Match of the Day Shite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big talking point, they managed to discuss other games enough. That counts and the games ends differently. They didn’t show hamer getting grabbed round his throat or the fact they shouldn’t have had th throw in that leads to the 3rd goal

Isn’t it amazing how we’ve got dedicated sports tv and radio channels, along with all the other social media, yet none of them talk about the issues we discuss in the pub after the match or on here. Either we don’t understand football or Sheffield United don’t currently fit the narrative of the soap opera the premier league has become.

I still don't see a lot wrong with our fourth goal.
I've watched it back several times, stop/started it and still don't understand the decision. I'd like to see the lines for the VAR decision. The commentator said the goalie's view was blocked by an off side player - can't see that myself. We'll never know.

Isn’t it amazing how we’ve got dedicated sports tv and radio channels, along with all the other social media, yet none of them talk about the issues we discuss in the pub after the match or on here. Either we don’t understand football or Sheffield United don’t currently fit the narrative of the soap opera the premier league has become.
I was brought up to always accept the referee's decision, but since VAR the referees themselves question decisions - and still get it wrong (some of the time).

When Robinson plays the ball back in, it looks like Vini is just offside, and cos he then plays the ball back to McB to score, the VAR ref decided he had interfered with play? But the ball did come off the defender before Vini played the ball, so it's a question whether the defender intended to play it? Looked harsh on us to me, and not a clear and obvious error?

I've watched it back several times, stop/started it and still don't understand the decision. I'd like to see the lines for the VAR decision. The commentator said the goalie's view was blocked by an off side player - can't see that myself. We'll never know.
I don't know what they showed on MOTD but watching it live, they showed the VAR view and Souza was offside. He toe poked the ball back to McBurnie. Without him toe-poking the ball back, McB doesn't score. I still hate VAR though. Cunts.

I don't know what they showed on MOTD but watching it live, they showed the VAR view and Souza was offside. He toe poked the ball back to McBurnie. Without him toe-poking the ball back, McB doesn't score. I still hate VAR though. Cunts.
This raises the other issue regarding VAR. Fans in the ground haven't got a clue what's going on when VAR comes into play. As has been said elsewhere, the stadium screen was flashing 'goal' all the time the check was going on. The application of VAR is only semi-understandable to live TV viewers

Agreed. The question is whether the defender deliberately touched it before the Souza toe poke? If so then surely not off side.

clear and obvious error?
Exactly, that’s only when VAR should intervene. Ref didn’t see owt, Lino dint see owt and their players or goalie didn’t claim owt. So where was the “clear and obvious error”.

Im a fan of VAR when used honestly. Now every goal is scrutinised for any reason they can to disallow a goal, not just us but any goal.

And what’s this sh!te with ball boys? Unbelievable when ref warned Grbic for time wasting when he had to trot halfway across the pitch to cllect the nearest ”coned ball”. Then, ref had to wait for free kick cause no one would throw a ball ont pitch, bonkers.

It's the bit where it hits McBurnies knee. If you freeze it there, Souza is offside. He then comes back and tackles for the ball that falls back to McBurnie.
There's no further offside after that so it has to be the build up. Commentator is wrong.

They did praise BBD but barely talked about the actual game. Why the fuck wasn't it the second game on though, given there were 6 goals, and was still shoved to the end of the programme behind even the dull Villa-Wolves game

That’s just fucking ridiculous having seen it for the first time - looking for the slightest excuse to chalk goals off. This is a millions miles away from “clear and obvious”.

When Robinson plays the ball back in, it looks like Vini is just offside, and cos he then plays the ball back to McB to score, the VAR ref decided he had interfered with play? But the ball did come off the defender before Vini played the ball, so it's a question whether the defender intended to play it? Looked harsh on us to me, and not a clear and obvious error?
Thier defending of this goal was like watching us defend all season yet they somehow got away with it and we never do. Cruel game this football

It's because everyone knows we're going down having stunk up the division with our piss poor football all season.

Until we play someone significant where the result will have some baring on the title, Champions league positions etc, or a direct head to head at the bottom, no one cares what happens in our matches. Sheffield United vs Fulham is a seemingly insignificant nothing game so any contentious points to discuss aren't deemed worth talking about.

I get that. It would be like Sunderland vs Bristol City. Who cares if a goal was disallowed in the grand scheme of the Championship.

Don't watch it!
Every week we have a post like this and yet people still watch it. It's like complaining a restaurant is shite and then making a reservation the following week. The highlights are available within an hour on youtube and/or Sky's website, followed by 10 minute highlights the next day or so. Why would you support something that hates you?

Back
Top Bottom