Last / Most memorable Hat-rick for SUFC?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was gutted about the 7-3 game, my Dad put his foot down because it was a week night and made me stay at home to do my homework!

I really enjoyed the Cardiff game. I went with a Cardiff supporting colleague, I didn't realise that he was a complete cock until that day. It was nil nil at half time. We had 5 past Rotherham the previous week, I remember saying to the bloke behind me "we won't get 5 today"!

Nuddies 3rd might have been 30 yards out, but it must have bounced 3 times before it went in. Shocking goal keeping.

A most memorable match - watched it from the cop. I'm sure he scored a thunderbolt from the right hand side of the penalty area......
The third goal was the best, at the Lane End

GOAL - v Ipswich (h) 27.11.71. United took the lead following a brilliant ball by Hemsley and some good running and unselfish work by Dearden. Woodward cut in and though his shot lacked his normal power it was incredibly accurate and tucked just inside the left hand post to beat Sivell's belated dive.
GOAL - v Ipswich (h) 27.11.71. Salmons was brought down at full speed by Hunter and Mr Gow gave the Blades a penalty. Woodward sent Sivell the wrong way with the spot kick.
GOAL - v Ipswich (h) 27.11.71. Woodward completed his hat-trick in the 57th minute with a glorious left foot, first time volley, in meeting a ball by Hockey.
GOAL - v Ipswich (h) 27.11.71. In the 80th minute United made it seven with Woodward slamming home his fourth goal of the afternoon after Sivell could not hold a fierce Salmons drive.

As in the Cup memories thread, the Billy Russell hat-trick in the first 18 minutes of the 6th round tie at Newcastle in 1961 was the most astonishing I have seen. Another poster reported seeing him at Newcastle station after the game with his kitbag: will it have contained the matchball? Does anyone know when that tradition started?

I was gutted about the 7-3 game, my Dad put his foot down because it was a week night and made me stay at home to do my homework!

I really enjoyed the Cardiff game. I went with a Cardiff supporting colleague, I didn't realise that he was a complete cock until that day. It was nil nil at half time. We had 5 past Rotherham the previous week, I remember saying to the bloke behind me "we won't get 5 today"!

Nuddies 3rd might have been 30 yards out, but it must have bounced 3 times before it went in. Shocking goal keeping.
Why do you say the colleague was a cock?
I need to know .

Sorted him out a ticket and he sits on our kop doing that stupid head patting thing. Turned out to be just another Cardiff Hoolie.

James Beattie. I think he scored all three in 12 minutes (not the first 12). I think it was the first half but don't remember the fnal score. I'm sure that Silent will know. It was also my lad's first hat-trick.

James Beattie. I think he scored all three in 12 minutes (not the first 12). I think it was the first half but don't remember the fnal score. I'm sure that Silent will know. It was also my lad's first hat-trick.
Leicester City - April 2009. Won 3-0.

Is Edwards the only time a Blades sub has scored a hat-trick?

I remember it well, he was unstoppable when he came on. In his book, he reveals this was because he was angry for having been dropped to the bench again. Would I be right in thinking he replaced Alan Young, who got injured, yet again?

I remember it well, he was unstoppable when he came on. In his book, he reveals this was because he was angry for having been dropped to the bench again. Would I be right in thinking he replaced Alan Young, who got injured, yet again?
Didn't Carl Asaba do it away at Brighton in the triple assault season?

Cant remember who he replaced. Think he came on in the first half in the League Cup match against Grimsby in Oct 1982. I thought I had missed my bus to the match as it went past my stop when I got out of my house in Cemetery Road so I decided to run to Wreakes Lane (the other side of Dronfield) to catch the same bus and I did!

Cant remember who he replaced. Think he came on in the first half in the League Cup match against Grimsby in Oct 1982. I thought I had missed my bus to the match as it went past my stop when I got out of my house in Cemetery Road so I decided to run to Wreakes Lane (the other side of Dronfield) to catch the same bus and I did!

I saw your earlier post. Would you still be able to do that? :)

As in the Cup memories thread, the Billy Russell hat-trick in the first 18 minutes of the 6th round tie at Newcastle in 1961 was the most astonishing I have seen. Another poster reported seeing him at Newcastle station after the game with his kitbag: will it have contained the matchball? Does anyone know when that tradition started?

I was there too Hodgy, sat on my Dad's knee but if it was 1961 I was 12 years old, ah well; full house, we were Div 2 they were high up Div 1. Promotion year and the 3 semi-finals v Leicester.

I'm pretty sure Alan Young got his hat-trick against everyones favourite Blades manager who was in goal that day! :)

....and the Edwards one against Northampton, I remember it absolutely pissed it down all night. Probably not get played nowadays, sure it finished 7-3! Darren?
This was the first hat trick I saw....Mark Healey scored a cracker for them,they looked like fighting back,but we paralysed em.

I'm going with an earlier thread - the Deane 2 hatricks in a week. I missed the Burnley one as I was stuck on the motorway due to a fallen tree (loads of blades fans missed) but was on the Kop for the Ipswich one. From memory I "think" he'd just returned from a lengthy absence after glandular fever which made it all the more enjoyable and I was so happy for him.

Back
Top Bottom