mcnulty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Collins seems to me to be one of those players that you drop to the bench and it gives him the necessary kick up the backside when he comes back in, but to omit him completely well..........
I know,even Kennedy was on the bench instead last night.I think it's fair to say Collins has finished at BDTBL.

My dad reckoned Greaves was the best English goalscorer he ever saw.
Greaves would be considered "World Class" these days.

366 goals in 528 appearances in Top Leagues and 44 goals in 57 games for England confirm that. Superb movement especially in the box, two footed and quick he must have been a nightmare to play against. The drink did for him after he was left out for the Final.

If you get chance to read his autobiography, it is one of the best football ones around, very open about the highs and the lows.

I can't think of anyone else who has scored so many at the top in that era. Denis Law another great striker certainly didn't.

Some of the players mentioned in this thread,in the same breathe as McNulty,just shows how highly he's already rated with us and goes to show that things are finally on the up.

Some of the players mentioned in this thread,in the same breathe as McNulty,just shows how highly he's already rated with us and goes to show that things are finally on the up.

That's true enough Wizzer. Not sure he's anywhere near some of the names this thread has brought up but he's had a decent enough start.

I was trying to have a conversation about the difference between great goalscorers and the scorers of great goals with someone after we sold Blackman (it turned ugly after said someone went off piste and ended up getting banned) BUT I think McNulty could be in the former category (whereas I was trying to say Blackman was in the second and clearly not the first.
Liking his work immensely this month, hope it continues, and improves, all season.

Last edited:
That's true enough Wizzer. Not sure he's anywhere near some of the names this thread has brought up but he's had a decent enough start.

I was trying to have a conversation about the difference between great goalscorers and the scorers of great goals with someone after we sold Blackman (it turned ugly after said someone went off piste and ended up getting banned) BUT I think McNulty could be in the former category (whereas I was trying to say Blackman was in the second and clearly not the first).
Liking his work immensely this month, hope it continues, and improves, all season.
I'd just like to clear up that he isn't anywhere near any of the names mentioned yet,or might never be anywhere near them,i was merely pointing out that to be mentioned in the same sentances and breathe is a brilliant thing on it's own G2000.Good post btw.

Whilst Clough is perfectly entitled to criticise his players, as he's the manager, I would prefer it if he did it in private rarther than in public. I didn't actually think MM did much wrong tbh, but my opinion doesn't count

What does annoy me is if he sees fit to criticise MM, why the fk didn't he also criticise Higdon? Did anyone actually see him run the channels? Does he actually know where a channel is?

He stood in the middle waving his arms a lot, that's all I saw.

I get the impression Clough has his favourites and at the minute MM isn't one of them. He wouldn't have even started if Baxter had been fit despite his current scoring form

Good managers do not criticise people in public or in front of others unless they are trying to lose their services. That goes in any in any line of work.
It may be evidence of being a chip off the old block,but I'm afraid is not the best way to motivate. I have admiration for what Cloughie Junior has achieved at our club but still has a lot to learn about people skills.

He will be dropped for higopotomaus as soon as his bans up

It was an unusual interview, the RS interviewer set Nigel what looked a nice easy question so he could do the standard managers sound bite praise of the player and Nigel turned into into an in depth critique of Mark's weaknesses.

Maybe Nigel is trying to be like his Dad and avoid the cliche ridden interviews that so many managers give?

Either that or he was expecting a question on Ched and was completely thrown.

Mm.. Ched 'n' Mac upfront anyone ?
Could be crackin' !
(No moaners please..Ched's a free man now !')

Im glad everyone seems to be coming round to Mcnulty's potential. As I have said before, there isn't one attribute that seems to stick out, but he is still some player. Hopefully, and I have no doubt he will, Scougz will come into a game soon.

If you could also give Iain Turner a game that would be my Scottish wet dream complete.

Last edited:
Greaves would be considered "World Class" these days.

366 goals in 528 appearances in Top Leagues and 44 goals in 57 games for England confirm that. Superb movement especially in the box, two footed and quick he must have been a nightmare to play against. The drink did for him after he was left out for the Final.

If you get chance to read his autobiography, it is one of the best football ones around, very open about the highs and the lows.

I can't think of anyone else who has scored so many at the top in that era. Denis Law another great striker certainly didn't.
I can just about remember Jimmy Greaves...ofcourse I've seen the footage of him on tv,but remember him playing for Spurs at the Lane...my Dad used to tell me what a great player/goalscorer he was...vague memories of him playing and scoring in TC's debut which I think we won 3-2...I was there at the Lane the previous season where he also scored a late equaliser ..I think he used to score just about everytime we came up against him.in those days.
As for Mcnulty...always thought he would score goals with a run in the team..early days,but great start and will improve.

Back
Top Bottom