Its all doom and gloom.......................or is it.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
Yes our talisman has gone. Im as disappointed as anyone. But we should now be immune to this happening. Its happened for the lat 60 years FFS. We always sell our best players.
Move on.
Lots on here saying its nailed on we will get relegated. Im never the most optimistic Blade. I always expect the worst. So if it happens it happens.
But.
Look at the league this year. There are a lot of teams in a similar situation to us. Apart from the top 6 , not many clubs have made substantial signings.
Luton. Florist (who spent big and only just escaped the drop) Bournemouth. Everton. Burnley. Palace. West Ham. Wolves. Fulham. These are all teams who we SHOULD be looking to beat at the Lane. Thats 27 points. Draws away at 5 of these gets us 32 points. Two or three unexpected wins from teams other than these and a couple more draws elsewhere COULD see us with 43 points. Everton escaped with 36 last season.
This is not beyond the realms of possibilities. The season has not started yet. Lets wait and see. You never know.
Hopefully (im not holding my breath) the money we get from NDiaye will be invested back into the team. Maybe a deal for Doyle could now be more likely.
But Its goals that will keep us up. A decent striker should be a priority. Firepower is where we are lacking.

Sits back and waits the flack.

It's quite embarrassing to see our fans literally writing off the season now. Our fans are literally polar opposites to those across the other side. They're sat in a worse position looking forward to visiting the Etihad. We're in bits over losing (admittedly) one of the best ever players we've had.

It's not great but bloody hell, there's still literally an entire season to go, couple weeks of transfers and another window to come. Hecky and the squad have proved they're capable of crawling out of a deep mentality hole. I couldn't agree more it doesn't look great for us but fuck me, at least show some support.

Yes our talisman has gone. Im as disappointed as anyone. But we should now be immune to this happening. Its happened for the lat 60 years FFS. We always sell our best players.
Move on.
Lots on here saying its nailed on we will get relegated. Im never the most optimistic Blade. I always expect the worst. So if it happens it happens.
But.
Look at the league this year. There are a lot of teams in a similar situation to us. Apart from the top 6 , not many clubs have made substantial signings.
Luton. Florist (who spent big and only just escaped the drop) Bournemouth. Everton. Burnley. Palace. West Ham. Wolves. Fulham. These are all teams who we SHOULD be looking to beat at the Lane. Thats 27 points. Draws away at 5 of these gets us 32 points. Two or three unexpected wins from teams other than these and a couple more draws elsewhere COULD see us with 43 points. Everton escaped with 36 last season.
This is not beyond the realms of possibilities. The season has not started yet. Lets wait and see. You never know.
Hopefully (im not holding my breath) the money we get from NDiaye will be invested back into the team. Maybe a deal for Doyle could now be more likely.
But Its goals that will keep us up. A decent striker should be a priority. Firepower is where we are lacking.

In my humble opinion,I would expect the majority of the Dosh to be paid in debts.(but what do I know)

I agree that the home games are the key..any good away result will be a reyt bonus

It's quite embarrassing to see our fans literally writing off the season now. Our fans are literally polar opposites to those across the other side. They're sat in a worse position looking forward to visiting the Etihad. We're in bits over losing (admittedly) one of the best ever players we've had.

It's not great but bloody hell, there's still literally an entire season to go, couple weeks of transfers and another window to come. Hecky and the squad have proved they're capable of crawling out of a deep mentality hole. I couldn't agree more it doesn't look great for us but fuck me, at least show some support.
Blades are natural pessimists, you should know this by now! Delusional versus Pessimistic…I know what I am👍

It's doom for this season but maybe works out better next if we buy well with this money while having PL status in the season(s) beyond. I can't say I am particularly enthusiastic about the coming season now though.

Those that are older than 20 and seen us sign Laurent D'Jaffo (and loved it I may add), Axel Smeets and replace Nick Blackman with John Forte at transfer deadline day in League One (I actually thought Forte would do well bless him) are old enough to know that where we're at now is a highlight not a lowlight, even after selling Ndiaye. I thought he'd go before now anyway, it's annoying he's gonna go now, I just wish him well; that's my only thought. I hope he wins the Champions League with OM, I really do. It won't happen obviously, but I just wish him well. For crying out loud, what was his fee from Boreham Wood? £50,000 or something like that! If we'd not gone up we all know we'd be like Stoke are now - at best! Marooned in the Championship, Berge GONE, Anel - GONE, who knows who else. He could have easily gone to Everton. He's living his dream, the dream we'd all love too; to play for our own team. I'd rather play for Sheff U than Real Madrid. I get it, totally.

Yes the fee should have been higher but I'm just so excited to get back on that Kop cheering on United, we were up against it whatever. I Can't wait and I've every confidence that we're gonna compete, even without Ndiaye. When the window shuts that's when we can judge this window. Still 3/4 more to come in by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Those that are older than 20 and seen us sign Laurent D'Jaffo (and loved it I may add), Axel Smeets and replace Nick Blackman with John Forte at transfer deadline day in League One (I actually thought Forte would do well bless him) are old enough to know that where we're at now is a highlight not a lowlight even after selling Ndiaye. I thought he'd go before now anyway, it's annoying he's gonna go now, I just wish him well; that's my only thought. I hope he wins the Champions League with OM, I really do. It won't happen obviously, but I just wish him well. For crying out loud, what was his fee from Boreham Wood? £50,000 or something like that! If we'd not gone up we all know we'd be like Stoke are now - at best! Marooned in the Championship, Berge GONE, Anel - GONE, who knows who else. He could have easily gone to Everton. He's living his dream, the dream we'd all love too; to play for our own team. I'd rather play for Sheff U than Real Madrid. I get it, totally.

