its started already

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Still in the proverbial financially, still shithousing wins as opposed to demolishing the oppo and going to get royally shafted at Wembley on Satdi.

Also the hot dogs still look like sloth shit.

Hecky aaaaaaaht!

There’s a difference between moaning and being realistic.
Surely we can all see that this squad is not good enough to survive in the Premiership and needs changing. How much can be done in one summer window without the sort of money that Forest have, is limited.
I would love us to stay up, but I have to start by thinking we will not, but will use the experience and money to better the Club overall.
This is what I cannot understand. We are supporters, we want our team to be the best it can, we are almost there & if you can't feel hope & excitement for the challenge ahead then I don't know why you pick a team like us to follow (I really don't) copyright Lee Hendrie.

People like you said exactly the same in 2019 and we ended up 9th
In 2019, I couldn't understand how all the pundits had us coming straight down.

This season, right at this moment, I can't see how we would scrape together the points to stay up, but then I don't know what the squad will look like come the start of next season. The only thing that I am certain of is that I'll be supporting the Blades regardless of whether we have 3 or 93 points this time next season.

It might even be a good suggestion to plan ahead for relegation - keep more or less the same squad with a few exceptions / loans.

Spend little / trouser the dollars and future parachute payments.

Go again year after in the Championship.

Not what your average fan will want to hear but do I want us spunking vast amounts on the likes of what Forest did with Lingard ?

Nah !!

UTB
Unlike you to make much sense but yes, I agree.

See what happens when you manage to desist from your one dimensional anti McB drivel 😁

Still in the proverbial financially, still shithousing wins as opposed to demolishing the oppo and going to get royally shafted at Wembley on Satdi.

Also the hot dogs still look like sloth shit.

Hecky aaaaaaaht!

Hot dog post……

I'm moaning because i've just caught mi hand on chuffing twatting soldering iron......

No moaning from me when we have confirmed our PL place...hecky and the lads have deserved it..esp after Hecky got us out of the shite that Slav put us in...
Hope you’ve put on a brave face and are soldering on.

This is what I cannot understand. We are supporters, we want our team to be the best it can, we are almost there & if you can't feel hope & excitement for the challenge ahead then I don't know why you pick a team like us to follow (I really don't) copyright Lee Hendrie.
There is a disconnect in your view. I can support United as fully as most and have done so for over 65 years.
I am upset when they lose, delighted when they win and ecstatic when they get promoted.
I genuinely wish that they stay up next season, but the reasoning side of me says that they will not.
The two aspects are not self excluding and in no way lessen my passion for supporting us.

The one thing that really annoys is the term its the Blades way

Like we are matching Wednesday stride for stride

Since 2016 we've had one poor season in a soul less empty grounds prem
The other 6 we achieved great prove meets
3 of the last 5 when we go up we have been in the prem. Not that you'd know.
Criticism is justifiable if we'd been a quarter of a century away from the top league

You become a fan to enjoy the high-speed have no parameter for a high.
Just bad and less bad

One used the term a disappointing promotion .. wtf

well we are all but in the prem now
the doom merchants though instead of enjoying the moment are already opening threads about the impending lucky to get derbys point totals threads
we apparently only have players who we need to retire and simply arent good enough

apparently its going to take 250m to get us a squad that might get 17th maybe

for fucks sake cheer up lads

try and be happy and stay off the mogadons
I’d still say it’s not all but done.
We’ve done as much as we could do following the Boro, Blackburn and Luton games to push on. Burnley aside, the response, if not performances, from Hecky and the team has exceptional and again, like I said before Boro, we’ve shown the character that this side has.

The fact that Luton, Boro and Blackburn have wobbled should not be overlooked but we should also not get complacent that it’s “all but done”.

Get another win and even without slip ups below, it’s then all but done. Lose a couple more and the pressure could really be on…

Last night was huge, but tonight’s games are now really big for Luton and Boro since they play each other Monday with us not having a game on the weekend they’ll both see Monday as a mega game for them to close in on 2nd.

Agreed.

If someone can’t find enjoyment in being on the brink of promotion and a run to a Wembley FA Cup semi final in the same season, they might be supporting the wrong club.

