James Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't agree with all this, he's stealing a wage business but I don't think many on here are suggesting that he is feigning injury. Frustration borne out of having an extremely talented player on our books, who sadly hardly kicks a ball for us through no fault of his own. What's the answer then, stop paying players throughout the period of time they are injured:rolleyes: ?

I cannot improve on L'boroBlade's entirely accurate response to those who adopt a malignant approach towards James Wallace. Reading the many posts that appear to believe that Wallace has deliberately wasted his and the club's time by feigning, or even more perniciously, to have collected, like a stamp collector, a series of injuries designed to keep him out of the game, is fantasy football at its worst.

Surely what every footballer wants (and I'm referring to those who genuinely enjoy their chosen profession) is to be selected to play for the team they're employed by. Any suggestion to the contrary suggests that this type of criticism is based on a wholly unfounded view that at the base of this truly peculiar vision is a deliberate attempt to not play. To do so in front of the gaze of thousands of Blade's supporters suggests a character trait that has criminal intent at it's heart. If that's the case I'm staggered that anyone should believe such spiteful guff.

A fully fit James Wallace would be a £2m footballer , but then would not be playing for us . Unfortunatley the bloke has a long injury issue . It will go two ways , either Adkins will not renew his contract or he will extend it . This will depend on the players attitude , commitment , and to some extent his injury / recovery time . At least when he is out it appears not to be the same injury reoccurring , but niggles , with perhaps being sidelined for long periods and how his body copes, being the major factor at this moment in time.

He is actually the player we are missing , but can Adkins wait or rely on him ,to build the team with him in it. We havent seen him enough times to see the best of him , and it is make or break for him this season.

The blokes not stealing a wage , he will no doubt just want to play football.

UTB

A fully fit James Wallace would be a £2m footballer , but then would not be playing for us . Unfortunatley the bloke has a long injury issue . It will go two ways , either Adkins will not renew his contract or he will extend it . This will depend on the players attitude , commitment , and to some extent his injury / recovery time . At least when he is out it appears not to be the same injury reoccurring , but niggles , with perhaps being sidelined for long periods and how his body copes, being the major factor at this moment in time.

He is actually the player we are missing , but can Adkins wait or rely on him ,to build the team with him in it. We havent seen him enough times to see the best of him , and it is make or break for him this season.

The blokes not stealing a wage , he will no doubt just want to play football.

UTB

Agree with much of that Bos. As my post commented, it's those posters who appear to think that Wallace is somehow contriving to be paid without doing much to earn his wage that I have issue with. Beneath this lies a series of misinterpretations and delusions that are actually believed by these posters, but enough of them.

Having seen Wallace, he's exactly the type of driving force we miss in midfield, and his influence, should he recover fully, will be obvious for all to see. Unfortunately time isn't exactly working in his favour, so I hope he'll be able to appear in enough first team games to show what we've missed. If appearances and performances can be relied on then we'll have saved a lot of money for a player whose value will grow with each performance. The key is whether he has fully recovered, let's hope for his and our sake that he has.

I agree with this, with one qualification: Wallace gave an interview where he said that he got injured straight after the start of a game last season (Doncaster away possibly) but as he had family and friends watching he decided to stay on as long as he could, but that he went off anyway and was out for a while.

It was probably Doncaster as he went off after 20 minutes and was not seen again for 2 months.

That was an extemely stupid thing to do given his injury history.

Wallace has not been seen since Fulham. Has anyone at the club ever said what is wrong with him this time and when he is expected to be back? I have given up trying to follow this saga.

Pulled his calf at Fulham.

Even if he manages to get fit before Christmas it is highly unlikely he will start more than a dozen games for us this season. If he can string a few games together then that would be nice.

There should be absolutely no way he should be afforded a new contract at the end of the season though, regardless of how much he plays between now and then, we can't afford to carry another passenger which he has been since he signed. I feel sorry for him, but we can't afford to carry him any longer than this season.

Even if he manages to get fit before Christmas it is highly unlikely he will start more than a dozen games for us this season. If he can string a few games together then that would be nice.

There should be absolutely no way he should be afforded a new contract at the end of the season though, regardless of how much he plays between now and then, we can't afford to carry another passenger which he has been since he signed. I feel sorry for him, but we can't afford to carry him any longer than this season.
Even if he gets fit and stars for the second half of the season?

