My Take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Okay, fine. Explain why Berge deserved better. Summat wrong with you?

Give us detail how busy he was and how much he knitted that midfield together. How unlucky he was with his unchallenged header as opposed to Anels which was practically 45 degrees to the ground backwards where he still struck the bar with power.

You can't can you? Berge is bobbar. Admit it finally and purge your soul.

pommpey
It does highlight the lack of awareness from his National Coach.

On one hand you have Solbakken(sp), suggesting he really needs to move on (I assume to better things) to kick his career on.

On the other, those who see him every week note that he's actually clinging to a starting berth with his fingernails. If someone tipped for best midfielder in the Championship, Norwood, can lose their spot, then Berge is certainly not safe.

Whether he's a 4, 5 or 6, each has their own views on marks, but the points you make are salient ones.

For someone who is supposed to be a Championship 'cheat code' whether he's average or disappointing is almost the same thing to a degree.

I didn't personally think he had a stinker but it was all a little beige for me. Sander Beige. It's akin to watching a player either coming back from injury or carrying one, the way he kind of coasts at 70%. He seldom committed to lung bursting runs to the byline, happy to settle for an easy corner rather than drive through and create a genuine chance. Plenty of ball retention that Jan Molby would have been proud of, but when you're asking Doyle already to do that and he's also keen to do more, then Sander can be more adventurous and impactful.

He feels a little like Brewster. He'll play well when the team plays well. But it's the likes of Baldock who have that edge that makes the team lift it's overall performance.

No idea how, but would love to see him really angry and with a point to prove. It's all a bit languid in style and execution at the moment.

Okay, fine. Explain why Berge deserved better. Summat wrong with you?

Give us detail how busy he was and how much he knitted that midfield together. How unlucky he was with his unchallenged header as opposed to Anels which was practically 45 degrees to the ground backwards where he still struck the bar with power.

You can't can you? Berge is bobbar. Admit it finally and purge your soul.

pommpey
“Berge is way to good for Sheffield united.”

“Defo agree , outclassed us not hard to but he was very good”

“Tall, powerful, smart, tough. Everything Webber said he would bring in nearly 2 years ago.”

Not my views pompey oh no
Those are the views from Roy's view from

“Berge is way to good for Sheffield united.”

“Defo agree , outclassed us not hard to but he was very good”

“Tall, powerful, smart, tough. Everything Webber said he would bring in nearly 2 years ago.”

Not my views pompey oh no
Those are the views from Roy's view from

I'm asking for your views, not other people. I give mine ... why not articulate yours?

C'mon. Tell us exactly what he did yesterday which excelled above a median of 5/10 over 90 minutes? Have a read of my comments and if he did anything more, show your working out.

Trouble is when faced with this challenge, there's usually nowt to give. Emperor's new clothes stuff. Now the 'he's returning from injury' warranty has expired, people such as yourself simply can't prove your opinions.

pommpey

I'm asking for your views, not other people. I give mine ... why not articulate yours?

C'mon. Tell us exactly what he did yesterday which excelled above a median of 5/10 over 90 minutes? Have a read of my comments and if he did anything more, show your working out.

Trouble is when faced with this challenge, there's usually nowt to give. Emperor's new clothes stuff. Now the 'he's returning from injury' warranty has expired, people such as yourself simply can't prove your opinions.

pommpey
From deadbats report
Screenshot_20230402_075626_Chrome.jpg

Again, someone else's comments. What is wrong with your own? You have the biggest case of confirmation bias going. You scan my 'My Takes ...' for Berge's mark and if is doesn't align with yours, your bottom lip comes out like an asylum seeker's dinghy.

Come on Frank. I can read Deadbat's opinion. It usually differs from mine and for all the right reasons. I am interested in what you saw that gets Berge above even 5/10.

Out with it or shut up, eh?

pommpey

Again, someone else's comments. What is wrong with your own? You have the biggest case of confirmation bias going. You scan my 'My Takes ...' for Berge's mark and if is doesn't align with yours, your bottom lip comes out like an asylum seeker's dinghy.

Come on Frank. I can read Deadbat's opinion. It usually differs from mine and for all the right reasons. I am interested in what you saw that gets Berge above even 5/10.

Out with it or shut up, eh?

pommpey

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230402_083043_FotMob.jpg
    Screenshot_20230402_083043_FotMob.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230402_083328_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230402_083328_Chrome.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 18

Are you Fallowfield or summat?

