Ideal 7 days, what do we start with?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky held on to Khedra for too long in January, hoping he would get a replacement before letting him go.
PH was shafted by the owner and league sanctions, ending up with nothing.

I hope he’s not keeping his powder dry this time, hoping that there is enough money left in the pot on the last day to fund PL ready loans.

Get it spent on permanent transfers now. It’s the only positive about Ndiaye leaving. (Princy Promise).

I'd chuck what money we have at Souza and Krejci (Sparta Prague) for permanents and loan fees for Palmer/McAtee and a striker. That would give us a balanced right/left central defensive midfield and free roles in front for Berge and Palmer/McAtee with one up top. So basically 3-4-2-1.

Apart from that, I'd love to hear Brewster, McBurnie, Norwood and Jebbo are all match fit, Trusty is ready to go straight in to LCB and there is positive news about RND (although obviously no chance for Palace). The defensive attributes of him and Baldock are ideal for the PL, with Larouci/Lowe and Bogle options if we're chasing games.

Realistic you say ?
Realistic ?
The club is starting the PL having lost and failed to replace 3 star players without whom it would never have got top six last season never mind autos.
Ndiaye Doyle & McAtee.
That is UNFECKINREALISTIC.
So the bare minimum is to replace at the same level of quality for those 3.
In addition , having got a bit more money due to PL promotion , previous areas of weakness should have been strengthened - take your pick from :
GK
LWB
CCB
And that’s just in the first eleven.
Let alone improving cover.

That’s a bare minimum of SIX PL QUALITY RECRUITS required.
As repeatedly stated by Hecky.
That’s realistic.
But not apparently in the parallel universe inhabited by our club.

Those SIX must be in addition to the ONE which we’ve managed so far (Trusty).

Slimane , Traore & Larouci are just hopeful punts.

We have 2 PL loans.
Which leaves approximately $28m for 4 transfers at an average of $7m.

Don’t tell me we can’t spend $28m after selling Ndiaye.

The longer we leave things the more the selling clubs will sense our desperation and the higher the fees will go.

So the club needs to get off its arse and start feckin shifting itself

Sander says he won't go anywhere as he wants to leave on a free at the end of the season.

We offer new contracts to a list that looks something like Jebbison, Osula, Foderingham, Baldock, Egan, McBurnie.

We sign a midfielder on a permanent.

We get some positive news about the 2 domestic loans.

A bid for the club lands on Bettis' desk.

Doesn't feel particularly realistic but I tried.

Akpom and OBrien could do with signing ASAP

Bare minimum to make us competitive

Team v Palace to be...

Wes*
Baldock Anel Egan Robinson Lowe*
Berge Norwood* OBrien
Osula* Traore*

* none of these should be in our strongest line up as a PL team

I can't believe I'm selecting Lowe to start. What the fuck are the club playing at not treating LWB as anything of consequence...

Realistically I don't expect any signing who'll go into the team v Palace. It'll be yesterday's team but with Norwood and Lowe coming in. Which, even under the stewardship of our sloppy, lethargic owner, was pretty unimaginable

Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest, Manchester City and Everton all have food poisoning outbreaks within their squads.
To get the back 3 and keeper that played yesterday to play as if they have known each other for more than 2 minutes!!!

Come on then, frustrations of the afternoon out of the way and back to thinking pragmatically... Plenty similar in the other threads, but in isolation:

What are the ideal next 7 days work in your eyes?

Who would you like to see cross that white line against Palace?

REALISTIC please :)
Win euro millions 2 days ago

We throw the towel in. Go into admin. Get demoted to non league and start again under some American actor and rise from the ashes.

I'd settle for a couple of decent midfielders Doyle and Choudery would be my realistic choices (Hamer has just had a great game for Coventry but I'd imagine he's too expensive) but if that's asking too much I'd settle for world peace and a cure for cancer.

O'Brien, Akpom, Sousa, back in for McAtee or Doyle on loan. Some injured players nearing fitness.

I expect nothing though, if the key word is realistic.

If we can get Akpom from Boro that will be great in two ways, one if he can score goals for us we have a better chance of staying up. two it will piss off the manager and fans off big time.

Souza, that midfield looked poor today, lacked any kind of bite and aggression. Akpom, who would come deep and pick the ball up (neither Traore or Osula did this and it leaves a big gap between midfield and the strikers). We obviously need more but I’d be happy with this team for Palace:

Wes
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty, Lowe
Berge (further forward), Souza, Slimane
Akpom, McB (if fit)
I think the defence looks ok, although Lowe is the weak link, but midfield to forward line is a complete mess for example we dont have Souza and Burnley are now linked ....................................dont look good!

I saw £12m for Souza. All that money has to cover wages, agents fees, someone to negotiate for us etc. plus, I’m not sure PH wasn’t just publicly putting pressure on to get the money

But I very much hope you’re right and I’m just a cynical mardy arse!
But who can blame you? with our track record.

Realistic you say ?
Realistic ?
The club is starting the PL having lost and failed to replace 3 star players without whom it would never have got top six last season never mind autos.
Ndiaye Doyle & McAtee.
That is UNFECKINREALISTIC.
So the bare minimum is to replace at the same level of quality for those 3.
In addition , having got a bit more money due to PL promotion , previous areas of weakness should have been strengthened - take your pick from :
GK
LWB
CCB
And that’s just in the first eleven.
Let alone improving cover.

That’s a bare minimum of SIX PL QUALITY RECRUITS required.
As repeatedly stated by Hecky.
That’s realistic.
But not apparently in the parallel universe inhabited by our club.

Those SIX must be in addition to the ONE which we’ve managed so far (Trusty).

Slimane , Traore & Larouci are just hopeful punts.

We have 2 PL loans.
Which leaves approximately $28m for 4 transfers at an average of $7m.

Don’t tell me we can’t spend $28m after selling Ndiaye.

The longer we leave things the more the selling clubs will sense our desperation and the higher the fees will go.

So the club needs to get off its arse and start feckin shifting itself
Why do WE always leav e it till teh last minute as well, drives me mad!

I hope I am wrong, nothing will happen, things will be talked about happening, but then, nothing happens.
We give Palace a hard game but they put 2 quality goals past us to ram home the standard required to be prem league.
Its the Blades way, long season ahead but let's enjoy it, one step back is how I am going into this season.
UTB

I think our targets will sadly be less inclined to join now we have lost our starboy. We should have lined someone up and had them through the door before we sold him. Really stupid thinking we could sell him and then bring someone decent in before the season starts. If i was a AM or Striker for example then i know that without Ndiaye (or midfield enhancements we require) then we are going to have very little of the ball up the pitch in games. Meaning they will spend most the season chasing the ball/defending. No player creative player will want to waste a season doing that sadly.

We need some good signings in midfield and further forward to lure in better players I think.

I think we sadly will have no new faces in before CP. Our targets, if good (Tillman) will chose more attacking teams with more desirable style of football over us. We will be seen as a 1 season wonder now we have lost illi and a dead cert to go down as our squad is so much weaker than the end of last season.

If we got a Hamer/Souza etc then we improve our chances of getting a tillman or top striker IMO.

Ideally I think we need a defensive centre mid, a left footed mid, an attacking mid, a centre forward and if possible a new goalkeeper to at least compete with Wes if not replace him.

Trouble is it's all a bit late now. I know its hard on our budget but Luton and Burnley have each managed to sign at least 7 new players already. We will be going into the new season under prepared and without the depth of squad needed and with 3 games in the first 4 you should be hoping to pick up points against it's going to put us completely on the back foot and will be a massive dent in our survival hopes already.

Back
Top Bottom