I think its amazing that manager(s) think they have the time to rehabilitate crocks on our dollar, while we stumble around this division

They dont

Maybe this is why we have a large squad, to accomodate the maybe players

We are (should be) a professional outfit aiming for promotion, managers and coaches getting distracted and spending time on Wallace, lessen the time with working players

Does anyone even know what his wages are having come from Tranmere (contract expired, I think) with a bad fitness record? What was his medical record or our assessment of his injuries?

You can't assess the quality of a gamble without knowing the cost. Let's say it's cost us X for Wallace's contract, but would've cost us five times that to buy a player of similar quality? And if the medical team thought there was a high chance of full recovery?

It's easy to call the winning horse after the race.

No point binning him. He's a sunk cost. He played well at Peterborough and laid on a goal. He may yet have his uses.

But:

1. I would not re-sign him unless it was on a pay as you play basis (ie very low basic, gets most of the money for actual playing time). If he won't do that, lots of luck.

2. I've said it before and I'll say it again, are there actually any examples of United signing players with bad injury records and them becoming ever presents? It's a punt we can do without. No more crocks.

To be honest, I don't think I've seen enough of him on the pitch to consider whether he is a quality player. I think Cofie came to us with a good reputation...

That said, even if he is the kind of player we need I can't see him being fit. He's like a league one Darren Anderton.

Ridiculous comment.

Just what would that achieve other than ensuring that he definitely won't make any more appearances for the club?
Nothing would give me pleasure than to see Wallace dishing up quality midfield performances week in week out he is a quality player at this level.
Clough took a punt on him gave him a contract till July 2017 bad move.
It stands us to a lump in wages could he take 75% and pay him up he could take and everybody can move on.
There again he can toss it off for another 18 months

Hes a wretch3d joke of a player who should pay the money back he's 'stolen' off the club, whilst p!ssing about on his long injured spells. In fact we should sue Clough for his wages as he was obviously a crock when he signed. Dreadful all round for this great club.

I take it you refuse your wages if you're off work sick then?

Him & his missus want to get themselves off to Dubai again ............. we have things covered here

mind you, Sitters is out there ...............

How many injuries is that in total?

I've lost patience. Pay him up* and get rid. I sympathise with the lad but the club must come first, and we could be giving his wage to someone who can actually play.

*I'm aware we can't just pay off every player we'd like to get shot of, but an agreement can surely be made...

I dont blame Wallace its the morons that do our medicals.

I don't think anyone can blame Wallace. It's not his fault. But the fact is that under the training/playing regimes of two separate managers he's only been able to notch up 13 appearances since coming here (13 according to Wiki...surely there's more?). What little I've seen of him I very much liked, but when the squad badly needs trimming down and we have a bloke on the books who contributes nothing to the team, regardless of whether or not it's his fault, that situation needs looking at immediately.

As for the blokes who do the medicals, I couldn't tell you the ins and outs of a football medical so I have no idea what they could have foreseen or overlooked with Wallace.

Groin strain now. NA says he doesn't know how long he'll be out. He wasn't in!

I don't want to wish ill on the lad, but it's passing from tragic to funny now.

What a waste of money.

And you don't need a medical degree to avoid Wallace. You need his Wikipedia page. Then you know he's a crock.

Did we really give him a 3 year deal? That's a firing offence from where I'm sitting.

What a waste of money.

And you don't need a medical degree to avoid Wallace. You need his Wikipedia page. Then you know he's a crock.

Id release him early from his contract if it is possible along with Flo as well.

What a waste of money.

Did we really give him a 3 year deal? That's a firing offence from where I'm sitting.

Hope he didn't carry his own bags to the car afterwards.

I wonder if he really was the reason we didn't sign Coady?

The reason we didn't sign Coady was because Coady got a better offer. Championship or League One? Bet it took him at least 2 seconds to decide on that one!

The reason we didn't sign Coady was because Coady got a better offer. Championship or League One? Bet it took him at least 2 seconds to decide on that one!

We might have been able to a tie up a deal before Huddersfield did. Remember that debacle about the quoted fee?

We might have been able to a tie up a deal before Huddersfield did. Remember that debacle about the quoted fee?

I very much doubt it would have been as simple as that, his agent must have been making his availability for transfer known to other clubs. If he wasn't his agent wants sacking!

Back
Top Bottom