Its all doom and gloom.......................or is it.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All we can hope is that we spend the money well. It's really clear that our transfer strategy is about bringing in younger players, often from lesser known leagues. If we can unearth a couple more gems then that's great. Regardless of what league we're preparing for in a year's time, if we have a younger and more athletic squad, with resale value. Then we're in much better shape.

The likes of Jebison and Osula will be a year further on in their development, I think we forget how young jebbo is.
Oh and obviously we need to sort the contract situation, particularly for those younger and more valuable players i.e. Berge, Egan, McBurnie etc.

Last edited:
All we can hope is that we spend the money well. It's really clear that our transfer strategy is about bringing in younger players, often from lesser known leagues. If we can uncover a couple more gems then that's great. Regardless of what league we're preparing for in a year's time, if we have a younger and more athletic squad, with resale value. Then we're in much better shape.

Oh and obviously we need to sort the contract situation, particularly for those younger and more valuable players i.e. Berge, Egan, McBurnie etc.
Can't really fault them when you see strong links to a guy who was Rangers' player of the year and another who was Birmingham's.

Some sound logic there.

For me I judge someone on actions not words.

The Prince has a great track record, we've had great (relative) success under his ownership.
We've invested greatly at levels I never expected, spending 110 million on transfers in 2 years.
We showed massive ambition by signing top rated players like Brewster and Berge that no one ever expected.
We kept all our players when relegated, when previously we've always sold our better players.

The Prince has constantly said we'll never sell our better players unless it's best for the club.

Not sure if hoping to sell the club has weakened his appetite for SUFC
but I'll reserve judgement until the end of the transfer window.
My understanding is we've got several exciting signings lined up, so we'll see.
We've been severely weakened with N'Diaye leaving, so we've now got to make some fantastic signings
but we do have a fantastic recent record at targeting players.
Who would have thought Ahmedhodzic, McAtee and Doyle would be so good.
So all is not lost yet. As Jimmy Greaves used to say "football is a funny old game"
Additionally, the current players have to step up their game to compete in the PL, Berge for one can give a lot more, he’s shown flashes but he needs consistency. The main message is we are not a one man team, we can be better than the sum of the parts, Ndiaye is not Zava!

Back
Top Bottom