I am not interested in anything outside of your melon.

Don't C&P links up. I am absolutely not bothered.

What in YOUR opinion did Sander Berge do yesterday to move him past bang average marks over the time he was on the pitch?

If you want obtuse references, even our fucking manager could see he was shit, because he subbed him off

pommpey

Are you Fallowfield or summat?

I am not interested in anything outside of your melon.

Don't C&P links up. I am absolutely not bothered.

What in YOUR opinion did Sander Berge do yesterday to move him past bang average marks over the time he was on the pitch?

If you want obtuse references, even our fucking manager could see he was shit, because he subbed him off

pommpey
Me and the rest of the Internet think he was a six
Let's just leave it at that

Me and the rest of the Internet think he was a six
Let's just leave it at that

You are Fallowfield and I claim my £5

You have absolutely nothing to say. It just is, mmmkay?

'Me and the rest of the internet'. Sure thing. Well, me and about 35 others on here (and Hecky) think he was bobbar.

I AER TEH WINNORZ! ROLFcopter.

pommpey

You are Fallowfield and I claim my £5

You have absolutely nothing to say. It just is, mmmkay?

'Me and the rest of the internet'. Sure thing. Well, me and about 35 others on here (and Hecky) think he was bobbar.

I AER TEH WINNORZ! ROLFcopter.

pommpey
I think I've proved my point

Us signing Sander is not so different to wanting a massive cock.

You like the idea of it and you know others will be impressed by it.

But you have no idea how to use it, whether you should even have it or not and you're certainly not ready for the discomfort, complaints and negative feedback that comes with it.

But outwardly you're still liking the idea of it now you have it, even though you're no further forward with the downsides of it.

That's us after three seasons.

Kind of 🤣

I think I've proved my point

No you haven't. Quite typically for you (and you're shit at it) you drop into a post and fire off bland critique (usually of the poster) and when cornered have got fuck all to back it up. A mouth/trousers situation if ever there was one. You hang of everyone else's opinions, if and only if theirs agrees with yours and when challenged, can't even form proper words on a keyboard to explain why.

Fallowfield might be a shiny old purple helmet of a poster, but at least he has a go at justifying his insane bollocks.

pommpey

Not sure it adds up that Hecky thinks he's bobbar because he substituted him. If you extrapolate that, he thinks Ndiaye is even worse as Ndiaye has been substituted far more often this season. It would make McAtee and Doyle bobbar as well, in which case the conclusions may have to be that a midfield of Norwood, Basham and Fleck should start. Or if they are also bobbar from not being able to get a start, erm...It's a poor argument.

What Berge does have is an ability to read the game/space on the pitch and to act on that fairly quickly and rapidly on that. He's fairly comfortable drawing players onto him, but still being able to get an accurate pass away to a teammate in space.

The header was shite - he knows it and everyone else knows he's going to get a below par score from some because of it. Ah well.

No you haven't. Quite typically for you (and you're shit at it) you drop into a post and fire off bland critique (usually of the poster) and when cornered have got fuck all to back it up. A mouth/trousers situation if ever there was one. You hang of everyone else's opinions, if and only if theirs agrees with yours and when challenged, can't even form proper words on a keyboard to explain why.

Fallowfield might be a shiny old purple helmet of a poster, but at least he has a go at justifying his insane bollocks.

pommpey
No need to get personal
You don't know Me and I don't know you
I disagree with your opi ion on berge
He was average
A four is below average
In my opinion to mark a player a 4 in a high pressure game where the team were solid and produced a classic away performance is churlish

I've produced lots of evidence to back up my opinion but as usual you've decided to make it personal and resort to name calling as you have done every time I've offered an opinion that differs to yours but I suppose that's why you've started doing a mayvhbreport no one asked for or needed so you can argue with strangers on the Internet

Well knock yourself out

What Berge does have is an ability to read the game/space on the pitch and to act on that fairly quickly and rapidly on that. He's fairly comfortable drawing players onto him, but still being able to get an accurate pass away to a teammate in space.

