CONFIRMED JCR on Loan to Notts County

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

not impressed by this decision at all JCR has caused havoc on the wing this season and always causes defenses problems even if hes not at his best... not best pleased with this at all :(

He can cause defenders nightmares, but far too often his final ball is dreadful.

I'm not overjoyed that he's gone to Notts County, but if he can cause chaos in their games against the top sides then I'm all for it. We do have plenty of other options on the right.

Really surprised with this, especially as the squad injury record isn't exactly inspiring and with the final window closing soon the last thing we need is not having enough cover for what is amounting to the most serious period of the season and infact in many a season

JCR wasn't very consistent, but when he was on his game, he could turn it for us :(

Wasnt that before the January additions? I may be wrong.
I'm not sure myself mate, that's why i asked. You could be right but i thought they said it after and that we'd not have to worry about bringing someone in when the loan window came round, like i say though i'm not sure in all honesty mate.

He can cause defenders nightmares, but far too often his final ball is dreadful.

I'm not overjoyed that he's gone to Notts County, but if he can cause chaos in their games against the top sides then I'm all for it. We do have plenty of other options on the right.
i honestly think his balls in have looked a lot lot worse than they actualy are because we have very little aerial threat and he often puts those low driven crosses into the box which seem to only need a touch to go in but rarely do.
and as many people have stated hes something different to the other wingers we have and personaly think this isnt a good move

Very surprised at this one, perhaps he's not happy that freeman can deliver a better cross than as freeman only needs to beat his man once rather than 3 times...
id rather see JCR beat his man 3 times and whip 1 good ball in.. in lets say 10min than see freeman beat his man once in ten min and whip a good ball in. JCR is just such an exciting player to watch

id rather see JCR beat his man 3 times and whip 1 good ball in.. in lets say 10min than see freeman beat his man once in ten min and whip a good ball in. JCR is just such an exciting player to watch

He is absolutely nowhere near a 1 in 3 success rate for good balls into the box. Nowhere near.

His defending is very poor too - although admittedly that isn't his main job.

I like JCR, but he is one of the worst crosses I've ever seen on the wing at the lane.
Also, before his injury and the second coming of the beard, Flynn was in fire

Flynn or Coutts suit Brayford better ,but JCR would be a great impact player.

JCR is OK as you say as an impact player. Flynn & Coutts and to some extend Davies & Adams are better than him.

He scares the defence with his trickery and dribbling. Then he scares the fans when he pulls his right foot back to cross.

Utterly disgusted. JCR is a Blades legend.
17daed410ac76a1498123307dc42a650c790cc30cba6843165c49ae677e86235.jpg

Nigel is managing the team, but also playing Chess.

We may win our remaining games, but unless others slip up, we cannot gain Autos.

Giving Notts Co JCR, will make our make competitors a little apprehensive about pushing everyone forward. If they push on, they could easily be caught out. It may cause a more cautious approach as JCR tends to take on several players and therefore result in draws. That is the hope anyway.

Getting Done was another good Chess move to take out a team in the playoffs and gain a good striker.

Finally, in my opinion, the flying fullbacks in Harris and Brayford have changed our fortunes as they overlap very well. Flynn, Davies, Freeman and Coutts all link up better with the Beard and understand his intentions, so it puts JCR 5th in the list for me.

There was a suggestion/rumour/hearsay.... whatever you'd like to call it..... that he didn't get a pass off a team mate in the second leg of the semi against Spurs for something like 14 minutes and he weren't reight overjoyed by it. But I hasten to add, that is just speculation.

His effectiveness has waned in the last few games, but in fairness, he is capable of conjuring a goal out of nothing and like others have pointed out, he is a different option to anybody else we've got.

However, couldn't help but notice against Colchester the other night that there were a few frustrated looks from Brayford that his 60 yard overlap runs were being continiously overlooked in favour of JCR choosing to cut inside and losing possession.

Everytime he's played against a former club, he's been roundly booed by their fans. If that's him done for us now, think it's fair to say he'll not be getting that treatment from us. Whatever the reasons are - good luck JCR.

Yes. Really liked him as a player. I know this wasn't everyone's view. I could we never work out why we didn't score more from his crosses.

Good luck Jam.

It would seem to me he has been alienated within the squad despite how effective he has been. Sometimes you just don't fit into to the Manager-approved cliques that form and I would suspect that is the case.

As a footballer I like JCR. He has explosive ability, offers a credible goal threat, gets the crowd the off their feet and doesn't shirk his defensive duty neither. He certainly offers more attacking threat then Flynn imo.

I like JCR he can turn a full back all over the place the trouble is beating the full back three times lets the defenders get set up, loads of times a early ball would be much better. That said I have only every seen Rob Kozluk put worse crosses in. At 31 he needs to be playing games and we have loads of options for his position IMO better options too JCR is just too frustrating.

This

Flynn or Coutts suit Brayford better ,but JCR would be a great impact player.

Essentially we now have Flynn, Davies, Coutts, and sort of Freeman, who are all competing for the right. You could probably add Adams as an impact player, though he prefers the other flank. From what I've seen, JCR's form has dipped at probably the worst possible time for him. Let him pick it back up at County, hopefully cause our promotion rivals some issues, and if he's firing on all cylinders come the playoffs he can easily slot back in. Odd on the face of it, but makes some sense the more you think of it.

Essentially we now have Flynn, Davies, Coutts, and sort of Freeman, who are all competing for the right. You could probably add Adams as an impact player, though he prefers the other flank. From what I've seen, JCR's form has dipped at probably the worst possible time for him. Let him pick it back up at County, hopefully cause our promotion rivals some issues, and if he's firing on all cylinders come the playoffs he can easily slot back in. Odd on the face of it, but makes some sense the more you think of it.
Regarding most of the other players listed, your form can't dip if you're consistantly poor.

UTB

I'll be honest, yet to see Coutts play there. The rest though - consistently poor? Really?
Perhaps not, so correct me if so. When are the spells that you've be been impressed with any of them on the right wing this season?

UTB

Ridiculous decision. We all know he is inconsistent and needs to improve his crossing but he is one of the few players we have who is prepared to run at defenders. At the very least he is an ideal player to bring on as a sub. His performance at home to Rochdale was one of the best I have seen from a Blades player for a long time.

Surprised and disappointed by this. JCR can be a game changer on a given day, sometimes ineffective, other times on fire.

Struggling to see the logic, but hey, what do I know.
All part of a master plan maybe....... we shall see...

Perhaps not, so correct me if so. When are the spells that you've be been impressed with any of them on the right wing this season?

UTB

I thought Davies looked decent up till his injury. My view on Flynn in that position is admittedly based on last season. He looked low on confidence there at the start of the season - confidence he seems to have regained in his spell at right back. Thought Freeman was surprisingly very good there vs Coventry the other week.

Don't get me wrong, infuriating as I find JCR at times I do think he offers something different that won't be exactly replicated by anyone else in the squad - primarily a goal threat from that area. It might be a duff move by Clough, but on this one I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess we'll quickly find out if it's been a horrendous error.

Back
Top Bottom