They might already be supporting the wrong club, like the fizzing op of this thread... 😉

Backs against the wall, favourites for relegation.... Music to my ears, love it!.....and the kind of position we thrive in!!😁

Obviously on reading the posts on this Forum the only solution for all the disharmony on here is to split this Forum into two Forums,
1/ for the" Doom and Gloom merchants
and
2/ for the Happy clappers.
This way us Happy clappers could enjoy a promotion in peace ,
while the Doom and Gloom merchants enjoyed depressing each other with tales of what could happen after promotion ... :rolleyes:

Sorted,,,,🥸

There is a difference I agree, but I have found many of the criticisms to fall on the side of moaning as far as I’m concerned.

Of course there’s a need to improve the team - even Burnley will need to improve, so what’s the worry? We’ll be in the prem, we’ll improve, we might go back down but at least we should be able to sort the finances out somewhat
The worry is we spunk the best part of 40 million on McBurnie mk2 and Brewster mk2.

Fuck me, anyone would think this is a forum where two sides of the same coin can be discussed and debated - irrespective of your own point of view and whether you agree or not. Shall we just make it one big positive echo chamber? Give over you piss missile.

Anyway, like someone else said, difference between moaning and offering a viewpoint on our club’s ability to compete at the highest level with the squad we have/don’t have.

In 2019, I couldn't understand how all the pundits had us coming straight down.

This season, right at this moment, I can't see how we would scrape together the points to stay up, but then I don't know what the squad will look like come the start of next season. The only thing that I am certain of is that I'll be supporting the Blades regardless of whether we have 3 or 93 points this time next season.
Thats the spirit - Ive supported this team for 60 years home and away and will enjoy the premier league whether we get relegated again or not AND I will still be going to matches until I am able to physically get to them

Team that faced Leeds (highest team we played in the 18/19 run in)

1681915450519.png

Team that just faced Bristol:

1681915548197.png

Not to play down the quality of the 18/19 team but I think It's fair to say we'll be going up with a stronger squad that last time.

I'm moaning about all you Boomers calling it the Premiership. It has been the Premier League since 2008.

I’d still say it’s not all but done.
We’ve done as much as we could do following the Boro, Blackburn and Luton games to push on. Burnley aside, the response, if not performances, from Hecky and the team has exceptional and again, like I said before Boro, we’ve shown the character that this side has.

The fact that Luton, Boro and Blackburn have wobbled should not be overlooked but we should also not get complacent that it’s “all but done”.

Get another win and even without slip ups below, it’s then all but done. Lose a couple more and the pressure could really be on…

Last night was huge, but tonight’s games are now really big for Luton and Boro since they play each other Monday with us not having a game on the weekend they’ll both see Monday as a mega game for them to close in on 2nd.
boro max points is 83 we are on 82 2 draws see them off
only Luton max points 86 are the ones to watch we need only 4 points to erase their effort due to the gd which they won't overturn

but monday nights luton v boro could move the outcome forward as a boro win means just a draw from 4 games puts us on 83
2 draws see us up

only if luton win all 4 will we need 4 more points to get 86
and 4 draws gets us there but we have some very winnable games left

any dropped points by either side tonight will also speed up the inevitable

no doubt had it been wednesday in this position you'd rapidly say it was over now
never got that correlation

are you honestly saying you think we could lose 3 of these games and a team that's won 6 of last 7 can lose 3 in a row to poorer teams

what s disappointing is it's likely we could be up without playing again like when leeds lost on a sunday , rather we needed a point v west brpm and enjoy the party atmosphere at the lane

Last edited:
What will be be will be next season, I for one am just glad it makes us financially stable (hopefully) as by the sound of it not going up would’ve been a disaster! Looking forward to Saturday AND next season!
As ever UTB !

Surely we can all see that this squad is not good enough to survive in the Premiership
can we

so we beat spurs because they had an off day
nothing to do with we were better on the day

of course hecky will invest in fresh faces he got doyle mcatee and anel in to get us up
you dont honestly believe hes not got some players in mind to bring in do you
hes got us out of the championship with an embargo in place

Back
Top Bottom