You'll get muted agreement on him 'reading the game' He is (fairly) good at ball retention but that's it. And it's not good enough for a midfielder with such supposed pedigree. It's not like he came here triggering a flamethrower on midfields immediately. At first it was 'he needs time to settle' then he picked up his injury which benched him for half a season. Then in the division below we assumed he'd be way, way above the standard there and be our talisman ... almost Tony Currie like in playmaking and drive. But he's not even dented the paintwork even at this level, even against pretty shambolic midfields too. And then injured again ... 'he's returning from injury' excuses ran out and still he doesn't get his sleeves up and deliver. And 'accurate passes' are okay but up front we have a tricky attacking goalscorer and a target man. I don't see any of Berge's forward looking work threading them in or finding them in space despite, like yesterday, them running their socks off. McBurnie may appear dogshit but you can't fault his will to be involved and NDaiye is a level way above us as we know. Get the ball to them and work off the percentages.

The header was shite - he knows it and everyone else knows he's going to get a below par score from some because of it. Ah well.

Not just 'because' of that header. In spite of that he was ineffective and poor. But that's nowt new. He's been here three years and I can count on one hand possibly the matches he has shown his worth.

pommpey

No need to get personal
You don't know Me and I don't know you
I disagree with your opi ion on berge
He was average
A four is below average
In my opinion to mark a player a 4 in a high pressure game where the team were solid and produced a classic away performance is churlish

I've produced lots of evidence to back up my opinion but as usual you've decided to make it personal and resort to name calling as you have done every time I've offered an opinion that differs to yours but I suppose that's why you've started doing a mayvhbreport no one asked for or needed so you can argue with strangers on the Internet

Well knock yourself out

You still haven't explained why. The only evidence you have produced is other people's, so it's not your own.

And you mention 'the team being solid and producing a classic away performance'. I'm glad you agree. Go check my marks on everyone else. Berge was plop. He got a four because of that.

I'll say again. Why do YOU think Berge was above average. I have articulated why i think he was below average. Counter it or shut up.

pommpey

You still haven't explained why. The only evidence you have produced is other people's, so it's not your own.

And you mention 'the team being solid and producing a classic away performance'. I'm glad you agree. Go check my marks on everyone else. Berge was plop. He got a four because of that.

I'll say again. Why do YOU think Berge was above average. I have articulated why i think he was below average. Counter it or shut up.

pommpey
Were you at the game ?

You'll get muted agreement on him 'reading the game' He is (fairly) good at ball retention but that's it. And it's not good enough for a midfielder with such supposed pedigree. It's not like he came here triggering a flamethrower on midfields immediately. At first it was 'he needs time to settle' then he picked up his injury which benched him for half a season. Then in the division below we assumed he'd be way, way above the standard there and be our talisman ... almost Tony Currie like in playmaking and drive. But he's not even dented the paintwork even at this level, even against pretty shambolic midfields too. And then injured again ... 'he's returning from injury' excuses ran out and still he doesn't get his sleeves up and deliver. And 'accurate passes' are okay but up front we have a tricky attacking goalscorer and a target man. I don't see any of Berge's forward looking work threading them in or finding them in space despite, like yesterday, them running their socks off. McBurnie may appear dogshit but you can't fault his will to be involved and NDaiye is a level way above us as we know. Get the ball to them and work off the percentages.

Not just 'because' of that header. In spite of that he was ineffective and poor. But that's nowt new. He's been here three years and I can count on one hand possibly the matches he has shown his worth.

pommpey
I guess the question is whether we are discussing his performance yesterday or his contribution over 3 years.

I'd say that yesterday he was average (rather than below average), though in some ways, I'd say nobody was particularly stand out yesterday. Horrible game to watch/brilliant game to see kind of affair. Truly one of those games where if it had ended 0-0 with Lowe actually making contact and skying his effort rather than it bobbling through to McAtee to poke home, many would have been distraught - even more so if 'Boro, completely out of our control, had finished off the job against Hudders.

Thankfully, the main concern is whether Berge merited a 4 or a 6.
If we are assessing Berge's contribution over 3 seasons, I'd say he's been average (rather than below average) with that period at the end of last season where we thought we were finally seeing the Rolls Royce we thought we'd bought.

I thought he deserved a 6 - but then he lost 2 whole points for the fop of an header-

So in a way you're both right- argument ended. Not worth falling out over.

Another keystone game for us today and very much the set of results to complement a dogged win that we deserved. This season's 'Basham Arriving' moment came from little feller McAtee who is showing this gathering propensity to sprinkle the right ingredients at the right time. Hecky didn't change much since Blackburn in the cup and why should he? To that end what we displayed out there was a demonstration of how to make a potential 3-0 reverse with us under the cosh from a substandard Norwich side in front of a big crowd into a well-fought and well-defended win. Luton and Boro have enough airgap now and if we capitalise on our game in hand, what appeared to be our bottle-job moment could actually be our moment when we show what we are really about. We lacked in areas today however but still managed to cover across to make up for it. So pleased for the club tonight. 01 April 2023 could be when we were actually promoted figuratively. All we have to do now is be consistent and difficult to beat. Hate to say this but as much as a odd-defying win v Citeh might be everyone's priority, I still think promotion is where it is at.

