Monty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silverfox

Reaction score
Seen as Monty created the defining moment of creativity that got us our first away win in the Premier will the Blades fans at least give him a fair chance with us??

We did have our best run in the Championship with him in the team too?

I wonder about our fans at times?

What a turn that lead to the goal, he had a few good runs - but should have had a shot in the box when he had chance, instead of trying to play it through.

He was poor first half but 2nd half he was everywhere, if he keeps that up he will have no complaints from me.

I just wish somebody would tell leggy to keep it simple instead of the beckham like long balls he trys!

I think blades fans have been more than fair with him after some of his performences over the years. If he was at any other club (such as wednesday) the fans would have turned him into a nervous wreck.

Oh well he shouldn't have been played then......so who would have created then??

Some player who probably wouldn't have signed anyway??

You have to go with what is there.....it's called reality.

Sorry for the double post but.....

If Gerrard does stuff like that it's world class if Monty does it.......oh he had a crap first half though!

The guy can't win can he even when he's got us 3 points today.

:rolleyes:

silverfox said:
Sorry for the double post but.....

If Gerrard does stuff like that it's world class if Monty does it.......oh he had a crap first half though!

The guy can't win can he even when he's got us 3 points today.

very very true steve

Oh well he shouldn't have been played then......so who would have created then??

Sorry but ive got no idea what on earth you are on about, where has anybody said he shouldnt have played?

He played well and created a goal, ive said that.

He played well like alot of other players, he wasnt better than jagielka, davis, hulse etc so i dont see why you should go overboard.

You're wasting your time on here mate.

You are correct by saying what you say....we are crying out for the type of pass that Monty gave today for the goal, and all we see is negative stuff.

Who else has provided such a pass this season??

No mention for Monty?

How strange when he played so well and made the goal from nothing?

I take it thats you on BU....abit obsessed maybe?

Sharpy said:
Sorry but ive got no idea what on earth you are on about, where has anybody said he shouldnt have played?

He played well like alot of other players, he wasnt better than jagielka, davis, hulse etc so i dont see why you should go overboard.

Overboard??

I'm saying he created a great goal.........don't you agree?

Sharpy said:
I take it thats you on BU....abit obsessed maybe?

Me obsessed????

:D :D :D

You go on about creative midfielders all the time and when one of our midfield players actually shows it you can't praise them.

Monty was the player that actually MADE A DIFFERENCE and MADE THE GOAL!

What a joker!

I'll let the majority decide Sharpy.

By the way we won today and you should be a happy boy.......try to learn!

Monty was QUALITY tonight, he certainly knows how to try and take the game by the scruff of the neck, he has totally cemented his place in the first team now.

Sharpy said:
QUOTE]

Where did you say he created a goal.....I must have missed that.

Why can't people just praise people who play well and create stuff??

It's the best pass of the season but can't you see that??

Oh well.

Blades4eva said:
Monty was QUALITY tonight, he certainly knows how to try and take the game by the scruff of the neck, he has totally cemented his place in the first team now.

I personally thoguht monty had a poor game today!

Created the all important goal though and thats all that matters to me :)

who needs ronaldinho weve got montydinho lol he was class second half not so good 1st but none of the team was really good shot from leggy as well about 35 yards out

SF you are going OTT about monty.

truth is, 1st half he was very poor, 2nd half he was good. His passing is still poor and Leggy was the better player in midfield.

silverfox said:
Sharpy doesn't agree with me......what's new?

:)

Us paying good money to see the comedy fisticuffs of the century.
Silverfox v Sharpy... Like Mohammed Ali v Ronnie Corbett:D

shorehamview said:
Us paying good money to see the comedy fisticuffs of the century.
Silverfox v Sharpy... Like Mohammed Ali v Ronnie Corbett:D

He could come to forum footy.

I elbowed Pedders today by mistake.

But I kicked Oli on purpose!

And I tried to run Jonny over in the car park!

Sharpy said:
SF you are going OTT about monty.

truth is, 1st half he was very poor, 2nd half he was good. His passing is still poor and Leggy was the better player in midfield.

I have to say i agree there Monty was abit poor 1st half although certainly picked his game up 2nd half. Question now is can he perform consistantly enough on a regular basis.

Mouseytheblade said:
See, told everyone he'd bottle it :)

To be fair mousey, he has said in the past he didn't want to meet a bunch of weirdo's off the internet.

He describes you lot with a vision and clarity.

He's nowt to worry about, Keenzy is my bitch :D

Sorry guys, but I'm with Sharpy and Tino on the Monty front, I thought he was awful first half and picked up in the second. A sublime cross for the goal but I don't see how that would "cement" his place in the team. It certainly doesn't work that way for ANYBODY else (Ifill, Geary - even Keef prior to this season)

It'd be interesting to see the stats for the game and who lost posession the most. :rolleyes:

I'm over the moon with the result, especially looking at the opposition, the venue and the massive difference in wages between the two teams. However, it's a bloody good job we got the points because I genuinely think if we'd failed to take them all we'd have been pretty much done for survival-wise. This will no doubt sound ridiculous to many on this forum but look at it this way. Judging by the results of the teams around us this weekend we'd be well in the think of it right now and judging by the upcoming fixtures, the turn in fortune for West Ham in particular, we'd be bottom of the pack for weeks to come and once you're down there, the harder it is to dig yourself out. That said, we got the all important first away goal, we got the result, we got the three points - purely because of the Newcastle performance, I now think it's not beyond the realms of possibility to get a point or even two :eek: from the next two games. I'll be right behind everybody on that pitch and pay respect to each and everyone for individual displays. I just won't get carried away. Up the blades. We are Premiership.

Oh, and for me, the pass of the match goes to Leggy for the chipped through-ball to Quinn.

Sharpy said:
I play proper football on a sunday thanks :p

What team for :D

As for monty, I like the lad because he never knows when the team is down and out. He has superb stamina.

The turn on emre on saturday left me in shock, im still shaking a bit now :D but the cross, although it created the goal, was not that good. And if Newcastle had done there defensive duties properly would have cleared it with out a problem. For Danny Webber to win (and i use the word "win" in the lightest context available) a header and score is not heard of.

I Feel monty has a lot more to offer, but I am still unsure of having him and leigterwood in the same side.

Great to see Quinn getting a few games under his belt though

TBH Robbie, if you can ask questions of the NU defense for the Webber header, surely you can as questions of Emre for Monty's "turn". He was miles away from Monty and he carried on running in the wrong direction!! Fair play to Monty for making the best of it though.

Back
Top Bottom