It could be worse. We could have Steve Kean as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mpjacko

Reaction score
That is one disillusioned manger and owners they have over there

No disagreement there. I actually feel sorry for Blackburn fans - I live in the area and I know they're worried for the future of their club, they can see it all falling apart. I can see Venky's walking and leaving them in hell.

The way they treated Allerdyce, though, was disgraceful. But hey, he manages those southern wankers now so not a lot of sympathy.

I felt sorry for the guy to be honest, given no chance at all by the fans, many of whom seemed more disappointed when he didn't
Fail. As it happens they've been relegated, so the normal position, as always is sack the manager.

There is a lot more tO this than meets the eye as I think I alluded to in a previous thread
Jerome Anderson and kean actually have more money invested than the venkys who are just a front and mean is pretty much unsackable

I could only see one outcome when those Turkeys (no pun intended) got involved.

There is a lot more tO this than meets the eye as I think I alluded to in a previous thread
Jerome Anderson and kean actually have more money invested than the venkys who are just a front and mean is pretty much unsackable

Would you re post that information pleasejudge?

No disagreement there. I actually feel sorry for Blackburn fans - I live in the area and I know they're worried for the future of their club, they can see it all falling apart. I can see Venky's walking and leaving them in hell.

The way they treated Allerdyce, though, was disgraceful. But hey, he manages those southern wankers now so not a lot of sympathy.

I lived close to there in the early eighties, when they were in the old Div 2 and even Div 3 and their crowds were a few thousand. Their expectation level was raised hugely in the nineties with Jack Walker's money and they were arguably the first club to buy the Premiership title.

For that reason, I find it hard to sympathise with them, they've had better times than they could have ever imagined and now, with the current owners, the chickens are coming home to roost (see what I did there?) :)

I have sympathy for Steve Kean. Seems like a decent bloke to me who talks a good game but is still on a learning curve. The way that club has been run hasnt helped him. The players need to look at themselves as well because that squad should have had enough quality to stay up.

I lived close to there in the early eighties, when they were in the old Div 2 and even Div 3 and their crowds were a few thousand. Their expectation level was raised hugely in the nineties with Jack Walker's money and they were arguably the first club to buy the Premiership title.

For that reason, I find it hard to sympathise with them, they've had better times than they could have ever imagined and now, with the current owners, the chickens are coming home to roost (see what I did there?) :)

Spot on Trig. When Dalgliesh was manager there he was chucking money around like confetti. I heard of one youngster who was taken on as a 3rd (or possibly 4th) choice keeper. He allegedly demanded a signing on fee of £10,000 - and got it.

I have sympathy for Steve Kean. Seems like a decent bloke to me who talks a good game but is still on a learning curve. The way that club has been run hasnt helped him. The players need to look at themselves as well because that squad should have had enough quality to stay up.

I used to have sympathy but he's a key part of a negligent regime at Blackburn. He supports the Venkys when they're hollowing out the club.

If and when Blackburn go pop, he'll never work in football again.

He signed Jordan Slew. I'm struggling to have much sympathy for a bloke who saw him as anything more than the new Jonathan Forte.

He signed Jordan Slew. I'm struggling to have much sympathy for a bloke who saw him as anything more than the new Jonathan Forte.

Slew would have contributed more to our season than Beattie, Hoskins and O'Halloran combined.
If we'd kept him instead of signing those three, we'd probably have been promoted by now.

Indeed, wonder how much of the £1m (assuming it's been paid and isn't dependent on him becoming Chancellor of Grrenland or something) has been trousered by the aforementioned football players, and James Beattie?

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye as I think I alluded to in a previous thread

I heard pretty much the same as you but I suppose it is one of those 'we'll never really know' scenarios...

Kean seems to be pretty bloodyminded and seems to be not only the manager but the spokesman for Venky's seeing as they pretty much don't court any publicity so wont talk to anyone.

The old Blackburn player Simon Garner is part of a fans consortium that wants to buy the club apparently but no one from Venky's will even reply to their requests for talks

I heard pretty much the same as you but I suppose it is one of those 'we'll never really know' scenarios...

Kean seems to be pretty bloodyminded and seems to be not only the manager but the spokesman for Venky's seeing as they pretty much don't court any publicity so wont talk to anyone.

The old Blackburn player Simon Garner is part of a fans consortium that wants to buy the club apparently but no one from Venky's will even reply to their requests for talks

I see that nice Mr.Scudamore from the Premier League has come out from under his stone to say that he has confidential financial information that says that Blackburn are not in trouble compared to Portsmouth - sorry lads, that's it, you're stuffed!