The game started with us both picking distanced and ineffective jabs at each other. I must say though that Norwich are where they are because of today's display, where we looked by far the tidier, more composed team. They were untidy, wasteful and disconnected and looked a pale facsimile of the team we have locked horns with in the past five or so years. They looked vulnerable from set pieces and didn't like our right hand side and spent a lot of time shithousing their way through the game. They did have better purchase down their right where a below par Lowe (for much of the game) Berge and Robinson lay. But even then they just couldn't get a foothold. Second half we looked better up until the goal and game managed effectively after that. We replaced the entire midfield by the final whistle understandably so with McAtee and Doyle who'd run themselves into liquid but moreso for Berge who was, once again, bobbar.

Foderingham 7/10: Some key saves and catches, and timely gatherings when needed late on.
Baldock 7/10: Loses half a mark for his aggressive silliness at times. Just channel it into your football, George, FFS!
Anel 7.5/10: Good work from him today. Although their front two were a patent threat, both he and the other centrebacks marshalled them well. Unlucky to hit the bar with his header
Egan 7.5/10: A better performance from him with some key challenges, headers and interceptions to keep Puuki muzzled
Robinson 7/10: Characteristic grit and channelled focus as ever. Almost cost us the game late on though
Lowe 6/10: Poor first half where he looked way below this level but s witched on in the second
Berge 4/10: Still not delivering. Started okay and became more involved but all he does is drift round the midfield with no penetration. We need more, much more. And that fucking free header? It sailed over and you could almost see him thinking 'Oh no, I have to head this!' I intercepted a driven cross at seven a side on Tuesday which was more like a shot. Brace yourself, your neck muscles and shoulder muscles and set your balance and punch through the fucking ball in the direction you want it to go using your forehead as a fist, for fuck's sake. Its no big fucking deal Sander. He should have scored that.
Doyle 8/10: Covered shitloads of grass. He is, to me, a far better central midfielder than Norwood. Played together they could be the solution with a ball carrying number ten in front. Ran every ounce of sweat out of him today
McAtee 7.5/10: A few errors but he grew into the game somewhat and was threatening enough to get his goal - onside - so big up to him
NDaiye 7/10: Dazzling, bamboozling stuff and double marked for most of the game. Still our only threat for most of the games we play and still short of killer passes and opportunities the likes of Berge should be giving him
McBurnie 5/10: Not because he played poor, he was just bereft of chances. Great defensive duties and mixing it up in his own way

Norwood 6/10: Had to come off as Doyle was spent but added some intelligence in game management
Sharp 7/10: Gets a whole point for that strike on goal. Also grafted well up front with his usual free kick winning ways
Fleck 5/10: Energetic five minutes from Flecky at his uncle's old club
Basham (unmarked)

The finish line is in sight now. Even if we get shat out at Wembley by what seemed to be a light-blue Barcelona of ten years ago, we must not falter in this crucial time. If we drop points we must regain them. We have to get what we deserve now, and dedicate it to Ozzy as well.

pommpey
Pompey 10/10 : for using the words “pale facsimile “ in a football report.

I thought he deserved a 6 - but then he lost 2 whole points for the fop of an header-

So in a way you're both right- argument ended. Not worth falling out over.
Was his header worse than Lowe’s abysmal shot that fortuitously set up a goal ? Probably not but I don’t think anyone is deducting two points from him .

Reactions: Dkc

But you have no idea how to use it, whether you should even have it or not and you're certainly not ready for the discomfort, complaints and negative feedback that comes with it.

But outwardly you're still liking the idea of it now you have it, even though you're no further forward with the downsides of it.

Kind of 🤣
Wish I had a cock tbh

Kind of 🤣
Weird int it you think your lucky but in reality all you hear is

"It hurts"
"It's poking my cervix"
"I feel like I'm choking on my own kidney"
"Berge is lazy"

Was his header worse than Lowe’s abysmal shot that fortuitously set up a goal ? Probably not but I don’t think anyone is deducting two points from him .
Suppose so- but Lowes scuffed shot is sort of what happens in football. Berge header was a bit like the last pick at school would head the ball - he's very poor at heading- but I'm no Berge hater I like him and I thought midfield yesterday did OK.

