CONFIRMED JCR on Loan to Notts County

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As has been said, is at best 3rd choice RM at this time. Maybe if he had any sort of left foot ...........

UTB

JCR will be missed a player when he gets the ball you think things would happen.

Our loss is Countys gain not one of the gaffers best moves.

Unless someone's coming in, this is a very odd decision.

I'm not a fan myself but he offers something we don;t have in the squad and can be the difference as an impact sub. strange.

Seems a bizarre decision

Yes, so was that ludicrous, crazy idea of bringing on Freeman against Cov....

JCR says he just wants to play first team football.

What does his dad think?

Seem's he's frustrated and he and NC have come to a sensible solution, It can be done without acrimony when both parties act reasonably.

I can be sure without even looking that t'owd len will insinuate that the move is ethnicity related (although that logic didn't apply when he arrived of course). He reckons that De Girolamo is on his way out because he's "foreignish", so anything is possible with JCR.

Good job Nigel hasn't seen O'Grady play recently. He thinks he's Irish.

Anyone can see O'Grady is coming in shortly and we will play a front three of ................................
Murphy O'Grady Done

;););)

Please let it be. I'll change my vote on the "Auto Poll" immediately.

Great post by the way

Not a phrase you hear very often, eh?

Can't say whether its a good idea or not - will wait and see if he tears into Bristol & co on our behalf!

That said I really hope we have him back for the play offs, an experienced head and one that has shown he can do it for us in big games (see QPR then Spurs away leg).

id rather see JCR beat his man 3 times and whip 1 good ball in.. in lets say 10min than see freeman beat his man once in ten min and whip a good ball in. JCR is just such an exciting player to watch
I appreciate what you're saying and I like JCR, down at QPR he was unplayable. However, it's not that often he produces the goods consistently enough. I'm not knocking him as such, it's what you get from him. Perhaps 1 game in 5 he has a blinder and rips teams apart. But Clough also likes his wingers to work back as well. I got the impression that JCR was often too much of a luxury, hence Freeman and Ben Davies before him this season getting the nod more frequently.

I touched on it the other day, but Clough likes the Harris/ murphy link up at the moment which gives a real threat, down the right he's favoured a more defensive minded player to link up with Brayford rather than JCR, going with flynn, Coutts or freeman as the solid winger to do the simple things right and deliver quality to the box. Freeman as an example has looked really good down the right

Shame to see JCR leave but I think we have options down the right

Genuinely pleased he's gone, not needed. He's offered nothing last few home games. Looks dispirited and confidence shot. Ok he can be good to watch and a crowd pleaser but overall doesn't offer enough in my opinion

Seems a bizarre decision

Good business for the player and club . Also a canny strategy by Mr Clough to assist Notts County against up and coming top opposition fixtures . Gives JCR the opportunity to prove a point and impress.

UTB

It could be a bad decision but as I stated in the shitbox (tap in for you alco) earlier Clough hasn't made many bad decisions when releasing players. I trust his judgement over our armchair managers who come out with phrases like "ridiculous". You may not agree I'll grant you but JCR was rarely MOTM and while I don't agree myself his crossing often got peters.

Bit left field that one...perhaps someone is coming in, as other's have mentioned..?
Other than that I'm guessing it's license for Brayford to bomb on with defensive players covering him!?

This is really disappointing news for me. Coutts has been completely ineffective in this area so far.

JCR is often too wide for me, either by habit or design. But he's been a key contributor overall this year.

:(

UTB
coutts is a far more effective player than JCR he is a team player who plays with is head up JCR on his day can be a matchwinner but is inconsistant he will be back if it is going to be the play offs and as an impact player could be important
coutts is in a different league to JCR

Good luck JCR. Still a big role to play for us this year.

Before anyone starts on banging on about Nigel and race, what Colour is O'Grady his number one target for the last 18 months?

We still have Ben Davies who in my opinion has shown more consistency when we has played, even with limited opportunities. The lad puts in a shift at both ends and he's shown he can score a goal.

coutts is a far more effective player than JCR he is a team player who plays with is head up JCR on his day can be a matchwinner but is inconsistant he will be back if it is going to be the play offs and as an impact player could be important
coutts is in a different league to JCR
Not even remotely so far. That's based in reputation, nothing more.

UTB

All this 'exciting to watch' and 'looks like he could make things happen' is irrelevant at the end of the day. He's had a lot of frustrating games and probably doesn't do enough, he'd never start for me, I don't mind him as an impact but now we have Che for that kind of thing.

Brayford/Flynn backed up by Alcock/Davies, and Harris/Murphy backed by Freeman/Adams is sufficient, and all are probably better options than JCR.

Not even remotely so far. That's based in reputation, nothing more.

UTB
Ive seen enough of Coutts to see he is a good player ,calm ,composed ,very good with the ball , both passing and running with it ,don't know anything of his reputation ( I had never heard of him). As someone said before, a proper footballer. Still think we should have him as well as JCR not instead of. JCR excites me ,the most important part of football and the reason we watch it.

Kind of surprised at the outrage on here given his match ratings on this site this month:

Hauled off at half time in the last match, although he's exactly the type of player you would sacrife at 10 men. Probably translates to exactly the type of player Clough would lose patience with as well.

I do agree though, he's a good option for the bench because he might have it in him to change a game.

Back
Top Bottom