the acceptable stuff......

Thank you for your magnanimous response, but ban it is. Well-deserved too. It will get me back to myself, and that's bad enough!

Pinchy,

Lovely post mate. We all go off on one sometimes, something to do with being human I think, so don't beat yourself up. It's a forum, not a place of penance, so stop being a silly cunt and continue to contribute in the way that only you can....from one of many cunts on here UTB

I'm not sure that your night of the long knives moment will easily be assuaged with a self imposed ban Pinchy.
After all you have been credited as the creator of the new term of "Non Blade Wanker" - which is a peach ;)

Non blade wanker LMFAO that has to be the new shit wasp term hahahaha it might even make the Jerry Springer show hahahaha, just imagine some dumb Yank on there coming out with " you just a Non Blade Wanker" rather than "you filthy ho" :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Fair shout Pinchy. Props to you for this message - truce upheld and we move on in disagreement. I admit, some of us appear negative in outlook and the interpretation of that can be understood to being 'against the Blades'. I can assure you that I am and always will be a Unitedite.

I hope, come May, we are celebrating our promotion and reflecting on our misgivings with happiness.

UTB

pommpey

Fair shout Pinchy. Props to you for this message - truce upheld and we move on in disagreement. I admit, some of us appear negative in outlook and the interpretation of that can be understood to being 'against the Blades'. I can assure you that I am and always will be a Unitedite.

I hope, come May, we are celebrating our promotion and reflecting on our misgivings with happiness.

UTB

pommpey

Well done pommpey, your response to Pinchy's post is magnanimous, so good for you for making the effort to show that you don't hold a grudge.

I doubt I'll ever get a better opportunity to say this, so, making all the allowances that I hope this moment provides - "We're all Blades aren't we?"

UTB

pommpey

Do you mean after higdon has scored 3 hat tricks in a row to secure promotion.

Back
Top Bottom