Yes the fee should have been higher but I'm just so excited to get back on that Kop cheering on United, we were up against it whatever. I Can't wait and I've every confidence that we're gonna compete, even without Ndiaye. When the window shuts that's when we can judge this window. Still 3/4 more to come in by the looks of it.
Illie is history already,upwards and onwards.😁

In my humble opinion,I would expect the majority of the Dosh to be paid in debts.(but what do I know)
Move on.
But.

Exactly it’s goals that will keep us up, only we haven’t got anyone to create them or anyone to put them away🤦‍♂️

Blades are natural pessimists, you should know this by now!
Delusional versus Pessimistic…I know what I am

I'd rather our fans be the way we are which is a glass half empty a lot of the time rather than lapping up 10 year cash only fucking season tickets. P.S No refunds.

I’m just sad/disappointed that we got promoted back to the big league and straight away had an owner push the no money button.

One day we may get lucky and have a rich owner. I’m doubtful this will ever happen but that’s the ways of Utd life.

You never know we could have signed a twenty goal striker in BT and we stay up.

Those that are older than 20 and seen us sign Laurent D'Jaffo (and loved it I may add), Axel Smeets and replace Nick Blackman with John Forte at transfer deadline day in League One (I actually thought Forte would do well bless him) are old enough to know that where we're at now is a highlight not a lowlight, even after selling Ndiaye. I thought he'd go before now anyway, it's annoying he's gonna go now, I just wish him well; that's my only thought. I hope he wins the Champions League with OM, I really do. It won't happen obviously, but I just wish him well. For crying out loud, what was his fee from Boreham Wood? £50,000 or something like that! If we'd not gone up we all know we'd be like Stoke are now - at best! Marooned in the Championship, Berge GONE, Anel - GONE, who knows who else. He could have easily gone to Everton. He's living his dream, the dream we'd all love too; to play for our own team. I'd rather play for Sheff U than Real Madrid. I get it, totally.

What about us over 60 a constant stream of build up anticipation then the kick in the balls
You can’t be an optimist after all the opportunities lost through that little bit of lack of ambition

Move on.
But.

We’ll be in the relegation mix with a few others but if we can invest the Judas money in a decent centre forward we’ll be competitive provided we can avoid the injury curse we’ve suffered the past few seasons.

What I can’t get my head round is if certain sections of the support think we don’t stand a chance of even finishing above Luton why don’t they just approach the season as a bit of a free hit rather than all this pathetic wallowing. It’s so fucking boring.

Move on.
But.

West Ham have just won a European trophy and raked in £100m plus for Rice. No way will they be involved at the bottom. Fulham are signing good players and getting rid of deadwood. Can't see them bottom 6. Palace anyones guess. Tom Daly going to Sadi is great. Love or hate him he wins so many free kicks and pens it's ridiculous. If Eze goes they might well be in the relegation mix.

Our competion is Luton
Burnley
Wolves.

Maybe B/Mouth and Everton and theres always a surprise basket case like theres always a surprise "Sheffield United when we finished 9th.

Hopefully huge plusses for us will be team spirit, never say die and vociferous backing.

A good start against opposition we must be looking at getting some points from is vital and could set the tone.

I’m not quite a happy clapper, but I am a pragmatic realist, who wants to look on the positive side of my team.
4th division through to premiership
Jones & Birchenall to Njaiye& McB

Football has always & will always be a business,

No change really

I’m proud to be a Blade

The signs aren't great but we'll have no clue how we're shaping up until Aug 31st.

The two domestic loan signings will be game changers and we'll make them in the final days when the other teams have concluded their business and they know who's surplus to requirements.

It's an absolutely massive blow losing Ndiaye and - right now - it's hard to see where the goals are going to come from... but let's wait and see.

If the Prince wants to do right by the club, he needs to release some funds for permanent deals though.
Otherwise we could be in really big trouble next season.
It doesn't make sense to weaken the asset you're trying to sell, just because you are selling...

Really looking forward to the season starting, can't wait to get back to seeing United. Players come and players go, don't support United if you want an easy and straightforward ride.

Now I'm all confused, should we be hanging ourselves due to Ndiaye leaving, or are we celebrating it not quite being the end of the world!??

I actually watched this very episode last week, comedy gold! They don't make it like these any more! Or as Jones said "they don't like it up 'em!

In all fairness we were probably doooooomed even before Ili left! No, seriously I think if we get our recruitment right for the next few moves then we can be optimistic that we'll compete, and that'll do for me. As long as it's not like the second season in the PL when you knew one goal down and that was it every match. Hopefully we'll sign someone else capable of doing similar things to Ili. If not, as a team to create chances such as the through balls that Slimane will hopefully do.

For me I judge someone on actions not words.

The Prince has a great track record, we've had great (relative) success under his ownership.
We've invested greatly at levels I never expected, spending 110 million on transfers in 2 years.
We showed massive ambition by signing top rated players like Brewster and Berge that no one ever expected.
We kept all our players when relegated, when previously we've always sold our better players.

The Prince has constantly said we'll never sell our better players unless it's best for the club.

Not sure if hoping to sell the club has weakened his appetite for SUFC
but I'll reserve judgement until the end of the transfer window.
My understanding is we've got several exciting signings lined up, so we'll see.
We've been severely weakened with N'Diaye leaving, so we've now got to make some fantastic signings
but we do have a fantastic recent record at targeting players.
Who would have thought Ahmedhodzic, McAtee and Doyle would be so good.
So all is not lost yet. As Jimmy Greaves used to say "football is a funny old game"

Back
Top Bottom