Marcus (aka boundsgreen) - RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dont know if folk believe in the bricks but i think mates whip rounds and then a RIP message on the remerbrance wall at brammal lane are great.
A great friend and fellow blade passed in December and we did a remembrance brick,knowing he would have loved it

Still sorely missed Marcus. RIP. South Coast Blade aka Harry

A sad anniversary for quite a few on here. I'm sure we all still miss him. I actually was sorting photos today and found the one on this thread with me, Marcus, Andy (Blackheath Blade ) and Andy. It's been a poor season, poorer still attending games and not meeting the little fella. At least Bertie Mee now knows.

Having read through this thread it makes me realise the importance of camaraderie amongst fellow supporters.

We can, and do, fight amongst ourselves, but like any family with ties made of steel, woe betide any outsider attempting to do the same.

Unfortunately I appear to be in a cycle of never-ending immobility, so I rarely get to meet fellow Blades. I've met a few, Foxy and Linz (brilliant people), SeanThornton (top man), silverfox (truly decent geezer) and what would this forum be like without it's own devil's advocate but nevertheless essential, Pinchy (top, top man). All sound as a pound, possessed of good values, and formidable Blades. More's the pity that I'm currently unable to meet other Blades. Hope it happens but I'm not holding my breath ;) I must also mention Hillmortonblade. Not met him as much as I'd like, but a good, good man regardless.

Reading through the many posts you can feel the warmth, love, and sadness due to the absence of Marcus. It's the fact that many of you were able to meet Marcus that matters, and just as he appears to have enriched your lives, I'm sure his was all the better for meeting each of you. Great thread, and it makes you realise that when it comes to the stuff that matters, being kind, funny, sometimes possessed of spikey banter, but always mindful that we're human, and therefore worth our time and trouble. UTB!

Sad anniversary indeed. Many’s the time in the last three years i’ve turned up to watch a United game either at the match or at the pub and wondered “I wonder if i’ll see Marcus today?” and then remembering that he’s not around any more.

There’s not many things that would have improved the win over the pigs in September, but watching Marcus bounce around the Maple Leaf going absolutely crackers certainly would have been the cherry on top.

You meet all sorts on Blades away days (particularly London Blade away days!), and I'm chuffed that Marcus was one of those sorts I managed to chat and drink with. I owed him a beer I think, and a bit like Highbury_Blade above, whenever I'm with the London Blades I wonder if he'll be around to repay him that pint :(

RIP Blade. Sad news.

Back
Top Bottom