Can’t argue with them scores. I was there and I thought Doyle was awesome the fist clenching, snarling shows how much it means to him.
Berge is just a big fucking Lumax IMO. But why do the opposing fans rate him so highly when you read their comments 🤷

Were you at the game ?

Yes. I watched it with the assistance of about six cameras.

You're even shit at trolling, just like Fallowfield.

Just imagine being compared to that chep-end for just one moment. That's you, that is.

pommpey

Yes. I watched it with the assistance of about six cameras.

You're even shit at trolling, just like Fallowfield.

Just imagine being compared to that chep-end for just one moment. That's you, that is.

pommpey
I'm not trolling stop getting personal
I'll just leave it now you're making yourself look a bit of a tit

I’m a Berge fan but I thought yesterday was his poorest game for a while but he wasn’t the worst player on the pitch.
His problem is that he is not a typical Sheff Utd player, offering blood and guts. He is probably too calm for some fans but even yesterday when he was quiet, he was always there to receive the ball, keeping it moving, playing between the lines, trying to slip the ball in behind the defence. This was hard yesterday as Norwich defended deep, so space behind was limited. The best attempt was to Baldock, who fell over trying to get a penalty.
I wish he had shot a couple of times yesterday but he tried the pass or went on a run on the outside, which won a couple of corners.
Whenever he is getting slagged off on here and I watch the highlights afterwards, he is always in the center of 90% of anything good that we do

Cheers as always, Pomps.

I’ll add my own tuppence (ooh matron…).

Agree on Baldock needing to channel his aggression. He could have been sent off really. Was on a yellow and got involved in more stuff afterwards, and he could possibly have seen a yellow for the penalty shout. I’d need to see it back, but it looked if not a dive, then at least initiating contact.

Doyle was fine, but probably would give a 7.

I know most of this thread is people arguing about Berge, but I think deep down everyone has a similar opinion on him today. He again didn’t play as well as we would all like or as well as we think he can. I’d probably give him a 5.2, but I can see why someone would give him a 4 or a 6. I don’t think he did anything particularly wrong, but the lack of urgency is noticeable and he hasn’t really obviously affected the game in anyway. If we’re being charitable, we could say he was part of an effective team defensive performance. If we delve into the stats, though, he’s got zero tackles, zero duels won, zero interceptions, and gave away a couple of silly fouls.

Finally, we never really got going today (again), but the football in the build up to the goal was really nice: Some quick playing out involving all three CBs. Good play from McBurnie, good movement from Lowe, and a nice clever little pass from Doyle. Lowe lost it, but Ndiaye kept it alive with his pressing. Really liked how well and how quickly we moved the ball up the pitch. Would like to see more.

I can't see where any player yesterday deserved less than a 6, of the defenders Lowe struggled against a pacey winger and the diving cheat Aarons but stuck at it and got better Robinson loses a mark for getting caught pissing about with the ball at the back the ref got him out of jail by blowing for a foul or Sargent would have been in on goal I'd still give both a 6. Midfield I can't see why Berge was any worst than McAtee who had a quiet game apart from grabbing the winner. I think Berge was worth a 6 he got us out of bother 1st half clearing up a bit of a defensive shambles when the back three were pissing about and lost the ball between them if he was called Joe Bloggs and didn't have a £20m price tag most would just say he had an average game. That said he did miss a easy chance and needs to work on heading a football.

If SUFC pay more than £10m for a player he has to be like Messi every week or he quickly becomes a scapegoat see Brewster, McBurnie all have or are suffering from fan abuse by the small time thinking crew and the we're little old Sheffield United thinking maybe we should stick to buying cloggers for £400k. I'd only give McBurnie a 6 too but I see on another thread the knives are out for him again. Yes he was average yesterday but had bugger all to work with not one decent ball into the box even Doyle was guilty of over hitting crosses unless Norwich have a very narrow pitch.

Overall I thought it was a fairly solid performance and a deserved win while not at our best due to the game being stop/start with Norwich diving and being mardy arses when tackled but it is the time of the season where you grind results out looking pretty comes second the first priority is to get the job done which we did. You could sense we would score in the second half and it would be enough to see off Norwich who didn't threaten a goal all game really.

Back
Top Bottom