Hoskins scored more goals in his time with us than Slew would have. The rest I fail to argue on.

I've read today the leaked letter from Paul Hunt to the owners referred to in The guardian article and it's an absolute corker. He had a 10 point plan and the first point was for him to be given a promotion and a pay rise! I'd have sacked him on that basis alone. It wouldn't have looked so bad if his own demands had been point 10, but to stick them in at the beginning was just mind-boggling.

Hoskins scored more goals in his time with us than Slew would have. The rest I fail to argue on.

Based on his previous record, if Slew had made 7 starts and 30 subs appearances this season, I’m confident he would have scored comfortably more than the 2 goals scored by those who replaced him (including Hoskins).

Name Starts Sub Goals
Hoskins 4 8 2
Beattie 2 16 0
O Halloran 1 6 0

Slew 3 1 1
Slew (overall) 8 3 3

Slew would have contributed more to our season than Beattie, Hoskins and O'Halloran combined.
If we'd kept him instead of signing those three, we'd probably have been promoted by now.

Pure speculation. Yes, he might have been the next Brian Deane; alternatively we might have had to loan him out to a Conference side.

Pure speculation. Yes, he might have been the next Brian Deane; alternatively we might have had to loan him out to a Conference side.

"Pure speculation" based on hard facts such as Slew's record this season compared with the others..

"Pure speculation" based on hard facts such as Slew's record this season compared with the others..

Check out Slew's record on Soccerbase. It's not exactly living up to expectations.

(1 goal in 6 games for United in August 2011. Since January he's made 6 starts and 3 sub appearances for Stevenage and scored no goals. He has managed one red card though, so he's learnt something from BT).

I trust Blackburn fans to have a better opinion of what is going on at their club than all the media sympathisers of Kean, who constantly told us how badly he was being treated (aw poor Steve getting booed all the time - they should shut up and back the team). Well guess what media - the fans were right. Same with Villa fans and McLeish.

It's like here when a large section of fans wanted Blackwell gone. A neutral uninterested observer might think that a manager taking a team to 3rd in the Championship and a playoff final would be doing a good job. A significant chunk of SUFC's support would have said differently and were proved correct in the end.

I trust Blackburn fans to have a better opinion of what is going on at their club than all the media sympathisers of Kean, who constantly told us how badly he was being treated (aw poor Steve getting booed all the time - they should shut up and back the team). Well guess what media - the fans were right. Same with Villa fans and McLeish.

It's like here when a large section of fans wanted Blackwell gone. A neutral uninterested observer might think that a manager taking a team to 3rd in the Championship and a playoff final would be doing a good job. A significant chunk of SUFC's support would have said differently and were proved correct in the end.

yeah and all those fans who thought Danny Wilson would be wank and take us down!

I think fans are as unreliable as the media to be honest, the media just want to make a story and the fans just want everything their own way

Check out Slew's record on Soccerbase. It's not exactly living up to expectations.

(1 goal in 6 games for United in August 2011. Since January he's made 6 starts and 3 sub appearances for Stevenage and scored no goals. He has managed one red card though, so he's learnt something from BT).

Yeah but Stevenage aren't the third highest scorers in Europe are they?
There's no doubt in my mind that with the amount of chances we create, Slew would have grabbed enough goals to make the difference.
He'd certainly have contributed more than the perenially unfit, half-fit, out-of-position trio we've had to use instead.

Yeah but Stevenage aren't the third highest scorers in Europe are they?
There's no doubt in my mind that with the amount of chances we create, Slew would have grabbed enough goals to make the difference.
He'd certainly have contributed more than the perenially unfit, half-fit, out-of-position trio we've had to use instead.

Update from the O/S:
"Former Blades striker Jordan Slew has not featured in the first team recently but did score for Stevenage's second string in a reserve outing last week."

Spot on, after all we're miles above 3rd in the Championship right now aren't we....

yeah and all those fans who thought Danny Wilson would be wank and take us down!

I think fans are as unreliable as the media to be honest, the media just want to make a story and the fans just want everything their own way
Those fans were basing that on pre-conceptions though, not actually what was going on at the club under his management.

Those fans were basing that on pre-conceptions though, not actually what was going on at the club under his management.

Still if you think back to the year before we got promoted to the Prem, there was a majority of fans calling for Warnocks head at the end of the season, then he got given a little cash and the rest is history. Do you think those fans were right and that we'd of got promoted under a new manager that year?

Back
Top Bottom