Kit Launch at Doncaster Sheffield Airport

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure I believe that last bit. :)

Wherever he lived, Robin Hood is a stupid name for an airport.

Quite apt when you consider the "Duty Free" prices in a typical airport shop.

Reactions: Dkc

Not sure I believe that last bit. :)

Wherever he lived, Robin Hood is a stupid name for an airport.

Maybe I was letting the poetic licence run away somewhat :)

Robin Hood is a bit of a daft name.
It's up their with Wizard's Sleeve.

You see this is a bug bear of mine.
Who came from Nottingham?
The fucking Sherrif, that's who.
Robin was from Loxkey.
Where's Loxley?
Sheffield.
Loxley Chase was a hunting area set up by the Normans and it stretched from Loxley down to Sherwood.
Robin wouldn't be shitting on his own doorstep. He'd be off pikeying stuff from those soft beggars down in Sherwood Forest and bringing his hoard back up to South Yorkshire for a piss up with the clergy and a bloke who was called little but was actually the great great great great great great uncle of Bob Booker. The bloke is buried in the cemetery at Hathersage. He'd been on the lash at Fox House then Chequers before he tripped and fell on his staff and broke his own fucking neck. The soft twat.

They can claim the Sherrif.

Another little known fact is that Robert Locksley, his real name not his stage name, was a distant relative of Bob Marley who wrote a song, inspired by his forebear, that Eric Clapton went on to have great success with.

Went to a Yorkshire v Notts T20 at trent bridge about 8 years ago and there was a good few hundred Yorkies there. "Robin Hood was a Yorkshireman" was our chant of choice :)

Robin was from Loxkey.
Where's Loxley?
Sheffield.
Loxley Chase was a hunting area set up by the Normans and it stretched from Loxley down to Sherwood.
Robin wouldn't be shitting on his own doorstep. He'd be off pikeying stuff from those soft beggars down in Sherwood Forest and bringing his hoard back up to South Yorkshire for a piss up with the clergy and a bloke who was called little but was actually the great great great great great great uncle of Bob Booker. The bloke is buried in the cemetery at Hathersage. He'd been on the lash at Fox House then Chequers before he tripped and fell on his staff and broke his own fucking neck. The soft twat.

Another little known fact is that Robert Locksley, his real name not his stage name, was a distant relative of Bob Marley who wrote a song, inspired by his forebear, that Eric Clapton went on to have great success with.

You may be correct, but the main point of where I was coming from is that when people think of Robin Hood they instantly think of Sherwood Forest/Nottingham, Sheffield just doesn't come to the mind and is probably where the bugbear comes in.

Last edited:
You may be correct, but the main point of where I was coming from is that when people think of Robin Hood they instantly think of Sherwood Forest/Nottingham, Sheffield just doesn't come to the mind and is probably where the bugbear comes in.

No, Sherwood Forest & Worksop, ........................... :rolleyes:

Nottingham is the Sherrifs domain

Agree with the Bugbear tho'

You may be correct, but the main point of where I was coming from is that when people think of Robin Hood they instantly think of Sherwood Forest/Nottingham, Sheffield just doesn't come to the mind which is where I suppose the bugbear of yours comes from.
It does when you've got Sheffield in the title. It is Sheffield's airport, supported by Sheffield money in Sheffield City region.
The Robin Hood name is irrelevant, how many people call Liverpool airport (John Lennon) or Belfast city (George Best)?

I think its all a red herring driving home today i spotted this near the train station? Or at the very least I do hope we've gone with Nisa as our "official convenience store partner"

Attachments

• IMG_4562.PNG
    IMG_4562.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41

Didn't we do that once a few years back?
We did the same a few years ago

We certainly did. The infamous Midas Gold monstrosity. As bizarre a decision as the kit choice was, it was made worse by the decision to hold the photo shoot of the kit launch at a room in the Bramall Lane Hotel.

goldfinger1.jpg

We certainly did. The infamous Midas Gold monstrosity. As bizarre a decision as the kit choice was, it was made worse by the decision to hold the photo shoot of the kit launch at a room in the Bramall Lane Hotel.

goldfinger1.jpg
Hahaha not quite the one that I was thinking of!

It's a sad state of affairs when there are multiple threads about a shirt launch. Also, just shows how tinpot our Chairman is, trying to be the big shot with a big launch but coming off as Alan Partridge.

To be fair people were literally pissing themselves with excitement at the kit manufacturer, and they turned out one of our worst ever strips. I'm sure some people are bothered about the sponsor, personally I couldn't care less!
true.. i was one

Robin was from Loxkey.
Where's Loxley?
Sheffield.

Oo arh Little John, I said oo arh Little John

Next time I'm in Hathersage

Back
Top Bottom