McAtee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Clearly not ready for men’s football. No presence, cannot read the game, it bypasses him.

All the potential in the world but not at it at all. Would be much better playing Arblaster if needed, he’s At exactly the same stage and not ready either, but at least he’s ours and we’ll see the benefits of chucking him in.

Fingers crossed Doyle is fit for the weekend or it’ll be another long 90 minutes

I doubt we see Doyle until after the World Cup

For me, he was no worse than anyone else tonight.. at least he had one or two promising moments where he tried to make something happen.
The key word being "tried"

He's lightweight and ineffective.

I could try and only difference would be that I would be heavyweight and ineffective

Not throwing shade at McAtee tonight. I thought Hecky got his subs all wrong.

If McAtee isn't fully fit and Reda is why you are bringing him on?

Mcatee was the ideal replacement for the left footed Fleck

Not throwing shade at McAtee tonight. I thought Hecky got his subs all wrong.

If McAtee isn't fully fit and Reda is why you are bringing him on?
Straight swap for Fleck.. Reda then brought on for more width and pace.

From what little bit I've seen of Blaster this year, surely he would benefit from playing. I think he offers more than Osborne or McAtee as well.

Young player, he's obviously got talent.. I agree he needs to show more, but to early to write him off.

I have not seen any of the talent yet. His touch often is heavy and he rarely runs with the ball or plays good passes. He just looks terrified and often hides behind his man. I have seen nothing in him technically and attitude to suggest he will make it at a decent level. I appreciate he is very young but he was not even running tonight. Needs to impose himself and show he wants to get into games and not just go through the motions.

I have not seen any of the talent yet. His touch often is heavy and he rarely runs with the ball or plays good passes. He just looks terrified and often hides behind his man. I have seen nothing in him technically and attitude to suggest he will make it at a decent level. I appreciate he is very young but he was not even running tonight. Needs to impose himself and show he wants to get into games and not just go through the motions.
Are you talking about Fleck or Macatee?

Had a nightmare at Luton, but has shown glimpses since without setting the world alight. He's highly rated, it's whether he can make the step up, and not fair to single him out when just about the whole team were below par.. Hopefully he'll improve and find his feet with more minutes, to early to write him off.

Young player, he's obviously got talent.. I agree he needs to show more, but to early to write him off.

It's never too early to write a player off for some United fans.

Ciaran Clark was apparently 'wank' and a 'shit loan' after the Watford game despite playing a few hundred a PL games.

McAtee is only 19 and is highly rated at City despite not yet being seen at the level of a Palmer.

He's here to learn his trade and experience the rigours of men's football.

He's not about putting challenges in and winning the ball, his strength is picking the ball up inside the opposition half and going the right way. He was coming short and having the ball fired at him at pace last night at times.

If he was in our Academy we'd be raving and excited about having him.

If you're not impressed, blame Hecky not the lad.

From what little bit I've seen of Blaster this year, surely he would benefit from playing. I think he offers more than Osborne or McAtee as well.
I do question whether a fully fit Blaster offers more than a semi-fit McAtee. Plus Blaster is a Blade, he would have relished the thought of snapping a few, it might have got the crowd up for it too.

I don't care if he's from man City or Barcelona! The lads clearly lightweight and not what we needed for the championship, arblaster should be given a chance, the midfield is a big problem yes we have injuries and without Berge we're getting over run. Lobbing long balls up to Mcburnie and just hoping is sadly not the answer, it was an embarrassing defeat last night!!

McAtee did okay, think you should aim frustrations at senior players like Stevens and Robinson who are making a habit of making mistakes. If you think he had no presence I would love to hear your thoughts on Osborn, looks like a boy against men most of the match and just runs round like a headless chicken.
At least Osborn picked his man up on their goal... Oh...

Back
Top Bottom