Ideal 7 days, what do we start with?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We're going to likely be playing against Palace with Ben Osborn, Max Lowe and Will Osula in the starting line up. What do we need before then? A fast takeover or a miracle.

Souza, that midfield looked poor today, lacked any kind of bite and aggression. Akpom, who would come deep and pick the ball up (neither Traore or Osula did this and it leaves a big gap between midfield and the strikers). We obviously need more but I’d be happy with this team for Palace:

Wes
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty, Lowe
Berge (further forward), Souza, Slimane
Akpom, McB (if fit)

Souza, that midfield looked poor today, lacked any kind of bite and aggression. Akpom, who would come deep and pick the ball up (neither Traore or Osula did this and it leaves a big gap between midfield and the strikers). We obviously need more but I’d be happy with this team for Palace:

Wes
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty, Lowe
Berge (further forward), Souza, Slimane
Akpom, McB (if fit)
We can't afford Souza and Akpom is out of the 24 and under, hope for resale value range we are shopping in

We can't afford Souza and Akpom is out of the 24 and under, hope for resale value range we are shopping in
I think we can afford both? Could be a loan to buy with Souza and I don’t get the grief Akpom is getting, think we badly need players who have played in England as it’s obviously easier for them to be integrated and after last season he looks perfect in the “Ndiaye” role. I like the look of Tillman too btw

I don't know much, but i know we shouldn't be starting the Premier league season with League one Jebbo, Ozzy and Osula in the side. I'm sure they're nice lads but they're either not up to standard or two raw.

I think we can afford both? Could be a loan to buy with Souza and I don’t get the grief Akpom is getting, think we badly need players who have played in England as it’s obviously easier for them to be integrated and after last season he looks perfect in the “Ndiaye” role. I like the look of Tillman too btw
Tillman has gone to PSV. Not really commenting on Akpom's suitability, more hos price and age.

Not sure what you're basing the affordability thing on?

Tillman has gone to PSV. Not really commenting on Akpom's suitability, more hos price and age.

Not sure what you're basing the affordability thing on?
You said we can’t afford Souza? I think we can afford both if Hecky says we’ve got the Ndiaye transfer fee to spend on players?

You said we can’t afford Souza? I think we can afford both if Hecky says we’ve got the Ndiaye transfer fee to spend on players?
We only got Euro 300k and a bag of decathlon balls off of the Marseille when they sent it via Calais in a dingy.

Reactions: RWE
ST - Chuba Akpom (borough) Perm
MF - Lewis Baker (Stoke) Perm
MF - Tom Davies - Free
MF - Tommy Doyle - Loan
GK - Areola - Loan

Brewster & RND back in September.

Won’t happen but can wish!
All those in this week?

Not heard of the keeper but he sounds like a bit of a tit.

I saw £12m for Souza. All that money has to cover wages, agents fees, someone to negotiate for us etc. plus, I’m not sure PH wasn’t just publicly putting pressure on to get the money

But I very much hope you’re right and I’m just a cynical mardy arse!

Palmer, Akpom and another CM would be great before the Palace match, but being pragmatic, I reckon we'll only get one of those through the door, most likely Akpom.
Isn't Akpom signing a new contract at Middleborough?

Some added guile and tenacity in midfield, we carry very little threat now Ndiaye has gone. Probably need two. Plus a big scary clinical striker that can put fear into the opposition.

All those in this week?

Not heard of the keeper but he sounds like a bit of a tit.
I didn’t mean this week - I changed the post subject without telling anyone and I meant by the close of the window haha.

The Goalkeeper is unfortunately named after one element of a tit - he’s back up to fabianski at West Ham.

But we do have Anel and Anus ….

I saw £12m for Souza. All that money has to cover wages, agents fees, someone to negotiate for us etc. plus, I’m not sure PH wasn’t just publicly putting pressure on to get the money

But I very much hope you’re right and I’m just a cynical mardy arse!
I hope so too mate, need some players badly. I was pessimistic after watching todays game but if we could get 2 starters in a midfield and striker I’d be “happy” before Palace. Even though we need more than them by the end of the window.

Defensive midfielder, centre left midfield and a striker. Goalie would be nice if we are feeling flush.

Come on then, frustrations of the afternoon out of the way and back to thinking pragmatically... Plenty similar in the other threads, but in isolation:

What are the ideal next 7 days work in your eyes?

Who would you like to see cross that white line against Palace?

REALISTIC please :)

Osborn's contract made null and void.
Larouci defends as well as he attacks
Cole Palmer in on loan
Akpom in on a permanent
Ndaiye money diverted from HRHs pocket to fund Souza

Souza, Palmer and Akpom through the door. Trusty to start. Norwood and McBurnie to be fit. Jebbo to be fit. Fleck to be fit. Club gets sold and sacks El Accounto.

Oh and to not defend from our own corner with our deepest lying player almost in the attacking third of the pitchView attachment 167287
We shouldn’t have to defend from our own corner! Gerremallinbox

Persuade palace to let us play in our away kit, so they are too distracted by hunger pangs for custard to play effectively against us.

Come on then, frustrations of the afternoon out of the way and back to thinking pragmatically... Plenty similar in the other threads, but in isolation:

What are the ideal next 7 days work in your eyes?

Who would you like to see cross that white line against Palace?

REALISTIC please :)

A holding midfielder, Berge does ok playing deep but need to utilize him higher up the pitch.

A left sided midfielder

A creative attacking midfielder. (NANASI!!!)

Another Striker

Basically our midfield which has been our main issue forever... Is still our main issue.

Back
Top Bottom