Outgoing? Jamie Murphy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it would be a good move for Murph anyway, unless they put big numbers on the table I don't think it will happen.
If he does go, I think there's suitable replacements out there, got a lot of faith in Adkins

Adkins said at the ask adkins event that Murphy wasn't going anywhere. Couple that with how big a player he is in relation to our chances of promotion and if we sell him it's fair to say it will shatter NA's reputation and also our chances of finishing in the top two unless we already have a top class replacement lined up and/or we rip them off big style.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they offer 5 million plus then yes

Season ticket money is in now so I think 1.5 million and he's gone.
It'll be just the kick in the bolox the fans of this club are used to

If we are serious about promotion then they have to reject any approach flat out.

We will not be able to replace him with anybody near him in terms of his quality and the importance to our current team. He's one of the few players with pace and the ability to put defences on the back foot. He's inconsistent, but he is very often the key which unlocks the door for us and players like that are difficult to find or replace.

If we sell Murphy we seriously harm our chances of promotion. Anything less than £5 million wouldn't represent good business sense because we will not be able to replace him.

He signed a new contract only a few months ago so he can't be that unhappy to be here. Hold him to it and challenge him to play an integral role in our challenge for automatic promotion.

I thought when the Prince took over all the tubthumping was that we 'would no longer have to sell our stars' and 'significant investment will be made available for the playing squad'

Therefore for once why don't we just tell Brighton or whoever to fuck off?

Think this thread will be interesting to visit in jan when murphys been shipped out on loan to scunthorpe after disapearing from our conciousness this season

If we are serious about promotion then they have to reject any approach flat out.

We will not be able to replace him with anybody near him in terms of his quality and the importance to our current team. He's one of the few players with pace and the ability to put defences on the back foot. He's inconsistent, but he is very often the key which unlocks the door for us and players like that are difficult to find or replace.

If we sell Murphy we seriously harm our chances of promotion. Anything less than £5 million wouldn't represent good business sense because we will not be able to replace him.

He signed a new contract only a few months ago so he can't be that unhappy to be here. Hold him to it and challenge him to play an integral role in our challenge for automatic promotion.
A man after my own heart. Selling Murphy will only damage our chances of promotion

I thought when the Prince took over all the tubthumping was that we 'would no longer have to sell our stars' and 'significant investment will be made available for the playing squad'

Therefore for once why don't we just tell Brighton or whoever to fuck off?
A bit difficult if they haven't made a bid

for once i think we won't sell our best player :)...i may be insane

Your suspicions are well founded Greeny. Insane or not, there seems to be a real determination to get this club back in the Championship and beyond.
I'm sure that there will be surprise in who comes and goes, but whether it's based on instinct or something equally vague, I sense that the board, or perhaps the Prince as it'll be his money, are going to give our manager the resources that have long been denied previous incumbents.

I don't think this season will be an easy ride, despite some of the calls for automatic promotion, but I do think the key to any success we achieve will be down to the appointment of Adkins and what sort of team he shapes and the football, hopefully one made of winners, that enables us to cross over the line as we hear the words 'promoted' when the season comes to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom