Low point of the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The low points...there's two huge ones..

1, realising in January that we were skint... I mean, nothing to spend, zilch, nada, fuck all...after being promised by all and sundry "so long as we keep in touch" a prince and mcabe without a pot to piss in.. It could only happen to us..

2, that Adkins is nothing special, and can't get 40 professionals knocked into some sort of first team that can play with any purpose..he's not the messiah, he's over optimistic and he's annoyingly "happy with absolutely everything" the same way a mental case is.. We could lose 6-0 at home to the pigs and he'd describe it as a great game, end to end stuff, we could have won it... We know we've been shit pal, we've been watching, why not just be honest cause otherwise it'll get worse really quickly, stop trying to piss up our backs Adkins...

Gillingham first day. Long in net and McEveley captain. Never been so sure we'd lose.

1. Shrewsbury at home- perhaps the worst performance I have ever seen from a Sheffield United Team
2. Burton at home- the worst of a run of incredibly uninspiring games. A game I almost decided not to go to and spent the game wishing I hadn't.
3. Gills away- All the pre-season optimism smashed spectacularly.
4. Colchester home- embarrassingly bad in the first half, still looked like taking at least a point. Conceded again, got the penalty as a get out of jail and ballsed that up too. Pretty much symptomatic of our season as a whole.
5. Rochdale away- the crowd turned on the gutless players. Blades fighting blades, the pitch cover debacle etc.

Actual low point. Seeing the prices that those money grabbing Manc cunts wanted to charge for a 3rd round FA Cup tie against Division Three opposition.

General low point - the whole thing, when I look at the "150 years of Sheffield United" book when I'm in my 80's, I'll look at the 2015/2016 page (surely it won't get any more than that) and think very hard before realising I don't remember a single game that took place.

Gillingham away on the first day of the season, really hot, loads of Blades, never has so much hope been dashed when you saw Adkins's first team selection which then was confirmed with the performance

Bury and Colchester at home in 5 days in September, if we had won them both I seem to remember we would have gone top of the league. Taken apart by two very poor teams

The August window shutting and it was clear we hadn't strengthend followed by the bizarre chasing of Dan Burn who was clearly the only central defender available in the whole global football world. Yet every time I happen to see a Fulham line up he was playing for them, we may as well have tried to sign Robert Huth

Shrewsbury at home was the most unprofessional, disjointed capitulation I've ever seen from a United team so that has to be right up there in anybody's book. It also marked the realisation that we're genuinely shit and were in for a shambolic season.

A lot to choose from, but for me it was Swindon's equaliser against us at Bramall Lane in January. Awful defending, all the players running towards the ball , meaning the Swindon player had a simple pass to his teammate leaving him clear on goal. Final confirmation that we weren't good enough to challenge for promotion. Someone on the forum amusingly called it the rubber duck formation.
Struggling for a high point, but as far as the low point is/was concerned, 100%, Crewe away. It was awful, truly awful.

Struggling for a high point, but as far as the low point is/was concerned, 100%, Crewe away. It was awful, truly awful.

To be honest you could replace the word "Crewe" with "Port Vale" or "Oldham", or, well you get the point mate.

Oldham away was the first time I heard "you're not fit to wear the shirt" being sung by a lot of people

To be honest you could replace the word "Crewe" with "Port Vale" or "Oldham", or, well you get the point mate.

Oldham away was the first time I heard "you're not fit to wear the shirt" being sung by a lot of people
Agree. Vale, Oldham (away), Shrewsbury and Colchester (home) were definitely awful too. But Crewe was a double awful:(

I agree with four out of five of your choices. I thought Burton away was a solid away performance against a team that will be in League One next year. Yes, perhaps with a bit more ambition we could have won it. My other low point would be Colchester at home, being outplayed by one of the worst teams in the League. I honestly thought Colchester would be going for the playoffs after that game. I hadn't fully realised it as a case of us being awful rather than Colchester being good.

I disagree, after that game I had serious reservations about Adkins and our team. I don't mind playing cautiously away from home against good teams but that was frankly embarrassing.

I also agree with others about Bury Away. I seem to have erased that from my memory.

Back
Top Bottom