Low point of the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The grass is always greener Pete, we'll just have to hope this season was just a blip but if he starts next season like he started this one he's on his bike.....

I'm specifically talking about his interviews, that's what they're getting their knickers in a twist about today.

Warnock's post match blame game was 20 times worse.

Low points?

Those of you on here who moan and groan and whine and whinge about SUFC, anti manager, anti board, anti player..

Surely, you're all in your element when the club fails, when the manager makes mistakes, when players aren't up to your standard, and you can glorify in your ability to tell everyone, everyday, in every fuckin' thread, the same old regurgitated shit that you spew.

You love the Low Points.... it's what keeps you alive on a football message board.

Fuck knows what you're like in reality, Thank Christ I won't have to meet you.

It's only being so cheerful Lydon that keeps us going.......:)

Low points?

Those of you on here who moan and groan and whine and whinge about SUFC, anti manager, anti board, anti player..

Surely, you're all in your element when the club fails, when the manager makes mistakes, when players aren't up to your standard, and you can glorify in your ability to tell everyone, everyday, in every fuckin' thread, the same old regurgitated shit that you spew.

You love the Low Points.... it's what keeps you alive on a football message board.

:D :D :D

I can't decide between Shrewsbury and Burton at home.

Both games were worse than just bad performances. They revealed that our problems went beyond the ordinariness of our squad - they showed that something poisonous had taken hold and the whole bloody place needed fumigating.

This time next week I trust that not even the cockroaches will have survived the cleansing in that dressing room.

Shrewsbury was far worse than Burton.

Give Burton some credit - they have finished (almost) 2nd in the league and did a job on us that night they were at least organised.

The team that played Shrewsbury scored first, but was utterly useless in midfield and just gave in.

People who went said Bury was worse.

UTB

I'm specifically talking about his interviews, that's what they're getting their knickers in a twist about today.

Warnock's post match blame game was 20 times worse.

When Warnock left just about every one agreed that he'd taken us as far as he could go and we were ready for the next step up the ladder..
Looking back with 20x20 vision says we were wrong, but then again that's easy to say when your looking back....

Shrewsbury was far worse than Burton.

Give Burton some credit - they have finished (almost) 2nd in the league and did a job on us that night they were at least organised.

The team that played Shrewsbury scored first, but was utterly useless in midfield and just gave in.

People who went said Bury was worse.

UTB

Bury was diabolical.

Low points?

The feeling may well be mutual.
Why telling the truth about the Scouse clown and the excreta on the pitch is a bad thing I just do not know.
Glad the players are up to your standard.

The feeling may well be mutual.
Why telling the truth about the Scouse clown and the excreta on the pitch is a bad thing I just do not know.
Glad the players are up to your standard.

Don't jab, go for the killer punch and knock me out.
I'm laughing at you.

Next.

It was probably a pint of "Old Golden Hen", which is made by the "Old Speckled Hen" people. It was the last one in the barrel, could tell as soon as I tasted it.

That was probably my low pint of the season.

I only liked this because it's exactly the kind of awful joke that I would make.

I think I'm with Pete on low points. After enduring month after month of unremitting shite with a flicker of hope that the JTW would be our salvation right up to the very last second of the window.

Only to find that there was finally no hope of an upturn in our fortunes. No one was going to come in. We didn't even come up with fax machine related nonsense. We had abandoned the season with barely more than a whimper.

Low points?

Unbelievable, to come on and slag everyone off who doesn't agree with you. We criticise because we care so much about the club, not because we enjoy our current plight. Its ridiculous to expect passionate fans to sit back and put up with our current situation, without them becoming angry. Only by fans complainaing and protesting, will McCabe be pressurised into changing things. Not complaining does not make you more of a fan or give you the right to say what we can and cant post. I feel another Adkins out post coming on.

Unbelievable, to come on and slag everyone off who doesn't agree with you. We criticise because we care so much about the club, not because we enjoy our current plight. Its ridiculous to expect passionate fans to sit back and put up with our current situation, without them becoming angry. Only by fans complainaing and protesting, will McCabe be pressurised into changing things. Not complaining does not make you more of a fan or give you the right to say what we can and cant post. I feel another Adkins out post coming on.

Next.

it's a toss up between

1 Shrewsbury's (yes, fucking Shrewsbury, can you believe it?) 4th - "you're not fit to wear the shirt" - a real horror moment

and

2 Driving home listening to Jim Phipps on Radio Sheff a couple of days after the transfer window had shut, think "oh fuck, our season's over"

On the flip side highlights include the chesterfield and Peterborough games, "jeez, that sammon guy is a class above anything in this league, 2 assists and 2 goals in his last 2 games, bladeacoaster here we come"

and

Bradford?

Thought things turned ugly with the way we collapsed to Rochdale but as said, Bury in the cold and driving rain was as disgraceful performance as I've seen since we have been in league 1. The players just didn't want to know and but for Long it could genuinely have been 4 or 5-0. Those of us who went should have been refunded out of the players pockets. It's a long time since I left a blades game as dejected as that one. Adkins stood there piss wet through in his suit and along with the players got vile dogs abuse that was totally deserved.

When knob head gave that penalty away in 89th minute at old Trafford. And their player went down as if he'd been shot by a sniper.

When Warnock left just about every one agreed that he'd taken us as far as he could go and we were ready for the next step up the ladder..
Looking back with 20x20 vision says we were wrong, but then again that's easy to say when your looking back....

Most people thought his time had passed. But then no one warned us that the alternative was the worst manager in god's creation.

5 defining games for me;

1. Gillingham away - after all the pre season guff when it came down to 11 of ours and 11 of theirs we were lacking in every department. An awful day.

2. Burton away - a really odd game. Absolutely zero intent to try and "win a game of football"

3. Shrewsbury home - like watching a junior football team. Shocking

4. Burton home - absolutely woeful

5. Barnsley at home - despite shoots of recovery we never really went for it until it was too late. A victory could've given us a playoff place despite this fucking depressing season.

This season can never be repeated.

I'd add Bury away to that list - awful, just truly awful.

Unquestionably and without a shadow of a doubt, the totally pathetic, insipid and effortless 1-0 home defeat to Clough's Burton side to hand them the points that have ultimately seen him and them get promoted.

It's like some of our players played to lose that game out of loyalty to their ex boss.

It was an absolute disgrace in a season of disgraces.

Unquestionably and without a shadow of a doubt, the totally pathetic, insipid and effortless 1-0 home defeat to Clough's Burton side to hand them the points that have ultimately seen him and them get promoted.

It's like some of our players played to lose that game out of loyalty to their ex boss.

It was an absolute disgrace in a season of disgraces.

Lol.

• Knowing that before a ball was kicked automatic promotion was a pipe dream.

Aside from some of the embarrassments on the pitch, I'll go for the January transfer window surrender. Unforgivable.

Back
Top Bottom