CONFIRMED Louie Marsh signs a new contract and loaned to Doncaster Rovers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This lad sounds very promising. Every chance he gets loaned out to a div one or two team next season to play mens football. Maybe a cameo appearance from the bench at Brum? We gave Hackford his debut at 16 and this kid is 2 years older and scoring for fun

This lad sounds very promising. Every chance he gets loaned out to a div one or two team next season to play mens football. Maybe a cameo appearance from the bench at Brum? We gave Hackford his debut at 16 and this kid is 2 years older and scoring for fun

I have every confidence that if or when he's ready Hecky will give him a chance.

We seem to have an abundance of promising teenage strikers atm

How long are Arblaster, Osula, marsh, brooks and jebbo signed up for.

Our head of academy recruitment is kept very much in the shadows because, rightly I think the club are terrified of losing him (Steve Holmes if you are wondering)

Jebbo is on a pro contract until 2024.

Infact I think a few of the lads are to prevent cat 1 academies taking them for pennies (if that's how it works)

Are you sure?
I thought jebbison was close to his contract expiring?
Dont know when Jebbo's current contract expires. All our Academy players are registered to us until they are 24 or if we decide to release them. If Jebbo's contract expires before he is 24 and refuses to sign our new contract offer then club who wants to sign him will have to pay compensation before we de-register him.

Only watched the highlights but Marsh looks impressive everytime I've seen him..I was hoping to see him around the first team more especially in one or two of the cup games,but a real talent.

Always frustrates that SUFC appear afraid of blooding youngsters to any great extent in favour of sticking with the "old guard" although granted that will probably change when a few leave this summer.

Our 18/19 year olds are always a "work in progress" when many other Champ and Prem clubs have a few of the same age regularly starting.

There's that old saying if they are good enough, they are old enough!

Always frustrates that SUFC appear afraid of blooding youngsters to any great extent in favour of sticking with the "old guard" although granted that will probably change when a few leave this summer.

Our 18/19 year olds are always a "work in progress" when many other Champ and Prem clubs have a few of the same age regularly starting.

I guess the counter-argument to that would be, other than Ndiaye, I can't think of any of them have come in to the first team and it the ground running? Maybe it's the level of youth league theyre playing at, or something else, but the step up always seems to catch them out...

I guess the counter-argument to that would be, other than Ndiaye, I can't think of any of them have come in to the first team and it the ground running? Maybe it's the level of youth league theyre playing at, or something else, but the step up always seems to catch them out...

But we don't give them much of a chance though do we. Ndaiye is the exception but Jebbo, Osula, Arblaster, have all been in and around the first team but we insist on sticking with the Norwoods, Flecks and Sharps....even for cup games.

Think most would benefit from a loan next season as chances will probably be even more limited...

But we don't give them much of a chance though do we. Ndaiye is the exception but Jebbo, Osula, Arblaster, have all been in and around the first team but we insist on sticking with the Norwoods, Flecks and Sharps....even for cup games.

Think most would benefit from a loan next season as chances will probably be even more limited...
Couldn't agree more. The minutes Sharp and Fleck have had this year should have gone to Jebbison and coulibally /arblaster...

Just don't see how our 18 year olds are going to hit the ground running in the PL. Would love to see Marsh, Peck etc come through, but don't see how that happens in the PL.

Which 18/19 year olds currently in Utd's set up do you feel are good enough for the first team Torrix?

You may well see the U18s and U23s far more than I do but I would have thought PH, given his excellent record of developing youth players, would be the best placed to judge their ability and readiness to play senior football.

Following Utd's promotion, I think you'll see even fewer lads breakthrough until either Utd are relegated or the academy is able to attract better talent (over Cat 1s in the area).

Jebbison was very unfortunate this season. Every time he got going something halted him (suspension, injury etc.)
PH wasn't afraid to throw him in, if he'd kept on a roll he'd have stayed in.

Arblaster had a stop-start season, again due mainly due to illness. He looked the mustard in pre-season and I hope he secures a loan in League 1 to kickstart his career.

I don't think we're reluctant with our youth at all. PHs record is pretty decent in this regard.

Want to see Osula, Brooks, Buyabu, Coulibaly etc. all out playing regular games in the EFL next season. It's hard to develop from the bench.

Jebbison was very unfortunate this season. Every time he got going something halted him (suspension, injury etc.)
PH wasn't afraid to throw him in, if he'd kept on a roll he'd have stayed in.

Arblaster had a stop-start season, again due mainly due to illness. He looked the mustard in pre-season and I hope he secures a loan in League 1 to kickstart his career.

I don't think we're reluctant with our youth at all. PHs record is pretty decent in this regard.

Want to see Osula, Brooks, Buyabu, Coulibaly etc. all out playing regular games in the EFL next season. It's hard to develop from the bench.
Numerically we may need some or all of these unless we have a summer of transfers beyond our expectations

How many 18/19 year olds are regulars, starting every game for championship clubs. Especially ones where literally every result of vital. It’s not many.

We can criticise the blades for lots of things but I’m not sure youth development is one.

Our academy has developed Maguire, naughton, Walker, Lawton, tonge, Jagielka, brooks, DCL, ramsdale. That’s more England internationals than most PL academies have produced.

We’ve the likes of jebbo, osula, Ndaiye (I know he’s older), arblaster coming through. Hecky has thrown loads on young players in and given them debuts - something wilder never was bothered about.

We’ve a PL squad they need to be great to be getting regular minutes. If we’d a fantastic young left back I’m sure he’d have been playing over stevens for example.

Back
Top Bottom